Page 10 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

Making it harder to alter votes cast by Americans is all a part of the plan.

People need to make up their minds about how American politics is being interfered with.
    It's almost like it's a multi-pronged problem but I understand if that's not sufficiently narrow and specific for your convenience and blinkered pov.

Sure.

Making it harder to alter votes cast by Americans is all a part of the plan.

People need to make up their minds about how American politics is being interfered with.
    Ooooh, one decent position. Clearly she should be the nominee for that.

<eyeroll emoji unavailable>
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

You know who the smartest people are on this Gabbard/Hillary thing?

Biden and Warren for staying the hell out of that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

I can agree with that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

As far as I can tell, I think Booker is staying out of it, aside from his Side-eye gif.

Haven't seen Castro or Klobachar comment on it, though I could be wrong.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ooooh, one decent position. Clearly she should be the nominee for that.

<eyeroll emoji unavailable>
    "Nominee"...

No one is saying that.

"Really Unusual Policy Position For A Russian Asset"?

Someone is saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As far as I can tell, I think Booker is staying out of it, aside from his Side-eye gif.

Haven't seen Castro or Klobachar comment on it, though I could be wrong.
    Watching Castro avoid giving an answer was the one good thing that came of this.

It was hilarious.

"Nominee"...

No one is saying that.

Someone is saying that.
    It's not, though, unless you have a dumb idea of what constitutes an 'asset'.

- https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/10/e...ng-months.html

Elon Musk-funded water stations to be installed in Flint school buildings in coming months

- https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-stein-901593/

Everyone Is a Russian Asset
    The #Resistance has come up with all sorts of words for such fifth-columnists and deviationists: they are “false-balancers” or “false equivalencers,” “neo-Naderites,” “purity-testers,” “both-sidesists,” “whataboutists,” “horseshoe theorists,” “Russia skeptics” or “Russia denialists,” and “anti-anti-Trumpers.” Such heretics are all ultimately seen as being on “team Putin.”

This witch-hunting insanity isn’t just dangerous, it’s a massive breach from reality. Trump’s campaign was a clown show. He had almost no institutional backing. His “ground game” was nonexistent: his “campaign” was a TV program based almost wholly around unscripted media appearances. Trump raised just over half the $1.2 billion Hillary pulled in (making him the first presidential candidate dating back to 1976 to win with a funds deficit). He didn’t prepare a victory speech, for the perfectly logical reason that he never expected to win.

Even if you posit the most elaborate theories of Russian interference (which I don’t, but of course I’m denialist scum), what happened in 2016 was still almost entirely a domestic story, with Trump benefiting from long-developing public rejection of the political establishment.

Rather than confront the devastating absurdity of defeat before an ad-libbing game show host who was seemingly trying to lose – a black comedy that is 100% in America’s rich stupidity tradition – Democrats have gone all-in on this theory of foreign infiltration. House speaker Nancy Pelosi even said as much in a White House meeting, pointing at Trump and proclaiming: “All roads lead to Putin.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's not, though, unless you have a dumb idea of what constitutes an 'asset'.
    I think she's more of a useful idiot than a devoted asset.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think she's more of a useful idiot than a devoted asset.
    A useful idiot is still an asset to Russian interests. It doesn't mean she's having clandestine meeting s with Russian agents in Trump tower or something.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Continues To Defend Doral Choice Even After Giving In

The president blamed Democrats and the media after he canceled his plans to host the G-7 summit at his personal property. Jesus! What a fucking whiner! Meanwhile....

Trump’s Elaborate Scheme To Get Around His Emoluments Problem Proves He Has One

The White House planned to solicit private donations to pay Trump’s Doral resort because government funds are prohibited. But he’s taken those funds all along. The Grifter-in-Chief continues doing what he does best: fleecing the public and lining his pockets.

Trump Viewed Ukraine As Adversary, Not Ally, Witnesses Say

Behind closed doors, Trump has made his views on Ukraine clear: “They tried to take me down.” What? WHAT?

Jared Kushner, Steve Mnuchin To Attend Saudi Conference A Year After Khashoggi Murder

The Treasury secretary backed out last year amid controversy surrounding the Saudi journalist’s disappearance. All together now....DEPLORABLE!

White Evangelicals Stand Behind Trump Despite Impeachment Inquiry: Survey

On race, immigration, impeachment and other issues, white evangelicals continue to be at odds with most other American religious groups. Well, of course they do. They're solid behind THE shittiest president ever.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Tulsi... just shut up.

If you're sick of the new McCarthyism and warmongering by Hillary and her cohorts, then join our campaign. We need your support. Democrat, Republican, Independent — it doesn't matter. We need to unite to usher in a govt which is of, by, and for the people! https://t.co/rzEE9eqDSR https://t.co/Jsq9EWxGDM

"Nominee"...

No one is saying that.

Someone is saying that.
    You are misusing or misunderstanding the term asset here. It's a technical term meaning someone they can use wittingly or unwittingly to their advantage. "Useful idiot" is more colloquial term.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum