Page 346 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446846 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I think Sanders should publicly denounce Rogan's comments and distance himself from said commentary and behavior.

I likewise think Sanders supporters should stop attacking Biden unless they want to see a repeat of what happened in the last election.
    Listen I already engaged with the point of the article you posted, if you want to keep moving the goal post this isn’t going to be a real dialogue. It’s not hard to directly address a point

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think they’d be pissed after he appeared on Rogan’s show and took an interview with him. But to be honest I think they’d be dismissive. There really isn’t as much of hyper critical lens on supporters of those candidates while Bernie supporters tend to be a topic of discussion. I do think it’s pretty one sided in that respect. Criticism on Bernie Sanders opponents have mostly been on that candidates actions and policies. Attacks on Bernie have a lot more external factors mixed in with them
    I see a lot of conflating when it comes to 'criticism of Bernie followers' and 'attacking Bernie'. Which only proves that the admittedly reductive 'Bernie Bro' label has validity. If you cant separate a criticism of your behavior as a Bernie supporter (using the 'royal' you, here to refer to the Bernie fanatic, not you specifically) from an 'attack' on Bernie, it speaks to one of two things: your emotional immaturity, or your adherence to Bernie transcending politics and crossing into religious fervor. Either look is a bad one.

Ultimate Member

Listen I already engaged with the point of the article you posted, if you want to keep moving the goal post this isn’t going to be a real dialogue. It’s not hard to directly address a point
    I never moved any goalpost: I still say that it's telling that there is more room in Sanders tent for Rogan than there is for Biden, just as I did in my original post.

Now, do you care to address why Sanders should promote the endorsement of someone who claimed that a black neighborhood was the "Planet of the Apes"?

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jo...t-of-the-apes/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I see a lot of conflating when it comes to 'criticism of Bernie followers' and 'attacking Bernie'. Which only proves that the admittedly reductive 'Bernie Bro' label has validity. If you cant separate a criticism of your behavior as a Bernie supporter (using the 'royal' you, here to refer to the Bernie fanatic, not you specifically) from an 'attack' on Bernie, it speaks to one of two things: your emotional immaturity, or your adherence to Bernie transcending politics and crossing into religious fervor. Either look is a bad one.
    I rarely see people in here criticize Bernie on policy. I see it being more about his supporters or manufacturer **** like gender article he wrote or some unsubstantiated “he’s bad for black people”’ that doesn’t reflect in policy or polling. At least on here.

Extraordinary Member

I never moved any goalpost: I still say that it's telling that there is more room in Sanders tent for Rogan than there is for Biden, just as I did in my original post.

Now, do you care to address why Sanders shouldn't denounce the endorsement of someone who claimed that a black neighborhood was the "Planet of the Apes"?

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jo...t-of-the-apes/
    His team already released a statement saying they didn’t agree with everything he said.

And yeah you are moving the goalposts. There’s multiple posts in this chain of me directly engaging in what you posted and your response being something entirely different. You haven’t answered a single question I asked you directly and I gave you that courtesy multiple times

Ultimate Member

I rarely see people in here criticize Bernie on policy.
    You're being blatantly dishonest now -- I just spent the last two or three days doing exactly that.

Leviathan has frequently done the same, as has Mets and many others.

His team already released a statement saying they didn’t agree with everything he said.

And yeah you are moving the goalposts. There’s multiple posts in this chain of me directly engaging in what you posted and your response being something entirely different. You haven’t answered a single question I asked you directly and I gave you that courtesy multiple times
    Because you're the one moving the goalposts from my original post regarding Rogan and Biden.

That was my only real issue and if you feel that you've adequately addressed that then there's not much else to discuss on the matter.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You're being blatantly dishonest now -- I just spent the last two or three days doing exactly that.
    Okay what policy

I rarely see people in here criticize Bernie on policy. I see it being more about his supporters or manufacturer **** like gender article he wrote or some unsubstantiated “he’s bad for black people”’ that doesn’t reflect in policy or polling. At least on here.
    Not only on here. Those are the main "criticisms" he gets.
    BB

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Someone has been watching to much Star Trek
    I know, right? I wonder if someone from Gene Roddenberry’s estate is looking at this?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Okay what policy
    I'm not going to bother repeating myself, especially when I know it won't change anything.

