Page 980 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 48088093097097697797897998098198298398499010301080 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

A Sanders Supporter seeing everything as either/or without shades of grey?

I wish I had some pearls so I could clutch them.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Those are 2 completely seperate things though.

Yes, the US should have been more prepared... but that doesn't mean people can't and frankly shouldn't crap on China for their handling of the situation. It's not an EITHER OR sort of situation.
    They aren't though, part of the reason we weren't more prepared was because we had somehow convinced ourselves that the spread of the virus was only due to how the Chinese government handled it, and that a free and democratic society like ours wouldn't have any trouble containing it, for some reason. Of course, once we realized that viruses don't really care about what system of government the patients are living under, it was already too late. And it's pretty evident now that, whatever the real numbers are, we are going to suffer much worse from the virus than they will, in no small part due to that fact that we outsourced so many of our vital industries now, and that while the Chinese have been willing to provide supplies to other countries despite their own needs, all this hostility we've created means that there's no chance they'll consider selling anything to America now. Of course, this could be alleviated if we were willing to divert more of our resources to producing medical supplies at home, but it's pretty clear that the heads of industry are vehemently against this and Trump is hesitant to go against their interests.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    They aren't though, part of the reason we weren't more prepared was because we had somehow convinced ourselves that the spread of the virus was only due to how the Chinese government handled it, and that a free and democratic society like ours wouldn't have any trouble containing it, for some reason. .
    This is immense nonsense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Those are 2 completely seperate things though.

Yes, the US should have been more prepared... but that doesn't mean people can't and frankly shouldn't crap on China for their handling of the situation. It's not an EITHER OR sort of situation.
    China, Russia, USA, Mexico and I believe Brazil too. They all failed their citizensl

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    China, Russia, USA, Mexico and I believe Brazil too. They all failed their citizensl
    Where is Arrow when we need him? "You have failed...."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That's probably true. But the optics on our side look terrible. Makes it seem like we're assholes who can't even contain our own people under a pandemic. All in the guise of Personal Freedumb.
    It is difficult to contain our own people. A lot of people would be upset if the national guard started shooting civilians.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is difficult to contain our own people. A lot of people would be upset if the national guard started shooting civilians.
    Innocent civilians being shot in America? What EVER shall we do?!?!

What health censers would it take to make the voter base realize that the man is unfit for the job?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yes, The Mayor of Chicago had to get tough and close the lakefront and it's miles of trails, along with the parks. When the weather turned nice earlier this week they were hundreds if not thousands out there and they were not social distancing

Extraordinary Member

Honestly the federal government should have issues a shelter in place that was legally enforced by now. The biggest issue we gave is unconscionable inconsistency. It helps nobody to have a bunch of states take this seriously while the hyuck states thump their chest so that they face their crisis when the responsible states got it under control and now we still can’t re open because we have a disease problem below us that will spread up here.

We really should have been replicating Italy’s lockdown by now. We are heading in that direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Billionaire pledged loose sofa change.
    All the this...
    I saw one of the Kardashians who is worth Billions pledge 2 million also... That's like I have 10 bucks and pledge a penny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Innocent civilians being shot in America? What EVER shall we do?!?!
    #blacklivesmatter Especially mine, since I'm black and want to ATTEMPT the effort to reach 100.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Tom Perez should be 100% fired, as should Ron Desantis, he should resign 1000%. Neera tanden needs to go sit her ass in a corner somewhere her evil ass.
    'Willfully Choosing Not to Listen to Scientists': DNC Chair Tom Perez Under Fire for Urging States to Hold Primaries Despite Coronavirus Crisis
    "That Tom Perez is encouraging this, and threatening states who postpone in-person voting, is criminal."

"I think it's a false choice to suggest we either have to protect safety or protect and ensure our democracy," Perez said in an interview with NPR late Tuesday as voters in Arizona, Florida, and Illinois went to the polls despite widespread calls for a delay. Former Vice President Joe Biden swept all three states.

Somehow, "shooting more innocent civilians" seems to be a bad solution to innocent civilians being shot, and all of you who suggested is should delete those posts or get banned for 1883 days.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Maybe we should just forget the primaries and just draft Governor Cuomo.

Locally what has me worried is the panic buying of guns and ammunition. My red state of Indiana already does enough harm with straw purchases from NW Indiana ending up on the streets in Chicago. But due to the demand gun merchants here running out of stock and ordering more guns to sell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe we should just forget the primaries and just draft Governor Cuomo.

Locally what has me worried is the panic buying of guns and ammunition. My red state of Indiana already does enough harm with straw purchases from NW Indiana ending up on the streets in Chicago. But due to the demand gun merchants here running out of stock and ordering more guns to sell.
    Good luck with Cuomo. Sure fire way to lose the election.