Page 783 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 283683733773779780781782783784785786787793833883 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    You might want to cool it on that prechampionship celebration, the election is far from over and just because you happened to win a bunch of states despite having done nothing to earn those votes doesn't mean that ingenious strategy will keep working. We have facts on our side, and we have the better candidate, even if we lose we can still go down with dignity, knowing we fought the good fight and stayed true to our principles. Even if you somehow manage to backpedal your way into the White House, you know that you didn't deserve to win and it'll make for the weakest administration in history.
    What I'm saying is true regardless of this primary.

You do NOT have facts on your side. You believed that you did. You apparently still, falsely, believe that. You like your candidate. You like his policies. But most of what you believe, you believe in contrast to the facts or pretend that beliefs are facts. If you understood the facts of the situation you'd spend less time pouting and whining and more time organizing.

I want progressive policies to win out. I hope Biden leans into some of Bernie's policies. I hope Warren is closely advising their actions as that's the person I was most rooting for. What I am not, however, is some factless idealist who can't pull their head out of their own idealogy's ass long enough to see reality. I know progressives are disorganized. They don't turn out. They pick stupid fights. They don't understand how to effectively enact policy. Nevertheless I want to take those stray, disoriented, combative cats like you and herd them into something meaningful. All you seem content to do is cry in the corner about how unfair it is no one wants to listen.

Start organizing into something that can actually accomplish things. It will not be handed to you simply because you cry "But I'm the one that's right!" over and over again.

no matter who wins the primary, we gotta keep our eyes on the prize in the general. We cannot let petty bullshit get the better of us, there's too much at stake

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    In summary then

So overall Biden may not rock the boat visa vi getting new change in, beyond rolling back Trumps rollbacks abs maybe doing a bit more. But he's more reliably able to get votes dye to his familiar status, unthreatening message/status and has a history of stepping up for the black community.

Meanwhile Bernie wants positive change but may not necessarily be able to get it because he's overreaching (in the US system at least) and whilst his goals are noble they also unsettle people due to how radical it sounds and how shaky it seems, not helped ny his less reliable voter base.
    That tracks with me.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    That tracks with me.
    Apologies for the spelling errors btw, fat fingers and a phone screen do not go well for conversation

A sitting US Congressman is threatening to shoot a presidential candidate and former Vice President.

(Also, this is why Colorado now has a gun sense majority and why @SenCoryGardner
    will lose his seat in November.)
    Twitter Link

Congressman Ken Buck
    @RepKenBuck
    I have just one message for Joe Biden and Beto O’Rourke, if you want to take everyone’s AR-15s, why don’t you swing by my office in Washington, D.C. and start with this one?

Come and take it. #2A
    Twitter Link

This could be illegal.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-06-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This would be the time where primary voters should be rallying around the clear favorite in the primary, to assure that that likely winner is not weakened in the general. Especially when the alternative is an incompetent, demented, sexist, racist, criminal who is pardoning people who commit war crimes and running an administration that's locking children in cages.

So why do I get the feeling there are going to be Bernie Bros sharing articles from dubious sources and flat-out Russian propaganda to bitterly s*** talk Biden until November, and then wonder why he's not destroying Trump in polls or in the election? Could it be because that's what happened 4 years ago, and they're showing us right now they're willing to do it again?

I'm just gonna leave advice from Morty:

Focus. Because as much as you might whine, "But if it's Biden, nothing changes!"

You said this about Clinton, too, four years ago. And things DID change. For the worse. If Trump gets re-elected, do you think things are going to get better? No, they're gonna get worse. They do every day we're under duress from that lunatic.

Get. It. Together.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Twitter Link

This could be illegal.
    Colorado is moving closer and closer to being a “safe blue” state. The only progressive thing we struck down on the state level in the last number of years since Gardner got elected was the universal statewide health insurance coverage. This guy doesn’t represent us and hasn’t had a town hall in years. And he better hope that they let him keep his gerrymandered district after the census.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    You saw the Obama-Bernie ad right? I don’t know how you pander much more than that. At least, Biden can back up his history with Obama with eight years of friendship. Bernie has a history of wanting Obama primaried.

And, no, it doesn’t. Because Obama fits underneath your definition of “moderate” (i.e. not “progressive”) and he was the best president for social justice reforms that we’ve had since LBJ. That’s a record that I believe Biden is committed to build on, as are many of his supporters.
    The fact that Obama will likely have Biden's ear and make himself available for a advice and a different perspective when necessary should also be taken into consideration.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The fact that Obama will likely have Biden's ear and make himself available for a advice and a different perspective when necessary should also be taken into consideration.
    Hell, Biden's already intimated he would put Obama on the Supreme Court.

Which, after McConnell rewrote Senate rules to make it possible based on a simple majority... is within the realm of possibility.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This is precisely why I don’t buy the narrative of “well, Obama was acceptable to progressives because he really was quite progressive in some ways, but Biden is totally different and will not do anything like Obama did”.

Honestly, I think some people do want Trump to win, strictly for acceleration purposes

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Which, after McConnell rewrote Senate rules to make it possible based on a simple majority... is within the realm of possibility.
    That is what I would love to see. Conservative heads exploding because it wouldn’t violate precedent either way—for a president to be placed on the Court or for him to be placed there with a simple majority.

BANNED

Seriously? You guys talk about Medicare for all like it's some pie in the sky pipe dream but you think that somehow conservatives will not start a civil war over the person they hate more than anyone else in the world getting a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land, the one institution that the GOP is counting on to keep them relevant long after demographic shifts have rendered them a permanent minority?

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Honestly, I think some people do want Trump to win, strictly for acceleration purposes
    Yup, the "burn it all down so we can rebuild it better" crowd. These people don't seem to realize the seriousness of the gamble they advocate. Take the Weimar Republic for example which fell to similar although greatly accelerated forces. Sure, Germany eventually became a functioning democracy after WWI but look what happened for decades in between that war, the second war, and reunification. How many millions of people needlessly suffered and died over roughly seventy years. The final cost of bringing down the imperfect Weimar Republic was staggering.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I would drink deeply of the sweet Conservative tears.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe