Page 893 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 393793843883889890891892893894895896897903943993 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I totally get the courts argument, but let's not forget that the Democrats pretty much didn't fight McConnell at all on blocking Merrick Garland's nomination because they all assumed that Hillary was going to win the election and render that moot, never mind that Republican senators were already claiming that they were committed to fighting her on this for the next four years if need be. I don't trust Biden one bit to hold firm here, I can totally see him compromising by finding the most right wing black woman in the nation and putting her on the court because yay representation, and then act all shocked and dismayed when she sides with the conservative justices on everything leading to the exact scenario you described anyway.
    This is starting to feel like aguing with a flat-earther.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In all fairness, the "crash" is due to Covid-19, not Trumper.
    And that's because Trump botched the federal response to the corona virus and the slack had to be picked up by local government. Everyone, corporations included, are in panic mode right now because of how the administration has not done enough and downplayed the issue in those crucial early weeks.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-16-2020 at 02:11 PM.

I misreported. Ohio is not moving their Primary. Dewine recommenced it but does not have the power to move it. he is going to court to get a judges order to move it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think however Biden pick as his VP will have to have a strong presence In the White House and Media to prove that he can do the job after Biden.
    she

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    But Biden already promised to veto it.
    Will you stop telling that lie?
    He gave very specific circumstances under which he would veto it. If it is a bad bill that would make coverage worse for people in the short run, he might veto it. So that people don't die.

Why do you want people to die? Isn't that what you guys keep asking people opposed to M4A?

Unlike you, I'm not certain of this. Besides Covid-19 there are other factors at play including that Saudi Arabia and Russia are presently engaged in a brutal price war over crude oil.

What's behind Saudi Arabia's oil price war with Russia?

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...114308947.html
    No, you're right, 45's bad COVID-19 response and bad economic responses to COVID-19 aren't solely to blame.

45 changed Iranian plans, causing oil and market issues.
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...will-come-back
    https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...suffer-1424266

45 floundered the shale plan he bungled up earlier in 2018.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ergy-dominance

45's 2017 tax cut situation resulted in tax increases for nearly all households in the second, third, and fourth income quintiles. They triggered an all-time record binge of share buybacks, $800B in 2018, to be exact.
    https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ple-and-planet

It's not like there have been warnings that this economy was coming. Oh wait ...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...conomy/606115/

You're right, though. 45's bad COVID-19 response and bad economic responses to COVID-19 aren't solely to blame.

It's cherry on the **** sundae of Trump's failed economic policies.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    In all fairness, it only drops every time Trump announces a plan to intervene.

I guess Hoover didn't have a role in the last stock market crash, either?

Come on, son, be better.
    I know swine flu wasn't this bad, but the stock market actually kept going up back then because people knew the adults were in charge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I know swine flu wasn't this bad, but the stock market actually kept going up back then because people knew the adults were in charge.
    EXACTLY. Even trump supporters and the GOP that followed him because they thought they could get judges and kickbacks knew privately he was a moron. But, this is the warning and crisis we knew he couldn't handle like a war. Hell look how many people he has in Acting capacity still instead of confirmed permanent positions. When we need all cogs of the government in harmony and the same message including the president hes a disaster.

Extraordinary Member

Update: flew to Tortola this morning to get off the island a day before they close entry. Then flew up San Juan. So I’m in America. Flying to my hometown in an hour with my family. Trying to stay WFH for a bit then going to fly back to my place in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Update: flew to Tortola this morning to get off the island a day before they close entry. Then flew up San Juan. So I’m in America. Flying to my hometown in an hour with my family. Trying to stay WFH for a bit then going to fly back to my place in Colorado
    Glad you made it back safe. I have a trip to Hawaii in 4 weeks that might end up being cancelled - at least I can say it isn't to the heavily touristy islands, I'd be on Maui only long enough to change planes before landing in Kauai. That's assuming the trip goes through - a major travel restriction would stop it and one might be coming before the date hits.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hope it all goes okay.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I agree, I think he may drop out soon, though I don’t mind him staying in the race just to continue to promote his progressive ideals and continue to push Biden to the left. I’m not convinced that Biden will actually adopt any of Sanders or Warrens ideas though, I have the impression he’s all talk on that.

I’m also not convinced that Biden will be able to win the general election, I think he may have a similar problem that Clinton had, he does well in the popular vote, but he loses in a few key swing states like Michigan and such. The only thing he has going for him is basically that he’s not Trump, I don’t know if that will be enough to get the voter turnout he will need in those states.
    Promoting his policies while he's still got some spotlight is really the only reason for him to hang in the election at this point.

He's not running again in 2024, so after this he's basically done. And it's not like Biden is going to pick up the torch. So if he doesn't drop soon, it'll probably be to squeeze whatever is left from the spotlight he has for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's cherry on the **** sundae of Trump's failed economic policies.
    I'm actually wondering how soon it will be before FOX starts calling this 'The Obama Crash'.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Ultimate Member

My Spring Break just went from one week to INDEFINITELY in Dallas. We are shut down until further notice.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

See this is the thing I hate about Sanders' most hardcore fans/supporters they are absolutists. An all or nothing mentality in politics typically leads to failure at best a disaster at worst.
    Well, the vast majority of Sander’s supporters did turn out to vote for Clinton, and I expect the same will be true for Biden. And Sanders himself campaigned for Clinton and says he will for Biden.

As for long term effects, while I agree Biden would be good for the future Supreme Court nominations and other court appointments, I think there’s also a danger that a Biden presidency would also increase the likelihood of another Trump like candidate in four years. Simply because nothing will really change, there will still be people without healthcare, there will still be people with large college loans, there will still be people who are working for wages that don’t begin to cover their cost of living. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see the incremental changes Biden is proposing leading to any real change. The reality is people need big changes not little ones.