That said, feel free to scroll back a few pages and answer as you see fit.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not going to bother repeating myself -- feel free to scroll back a few pages and answer as you see fit.
    I’m not going to scroll back to find your posts when you can’t even answer one question I had directly. It’s a waste of time. You could name one policy in the time it took to write that post

BANNED

I think they’d be pissed after he appeared on Rogan’s show and took an interview with him. But to be honest I think they’d be dismissive. There really isn’t as much of hyper critical lens on supporters of those candidates while Bernie supporters tend to be a topic of discussion. I do think it’s pretty one sided in that respect. Criticism on Bernie Sanders opponents have mostly been on that candidates actions and policies. Attacks on Bernie have a lot more external factors mixed in with them
    If this is indeed your "honest" take on this....why do you feign disbelief that people won't have a conversation with you? The attacks on Biden practically write themselves: "Wow, surprise surprise! They transphobic racist with a mostly white audience loves the old, establishment candidate!" If you can't admit that Bernie supporters would be just as quick to pounce, why on earth would anyone take you seriously in a conversation?

As for policy, the one I always think of when I think of how "conversational" you can be is when I fact-slapped you about universal health care and the problems it has as a policy with American voters once you dig past the surface. As it seems with anyone who discusses with you, no amount of facts, rational discourse, or reasoned arguments can even produce a "yeah, that will be a challenge for Bernie". You show no ability to acknowledge any flaws and become super defensive, whining about being attacked and insulted almost immediately when the truth is....you couldn't hang in the argument. You seem bright enough, if you'd just back down from the defensiveness and idolatry perhaps you'd find more conversation and less bickering. If and when you find yourself capable, I'm sure aja or myself would engage you on policy. But time to show you're up for it first.

Ultimate Member

I’m not going to scroll back to find your posts when you can’t even answer one question I had directly. It’s a waste of time. You could name one policy in the time it took to write that post
    It took over a dozen pages to address those issues last time -- I'm not going to do that again just so you can keep arguing.

If you really wanted to discuss policy, you'd take the time to do so.

Do you think Bernie supporters would support Rogan running for President against Bernie? Do you think Bernie supporters would tolerate Biden endorsing Sanders and saying he would vote for him?
    I think those questions have nothing to do with the issue I was addressing regarding Sanders tent being big enough for Rogan but not for Biden.

That said, I have no idea whether Sanders supporters would support Rogan (over Sanders) if he ran for office, especially given how much praise I've seen many of them give him for his interviews.

The other question is moving the goalposts completely -- running against a competitor is not the same as accepting the endorsement of someone who has a history of making problematic comments that don't represent the core ideologies of the Democratic party.

Sanders supporters can campaign against Biden without constantly attacking him by simply stating their own opposing political views.

Biden will most likely endorse Sanders if he is the nominee, regardless, but his acceptance of people like Rogan will make that a much more difficult decision.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 04:37 PM.

The full interview will be up soon. But here is the part that got him angry. She did her job for the American people. We ask questions because of the PUBLIC RIGHT TO KNOW. We represent you when we speak to officials who make decisions in our name.
    Twitter Link

Transcript: NPR's Full Interview With Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

It took over a dozen pages to address those issues last time -- I'm not going to do that again just so you can keep arguing.

If you really wanted to discuss policy, you'd take the time to do so.

I think those questions have nothing to do with the issue I was addressing regarding Sanders tent being big enough for Rogan but not for Biden.

That said, I have no idea whether Sanders supporters would support Rogan (over Sanders) if he ran for office, especially given how much praise I've seen many of them give him for his interviews.

The other question is moving the goalposts completely -- running against a competitor is not the same as accepting the endorsement of someone who has a history of making problematic comments that don't represent the core ideologies of the Democratic party.

You can run against Biden without constantly attacking him by stating your own opposing political views.
    Just name a policy you disagree with, it’s not hard.

And really, you think they wouldn’t have an issue with Rogan running against Bernie? Okay