Page 651 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1515516016416476486496506516526536546556617017511151 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Except both some is such a big deal now people are getting suckered. What they need to do is be calm, cool and collected. State the facts, point out his failings but never in a mean spirited personal way like Trump does. Keep hammering his staff turnover, endless lies, corruption etc.
    I agree, we need to focus on Trump. We, as Americans love nothing more that a good brawl, however. Currently, it is Democrat against Democrat to see who will get the chance at the championship, however. Many credit Warren rising in the polls due to her roasting Bloomberg at the Las Vegas debate. This is hardly a signal for candidates to cease and desist! People want this, often even if they say that they don't. People are idiots! Calm, rational discussion does not win Elections.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You didn't answer my question. How far are you willing to go?
    ****, I'm OK with letting the whole experiment fail! This system doesn't work for most people. Many are just too stupid to admit it because their tribal mentality always informs them that everything is always the fault of the other side. Let conservatives live with the government that they want! I'm all for becoming part of Canada at this point! There are stupid people everywhere, but the U.S. is the prime dumbf#%k breeding ground.

jesusland.jpg
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

This does feel like 2016, only with Sanders playing the role of Trump.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

You didn't answer my question. How far are you willing to go?

The separation of powers is fundamental to American Democracy anyone should think long and hard before they tamper with that balance. Often times the road to Hell is paved with the best of intentions. Today you are getting rid of judges you feel are "problematic", maybe in a few years you are putting people in prison for joking about your leadership or their policies because Free Speech is also "problematic".
    Unfortunately, the other side doesn't seem to care so much about setting bad precedents because Trump is already demolishing any pretense of separation of powers yet nobody is lifting a finger to stop him. America is the way it is now because the elites no longer have any reason to fear the people, they know that we as a society are so devoted to constitutionality and process that we hardly know what to do when a group of miscreants rewrites all the laws to favor a privileged few and dares to call us the extremists for wanting to set things right again. The powers that be MUST be taught a lesson or they will continue to abuse us with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So that means he's gonna win, right? All the never Trumpers should be happy about that.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 02-24-2020 at 03:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Really Bernie should fake a state emergency in Vermont
    Ha! It's not a bad strategy, if he survives and we can call it anything better than a "bloodbath" or a "bludgeoning" it's a win for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's that old trolley problem once again, how many people will be harmed if we allow them to stay in office?
    By that notion your also allowing people to
    go "Hey if Bernie just has a heart attack...."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    By that notion your also allowing people to
    go "Hey if Bernie just has a heart attack...."
    Meh, they are basically already saying that.

I think slinging mud with Trump is doomed to fail as he loves getting down in the dirt and tagging his opponents with nicknames and negative catchphrases. Don't take the bait doing so is a loser's game. The best strategy is to remain calm, explain your policies, and only hit back when need be. Trump is akin to General Grievous from Star Wars - all attack but no defense, he's a buzzsaw. Grievous lost when Obi-wan stonewalled his attacks until there was an opening.
    The fact that he loves attacking people himself is a long way from proving he’s able to take stick himself. Personally I don’t think he can..I think he’d crack.

Of course, the main thrust (for the Democrat candidate) should always be to explain calmly how rational policies can benefit the country. But that doesn’t preclude taking the piss out of the Donald at the right time.

And certainly the Democrat candidate ought to express genuine outrage at some of the things the Donald has said and done (and things he will doubtless do in the campaign).

Surely the aim is to have a balanced campaign...that requires attacking the opponents weaknesses as well as explaining one strengths. I don’t see it as “negative” campaigning to draw attention to character and personality defects of some one standing for President.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If Sanders wins the utter meltdown on my FB would be glorious to see Trump supporters go into. All of them are gloating how Trump is destined to get 4 more years and how da libs can suck it . This dropping would be great.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Unfortunately, the other side doesn't seem to care so much about setting bad precedents because Trump is already demolishing any pretense of separation of powers yet nobody is lifting a finger to stop him. America is the way it is now because the elites no longer have any reason to fear the people, they know that we as a society are so devoted to constitutionality and process that we hardly know what to do when a group of miscreants rewrites all the laws to favor a privileged few and dares to call us the extremists for wanting to set things right again. The powers that be MUST be taught a lesson or they will continue to abuse us with impunity.
    The Democrats have done everything legally they can get their hands on, that the voters gave them, to fight Trump. What leftist politicians are doing what you're proposing?

The "elites"? Really? You do realise GOP propaganda uses that term, too? Replace "the swamp" with "the establishment" are you're getting awful close to the Trump supporters.

Burning it all down is considered extreme. Why wouldn't it be?

Who's going to be teaching anyone a lesson? I don't see anyone on the left doing what you want.

So that means he's gonna win, right? All the never Trumpers should be happy about that.
    Who knows.

Meh, they are basically already saying that.
    No, they didn't. Don't let facts get in the way of the narrative, of course.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing. We'll get 4 years of trump 4 years of Sanders. Then we'll return to some equilibrium.

It sure does. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    ****, I'm OK with letting the whole experiment fail! This system doesn't work for most people. Many are just too stupid to admit it because their tribal mentality always informs them that everything is always the fault of the other side. Let conservatives live with the government that they want! I'm all for becoming part of Canada at this point! There are stupid people everywhere, but the U.S. is the prime dumbf#%k breeding ground.

jesusland.jpg
    Being a dual citizen of Canada I can tell you the Candian System isn't perfect either. But don't take my word for it, ask our Native Peoples -

OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) arrest 10 demonstrators at Tyendinaga blockade site, charges pending

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tye...ades-1.5473490

Oh, and there is Alberta which is basically Canada's Texas (as the Prairie Provinces are Canada's "Deep South"/ "Corn Belt") -

Federal carbon pricing law unconstitutional, Alberta Court of Appeal rules

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ourt-1.5473482

Edit - If any of you want to have fun look up Jason Kenney Primer of Alberta or "Wexit Canada".
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-24-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Oh, and there is Alberta which is basically Canada's Texas (as the Prairie Provinces are Canada's "Deep South"/ "Corn Belt") -

Federal carbon pricing law unconstitutional, Alberta Court of Appeal rules

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ourt-1.5473482

Edit - If any of you want to have fun look up Jason Kenney Primer of Alberta or "Wexit Canada".
    Alberta is also where a group of anti-vax people hurt and killed a lot of children with measles.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium