Page 544 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 15550
  1. #8146
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    #732

    #4874: The one where Mets tells black people to be civil

    I'd have to pull up cache'd versions to get more since the site only lets me go back twenty pages and Mets gets tagged A LOT.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-15-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  2. #8147
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Instead of coming down on Mister Mets, why not explain why Bloomberg is worse than trump. I've heard this said on other forums as well but it's never explained why.
    He was actually a city mayor in one of the largest african american demographic area and stewarded and championed policies that were not only hostile toward black people, but resulted in their deaths and disinfranchisement. Then claimed they were necessary.

    As a black person I'm not voting for him, period point blank. Trump or Bloomberg both want to see people that look like me dead or in jail.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  3. #8148
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Instead of coming down on Mister Mets, why not explain why Bloomberg is worse than trump. I've heard this said on other forums as well but it's never explained why.
    IMO no one is worse than Trump, including Bloomberg. Those who say so, you have to ask why.

    Bloomberg may have had Stop and Frisk, he may have had the comments about Red Lining, but Trump began his real Estate career denying apartments to Minorities. Then there was his antagonism against Native Americans, the Central Park 5, Birtherism, s***hole countries, caging immigrant children and separating them from their families, Mexicans are ......, ICE, and so on and so forth.


    So, which one is better and which one is worse?

    Edit: I'm not saying this as an endorsement of Bloomberg, only as a statement of comparative facts.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #8149
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,326

    Default

    I probably wouldn't vote for Bloomberg in the primary, but if he did win the nomination I'd rather vote for him than see Trump win reelection.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #8150
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If it's scary for me, I can only imagine it must be downright terrifying for African Americans and other people of color.
    Ironically, I'm not scared of it at this point because I'm used to it -- my solution is now just to avoid cops as much as possible.

    Doesn't change the fact that I know all it takes is one racist cop to either end my life or put me in prison for an extended period of time.

    With few, if any, repercussions.

    On the flip side, I don't tend to have that problem in areas where a lot of the police officers are black -- it's often a matter of territory.

  6. #8151
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I've been handcuffed before because I "matched the profile" -- it's not that uncommon an experience.

    Usually they pull me over -- or stop me in the streets -- and ask for ID based on a charge like "no bike light" or "jaywalking" on a college campus, where everyone is doing the same all around me while I get singled out for ticketing.

    They've done the same over a fake "tail light charge" and most recently claiming I turned from the wrong lane when the "right" lane was blocked off for construction.

    They then proceeded to accuse me of "having something in the glove compartment" and "having false registration" and that "maybe my car was stolen" while they ran my ID to see if they could find something to pin on me, but instead took twenty five minutes questioning me before finally writing me a ticket.

    Same thing happened in Hollywood when I was standing outside my apartment -- ran my ID while asking where I lived, when I lived right across the street.



    As an African-Amercan, it's just a fact of life that you have to deal with in America, and hope that whatever cop that pulls you over isn't trigger happy.
    We live in a nice house in a good area, and I dread ever needing to call the police. My wife is white and we've openly discussed the fact that if we ever have a situation where they need to come to the house she needs to open the door, tell them I'm in a specific area, describe what I'm wearing and repeatedly tell them that I'm not the threat before they ever see me. I will lay down and wait for them to tell me to move, because I'm legitimately terrified I will be murdered in my own home by the police, for reporting a crime.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  7. #8152
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Ironically, I'm not scared of it at this point because I'm used to it -- my solution is now just to avoid cops as much as possible.

    Doesn't change the fact that I know all it takes is one racist cop to either end my life or put me in prison for an extended period of time.

    With few, if any, repercussions.

    On the flip side, I don't tend to have that problem in areas where a lot of the police officers are black -- it's often a matter of territory.
    Yep, it would take a lot for me to involve the police in a situation.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  8. #8153
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Yep, it would take a lot for me to involve the police in a situation.
    Reading these stories about black people getting shot by the cops on sight is a clear sign that they might have to be the absolute last resort in many cases.

    Imagine calling the cops to help someone in trouble only to watch them kill a family member or an innocent bystander instead.

    Even the actual suspects deserve more due process than being choked and beaten by officers or shot in the back while unarmed.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 11:27 AM.

  9. #8154
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,326

    Default

    Gov. Scott gives endorsement in Presidential race

    MONTPELIER, Vt. —

    Vermont Governor Phil Scott has endorsed a Presidential candidate, just 3 weeks before the Vermont primary.

    He said he is backing Bill Weld, President Trump's Challenger on the March 3rd Ballot.
    "I've met with him before, I think a lot of him and his platform so I would be supporting him," said Scott.

    Scott and Weld are both from the Libertarian wing of the Republican Party.

    Weld is a former U.S. Attorney who criticizes President Trump about his conduct and controversy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #8155
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    We live in a nice house in a good area, and I dread ever needing to call the police. My wife is white and we've openly discussed the fact that if we ever have a situation where they need to come to the house she needs to open the door, tell them I'm in a specific area, describe what I'm wearing and repeatedly tell them that I'm not the threat before they ever see me. I will lay down and wait for them to tell me to move, because I'm legitimately terrified I will be murdered in my own home by the police, for reporting a crime.
    I don't blame you one bit. And if the cops protest and say, "Hey, calm down, we're not racist!" I would tell them, then do something about it! Root out the racist cops! Stop playing the Blue Wall of Silence game.

  11. #8156
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I don't blame you one bit. And if the cops protest and say, "Hey, calm down, we're not racist!" I would tell them, then do something about it! Root out the racist cops! Stop playing the Blue Wall of Silence game.
    I don't use the term much, but talking back to cops is the very definition of white privilege.

    As a black male, you have to ask yourself if "winning" an argument with a cop is worth going to jail or taking a bullet.

  12. #8157
    Intermediary
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    121

    Default

    we had an incident here in Connecticut where a white male near drop kicked an EMT at an accident scene and got ZERO jail time

    if I did that, a 6'2 230 lb black guy

    id be in jail till my descendants settled Mars

  13. #8158
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    we had an incident here in Connecticut where a white male near drop kicked an EMT at an accident scene and got ZERO jail time

    if I did that, a 6'2 230 lb black guy

    id be in jail till my descendants settled Mars
    I've seen the way some white people talk to cops firsthand and felt like I was in a parallel universe.

    It's wild living in a country where Dylan Roof has a better chance of surviving a police encounter than you do.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 11:42 AM.

  14. #8159
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Putting the content in big green letters doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. Within the closing weeks the last polls all had Hillary in a national win and in tight races in the swing states that went to Trump all falling under the margin of error. They were by and large correct. We are currently two weeks out from Super Tuesday and then have two primaries right before them. Those trends matter because there are immediate relevant elections and candidates are starting to drop out and you will get a wave of drop outs in a couple of weeks. Which make the head to heads important.

    I'll put it simpler for you, your data and understanding of polls is factually wrong and smarter people than you or I have already analyzed that matter to death.
    And smarter people than you realized that when Paul gave you three chances to read that he wrote "2008 primaries", he wasn't talking about Trump, who only ran in 2000 and 2016.

  15. #8160
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Attachment 93242

    Bernie walks on water

    Bernie makes the sun shine

    Bernie makes the birds sing

    Bernie makes the flowers bloom

    ......give me a break

    Only two states have voted, out of 50 +non-state associated areas. This Bernie worship is getting embarrassing.

    Twitter Link
    Sanders Offers Water to Rally Goer with Medical Issue, Someone in Crowd Shouts 'The Bernie Holy Water!'
    Man, what is it with political cults all of a sudden?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •