Page 601 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915975985996006016026036046056116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    She is third in delegates after the first two contests and just wiped the floor with EVERYBODY at the debate. You may lie about her being fourth because that is what you do, but I am calling it now: She is our new front runner.
    You continue to show that you know very little about elections. Warren was so behind that she needed a big performance to make her competitive again. Yes she’s third in delegates. She has 8. The two people ahead of her have over 20 and the two people behind her have 7 and 6. Nationally she’s at 4th place and needs a 15 point swing to take the lead. She’s 5th in CA, 3rd in TX, 4th in NC, 5th in ME (a neighboring state), 6th in VA, 2nd in Utah, 3rd in CO, 5th Oklahoma. In immediate states she’s 3rd in Nevada and 5th I. South Carolina.

There’s exactly one state she is leading in and it’s MA, her home state. She would need one of the most historical swings ever to occur to be labeled a front runner.

You’re having a very emotional reaction

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

She is third in delegates after the first two contests and just wiped the floor with EVERYBODY at the debate. You may lie about her being fourth because that is what you do, but I am calling it now: She is our new front runner.
    I believe it's still going to be a battle between Bernie and Mike at the end of the day, but the post-debate polls might say something different.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Shitty argument? Of course. Effective? Very much so. Bernie has to form a better response to that attack.
    Here’s the response. “I’m in my 70’s and made two million dollars off a book deal in the last couple of years. Bloomberg has 62 billion which means I have 0.0003% of what he’s been worth for a much longer portion of his life. I can live off less than the 2 million. Why does he need that much when people are starving in the streets?”

Extraordinary Member

Can we talk about how Pete spent all debate shitting on Medicare For All then called Denmark the best place to live the American dream?

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

That’s exactly how I’d rank it. Bloomberg basically became nonviable. His money will keep him there but he’s been devastated. Warren clearly won and owner the night. Bernie won by proxy of being on the good side of Warren and not having to take attacks with Bloomberg as a target. Biden was positioned well just because of Bloomberg’s destruction. Then Pete and Amy needed momentum and accomplished very little.

But really the story going forward is how Bloomberg came out from behind the curtain and was massacred worse than Sonny Corleone

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don't know if she can catch up to Sanders and Biden and Mayor Pete, but this much is certain:

Elizabeth Warren’s evisceration of Mike Bloomberg should make Donald Trump nervous

Turns out Mike Bloomberg is exactly what Elizabeth Warren needed to break through in the 2020 Democratic primary. And he’s not just a foil for her on the campaign trail — this is something she believes in, and it shows.

Warren was quick to go after the billionaire at Wednesday’s Democratic debate in Nevada, noting his Trump-like history of calling women “fat broads” and “horse-faced lesbians.” And the Massachusetts Democrat did not relent. She went after his history on stop-and-frisk policing as New York City’s mayor. She called him out for refusing to release women who have worked for him and accused him and his company of harassment and discrimination from nondisclosure agreements. And broadly, it’s clear that whether or not it’s her who gets the Democratic nomination, she absolutely, positively does not want it to be Bloomberg.

“Look, I’ll support whoever the Democratic nominee is, but understand this,” Warren said on Wednesday. “Democrats take a huge risk if we just substitute one arrogant billionaire for another.”

Beyond the ins and outs of the jabs on the debate stage, Warren’s disdain for Bloomberg and others like him is very real. Warren, like Bernie Sanders, isn’t just a critic of the “billionaire class,” she is a critic of a very specific type of billionaire class: those who used the advantages of an overly complex system to get ahead while everyone else falls behind.
    As Warren’s poll numbers rose last summer and into the fall, so did the hysteria of rich guys worried about the prospect of her in the White House. Trump versus Warren would be the choice between “sickness and death,” one said. We don’t need someone who “vilifies successful people,” opined another. One hedge funder was brought to tears on national television over the idea of Warren winning.

As the Nevada debate showed, all these rich guys had reason to worry about Warren: She, um, really doesn’t like them. Case in point: her performance in the face of Bloomberg.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You continue to show that you know very little about elections. Warren was so behind that she needed a big performance to make her competitive again. Yes she’s third in delegates. She has 8. The two people ahead of her have over 20 and the two people behind her have 7 and 6. Nationally she’s at 4th place and needs a 15 point swing to take the lead.
    After California's Primary in a couple of weeks, it's not really going to matter **** who's in the lead right now! Sanders has had quite a comfortable lead in virtually every poll here for the last month. Warren's performance will likely give her a bump, but I'm not sure if she'll be able to close the gap.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

I'm wondering if we'll see Wall Street react to Elizabeth Warren being the new front runner. Keep your eyes on the DJI today.
    Elizabeth Warren Exists

Michael Harriot explaining why I caucused for her.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

CNN hired primary dropout Andrew Yang for his political expertise and analytical skill.

Ooops.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You continue to show that you know very little about elections. Warren was so behind that she needed a big performance to make her competitive again. Yes she’s third in delegates. She has 8. The two people ahead of her have over 20 and the two people behind her have 7 and 6. Nationally she’s at 4th place and needs a 15 point swing to take the lead. She’s 5th in CA, 3rd in TX, 4th in NC, 5th in ME (a neighboring state), 6th in VA, 2nd in Utah, 3rd in CO, 5th Oklahoma. In immediate states she’s 3rd in Nevada and 5th I. South Carolina.

There’s exactly one state she is leading in and it’s MA, her home state. She would need one of the most historical swings ever to occur to be labeled a front runner.

You’re having a very emotional reaction
    She doesn't even lead her own state according to this poll:

Political Polls
    @PpollingNumbers
    #Massachusetts,
    @efalchuk
    /
    @dinatale_lou
    Poll:
    Sanders 17%
    Warren 16%
    Klobuchar 14%
    Buttigieg/Biden/Bloomberg 13%
    Gabbard 3%
    Steyer 2%

BB

Astonishing Member

According to 538 Buttigieg is barely ahead of Bernie and unfortunately Warren has dropped to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    According to 538 Buttigieg is barely ahead of Bernie and unfortunately Warren has dropped to the bottom.
    It is very volatile and from polls before last night.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And to nobody's surprise (except a bunch of dudebros, I guess) Liz Warren just had the best fundraising day of her campaign so far.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I'm wondering if we'll see Wall Street react to Elizabeth Warren being the new front runner. Keep your eyes on the DJI today.
    The dow is currently down 370 points, looking like a steep slide.

Hillary was right!