Page 569 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 694695195595655665675685695705715725735796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 17573

The boys scouts of America have filed for bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Yes.

That poll shows Bernie with more support from women than any other candidate. Black people aren't the only only POC in the country.

Biden leads among African-Americans but Bernie has the most diverse base overall. Your poll shows Bernie having 34% of the non-white vote, that is 13 points higher than Biden who is number 2.
    Sanders' 28 percent among African-American voters is also quite respectable, especially if Biden has 31 percent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fourth place in a neighboring state will do that.
    NH always aligns it's self more with Vermont than with Massachusetts. NH and Vermont have more in common with each other. Lets' see how well she does in the upcoming races. I would not be surprised if the Biden/Bernie/Bloomberg/Buttigeig brawl doesn't knock them all down, leaving more room for Warren to re-surge again.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Bernie is leading among women and POC. He has the most diverse base.

They are deciding, and they have decided that they are going to change the party by electing a progressive.
    Don't get too far ahead of yourself. While things ARE trending in Bernie's direction, we haven't even had three contests so far. Two caucuses (in which Sanders tends to overperform if 2016 tells us anything) and a primary in a neighboring state that has a well known independent streak. He did well enough with what amounts to homefield advantage, but he hasn't even been to neutral ground yet, much less opposing territory.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    NH always aligns it's self more with Vermont than with Massachusetts. NH and Vermont have more in common with each other. Lets' see how well she does in the upcoming races. I would not be surprised if the Biden/Bernie/Bloomberg/Buttigeig brawl doesn't knock them all down, leaving more room for Warren to re-surge again.
    NH also tends to point to Mass as some sort of boogeyman. All of their problems can be traced to their southern neighbor according to many of the politicians, in much the same way California gets blamed for stuff by western states.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Bloomberg qualifies for the Nevada debate. I am looking forward to seeing him and Sanders sparing with each other. And I want to see how he handles himself with people who already have several debates under their belts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/u...l-numbers.html
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Don't get too far ahead of yourself. While things ARE trending in Bernie's direction, we haven't even had three contests so far. Two caucuses (in which Sanders tends to overperform if 2016 tells us anything) and a primary in a neighboring state that has a well known independent streak. He did well enough with what amounts to homefield advantage, but he hasn't even been to neutral ground yet, much less opposing territory.
    You have a point.

Anything can happen. At the next debate everyone can lay into Bernie, hurting him enough for him to lose Nevada and that can change the race again. But the people here should accept that Bernie is the most liked candidate and he is the one people identify with the most, and he's the most resilient. If they want to beat Trump, he has to be the nominee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As someone who grew up in northern MA, that’s not very accurate. NH shares most of its media with MA and many of its residents are just MA transplants who moved north for cheaper costs of living. For a lot of them they just live in NH and commute to MA. Boston is still the central business hub of that area. Vermont is like Maine to them. It’s a nice small rural state that is nice to vacation to but isn’t as prevalent in their lives.

Kerry was the last MA politician before Warren to run a primary in a MA. He got 72% of the fire had it wasn’t remotely close

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

OMG this is funny:

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's so hard to predict that though. Like here's the thing, if Bernie wins big then it's the best shot they have at the Senate anyways. Republicans made a similar argument with Trump, that he would hurt down ballot. But he won and the voters he brought voted R down ballot and preserved the majorities for Republicans. Yeah if Bernie costs them Arizona, it hurts down ballot Democrats, but that's true of any candidate.
    It's highly speculative for sure. I read an article about that with Texas and Dems there being worried it will squash momentum. I don't believe it's a good thing to attack a candidate with, because we just don't know how it will pan out.

Warren says Sanders 'has a lot of questions to answer' regarding online supporters

Asked about online attacks from Senator Bernie Sanders supporters and if he has done enough to condemn them, Senator Elizabeth Warren tells Ali Vitali that Sanders “has a lot of questions to answer here” and “that’s not how we build an inclusive Democratic party and not how we beat Trump. We do not build on a foundation of hate."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    OMG this is funny:

Its highly amusing how he acts as if he was taken out of context. What context do his statements work in beyond some hypothetical dystopia bullshit ?

BANNED

Bernie is leading among women and POC. He has the most diverse base.

They are deciding, and they have decided that they are going to change the party by electing a progressive.
    Look, I know you've been on a tear the last 12 hours or so with this stuff. I'm glad you feel inspired. Vote and stump and be active for what you're passionate about. But here in an internet forum, where we're just having a chat, I'd caution you to be real too. Those progressives you say are going to take over? They will, probably, in time. (Possibly when old age mellows them in centrists mind you!) But they need to start showing up. Not when everything is perfectly how they want it. Not exactly on their terms. Not when they feel like it. Not with any of the other conditions I usually hear. You want to "take over"? Alright.

Time to show up and do it. Historically there is a lot of bluster behind progressivism and then a no-show when it counts. And I'm not talking about November either. By the time Super Tuesday is done there should be an evident trend of these progressives, who can win the general, showing up to put Bernie in the nomination spot. If they don't exist....well, I'm going to be on the horse that has been the only one to win any races: centrists. It's put up or shut up time in the next few weeks.

I'm a "Blue no matter who" and will support a progressive. It's not hard for me as an independent because I think progressive policies are needed, but I'm also annoyed by progressives like you who attack and slander the only group of non-Republicans who actually win. If you and your secret, heretofore non-voting cabal of progressives want to rise up? Fine by me. But you better ****ing do it then. The bravado you're displaying is not unique and so far progressive butts can't cash the check your mouth is writing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Whoever the Democratic candidate winds up being after all the sausage making is done, THE most important thing he (or she) will have to do is bring everyone together under one tent, assemble the various factions and sharpen their collective focus towards one goal and one goal only----beating Donald Trump in November. All these divisions and turf battles will do nothing but distract the party from the goal of winning back the presidency (and, hopefully, the Senate too). I feel pretty confident Biden and Warren can be uniters while Mayor Pete and Klobuchar will have to show me they can do the job, then there's Sanders, can he a uniter, and I'm not talking about in terms of specious bullshit like polls which are about as lasting as a fart in a windstorm. Can he bring men, women, blacks, whites, Latinos, Asians, LGTBQ along with the alphabet soup of political factions together and get them all to play nice? Considering his reticence (or inability) to corral his most....overenthusiastic followers, can Sanders bring much needed order on a much larger scale? If he's the candidate, he damn well BETTER be able to, AND bring people to the voting booth, or the party's screwed, leading to Trump getting another term.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-18-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Biden continues to be the safest bet to beat Trump, with a lead twice as big as Sanderseses:

... and that is from the poll that gave Sanders his biggest primary lead yet, so they definitely did not undersample Sanders supporters.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 02-18-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!