Page 993 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 493893943983989990991992993994995996997100310431093 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,895 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Stacy Abrams would the Sarah Palin type of pick minus the attractive sex appeal. The pick would please a small faction of the left that is already going to vote for Biden while making the rest of the country roll their eyes. Its due to her inexperience and her coming off as entitled. If he wants to pick a black female candidate then Kamala Harris is the choice.
    Stacy is too close to Bloomberg now for me, and I don't like Kamala. He picks Turner (Which he's not) he gets my attention. He picks any actual Progressive, Male or female, I hate Virtue Signaling. Because If I don't vote for Biden, they'll say it's because he picked a woman lol. The left side of the party can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is she progressive enough for the left wing of the Party?
    She's probably about as progressive as you're going to get.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's probably about as progressive as you're going to get.
    Sadly unless it’s an overreach I feel that the gap is too big to find a progressive to pair with Biden. Warren is already on the outs with them and this would hurt her. Kamala and her flip flopping lost cried a long time ago.

Sadly like Taz said, unless it’s Nina Turner which would effectively be Biden saying “okay I’m going to put a progressive check against me in my admin” he’s better off playing for strategy

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The assertion was essentially "Belaboring The Chinese Government Being Terrible Serves No Purpose..."

Which is nonsensical.

Is it the single most effective method for addressing the issue?

Probably not.

Doesn't change that keeping it in the discussion serves "A" purpose.
    Belaboring the point on the news thread of comic community forum serves no purpose.
    Argument for the sake of argument serves no purpose either.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

My Senator everybody, pretty much okay with people dying.

"Death is an unavoidable part of life," says GOP Sen. Ron Johnson as he calls on reopening parts of the American economy to avoid throwing it into a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Now, how long before people who are on Twitter start bashing her as a snake. Not talking about Kight or Taz, I mean the ones that tend to be ala Trump fanatics. Like they see this as a team sport.

I worry for the younger members of Congress because the more time they spend there the more the reality of the situation sets in.
    AOC took hits for liking an SNL skit with Elizabeth Warren in it. The bashing has probably already started.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I’m sure others here have already said this, but with shitstains like Johnson around, Republicans have ZERO. FUCKING. BUSINESS calling themselves the Pro-Life party.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    AOC took hits for liking an SNL skit with Elizabeth Warren in it. The bashing has probably already started.
    Eventually "not that woman" applies to every woman. From Hillary Clinton to Elizabeth Warren to AOC.

The US has real problems with misogyny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Stacy is too close to Bloomberg now for me, and I don't like Kamala. He picks Turner (Which he's not) he gets my attention. He picks any actual Progressive, Male or female, I hate Virtue Signaling. Because If I don't vote for Biden, they'll say it's because he picked a woman lol. The left side of the party can't win.
    Imagine thinking Nina Turner is a viable vice-presidential candidate while bashing on a lady who's registered more voters than Kemp can purge for the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Who counts as a progressive in your eyes? Is there any Senator, Governor or former Obama cabinet official? What members of Congress count?

What has Nina Turner done that is so exceptional that Biden should select a former state senator who lost a race for minor statewide office by a two to one margin?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Eventually "not that woman" applies to every woman. From Hillary Clinton to Elizabeth Warren to AOC.

The US has real problems with misogyny.
    It’s not a woman thing. Hillary got 3 million more votes. If you spread out where those votes are, it’s a decisive win.

American’s are just less about policy and ideology than they are about a persona. You see it with every Presidential candidate. Trump has his cult. Warren’s biggest sin was being inconvenient to Sanders. People loved Bill Clinton so they gave him passes they wouldn’t give to his less charismatic wife. Even with Obama there is a segment of our party that can’t bring themselves to look at his admin objectively.

**** the whole Tea Party movement spawned out of the far rights love of Sarah Palin.

It’s just unless you are the charismatic lightning rod you don’t get the same loyalty

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Imagine thinking Nina Turner is a viable vice-presidential candidate while bashing on a lady who's registered more voters than Kemp can purge for the last year.
    She’s not for Biden. Which is why Taz said her. The point in selecting a progressive would be to make an olive branch so that the Sanders voters who are rebelling right now will come back in the fold. If that’s the road they are going to go down then the only one who really fits the bill is Turner because it’s spot where Biden is knowingly ceding some capital in his admin to Sanders ideology in a way that will be seen as an act of good faith by the people who probably were going to be a thorn in Biden’s side otherwise.

Taz is making the point that if your progressive olive branch is going to be someone like Abrams or Harris it’s not going to accomplish the entire point of a bringing a progressive on the ticket.

It’s kind of like this. Palin was inconvenient for McCain, but she brought a small town far right sensibility to his campaign. For voters who loved Obama, bringing in Biden at the time wasn’t anything exciting. He was an old guard white guy who was part of the status quo they were trying to move into a new future away from. But picking Biden wasn’t about appealing to those people. It was about pacifying older white voters that were nervous about a young black President promising changeand it was a “wink wink calm down the old white elder statesman who’s been around forever will be in the room too”.

It’s the balancing act thing. If that’s the angle you are going for, then it’s about making the VP someone who is a concession from your camp and a dog whistle to say “don’t worry, your voice will be in the room fighting too”. Turner fits that. AOC fits that.

And if you aren’t really going to commit to that, then it’s a waste of time and you should just go for straight political strategy and that’s where someone like Whitmer would be useful.

It’s just a matter of what your goal is with the pick. If you are looking for a progressive to unify the party, some people are going to be seen as a true act of good faith and some are just going to be viewed as set pieces.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I used to like stacy and now I don't is that okay? Or, can I not have an opinion om my preferred choice, regardless of how many people she got registered in GA. Nina and her movement have gotten more people to sign up to vote for the first time and to come back to your party, or is that not valid enough?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Harris has a whole list of serious negatives that never came up during the primary.

Abrams is absolutely the option less likely to potentially go off in your face like an Acme kit.
    Russian Agent Tulsi Gabbard made sure to litigate her “issues” during the primary by misrepresenting a record that showed an overall reduction in marijuana arrests (she, after all, can’t suddenly make a Schedule One drug legal, especially when the state had maintained its illegality). This idea that Harris is a horrible person and “out to get” people is exactly why people have come to bemoan purity tests.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Russian Agent Tulsi Gabbard made sure to litigate her “issues” during the primary by misrepresenting a record that showed an overall reduction in marijuana arrests (she, after all, can’t suddenly make a Schedule One drug legal, especially when the state had maintained its illegality). This idea that Harris is a horrible person and “out to get” people is exactly why people have come to bemoan purity tests.
    You're kidding around, right?