Page 607 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1075075575976036046056066076086096106116176577071107 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Stop dismissing abuse, sexism and death threats as "annoying."

Everyone is allowed to vote for who they want to in the primaries, it's not voting for Sanders in the general that should concern you.
    DO you defend Nina Turner against the racist sexist attacks she and others have been subjected to?

Please tell me you're FAIR in your disgust of people being attacked online.
    If you aren't then you're being a hypocrite, and only defend the establishment. I posted a video of Nina Turner and Bernie being attacked by Warren/Clinton, and Boot Edge edge supporters, did you defend her or Sanders, or is the hypocrisy going only in one direction.

I'll take the label of Bros, because I want you to have No Co-pays also.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    We only talk about online harassment when Bernie supporters do it.

Superbat don't you know ONLY Bernie Supporters or people who "CLAIM" Bernie support are terrible online. No other campaign has shitty people, they would NEVER attack a person trying to give people free college and no medical bills.

They just don't DO things like this, they are #civility. Only Bernie Bros are the worst, no one else.

Anybody can claim anything, but the proof is always lacking on that side.

These are the same people who probably yelled at the Obama Boys when Obama ran for office remember?

Oh that's right PUMA was never a thing because Clinton Believed in party unity, and she never attacked the first bi-racial candidate for POTUS, or call his supporters Obama Boys and had the media question his sexism on a daily basis.

Sheesh there's no winning with them.
    That's why I stopped. They have a circling firing squad where they lie to each other and fall for MSM talking points.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...gration-needed

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/20/p...ine/index.html

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-2-1028924786

WH chief of staff Mulvaney's days are outnumbered. When is Mulvaney going to depart from the White House?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...gration-needed

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/20/p...ine/index.html

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-2-1028924786

WH chief of staff Mulvaney's days are outnumbered. When is Mulvaney going to depart from the White House?

Literally everyone that works for Trump's days are numbered. He's the worst boss ever. He is literally more a Mafia Boss, trying to be a fascist dictator.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    DO you defend Nina Turner against the racist sexist attacks she and others have been subjected to?

Please tell me you're FAIR in your disgust of people being attacked online.
    If you aren't then you're being a hypocrite, and only defend the establishment. I posted a video of Nina Turner and Bernie being attacked by Warren/Clinton, and Boot Edge edge supporters, did you defend her or Sanders, or is the hypocrisy going only in one direction.
    Of course, nobody deserves that abuse. Strangely, when it comes from Sanders supporters you do the exact opposite.

I am, you ignore it and dismiss attacks on women and minorities. I agreed with you on the videos you showed, you continue to act like I didn't.

The only hypocrisy I'm seeing is what you're posting.

I'll take the label of Bros, because I want you to have No Co-pays also.
    I've shown evidence of death threats, hit lists and harassment by Bernie Bros against Black women and you still cling to the Bros? What would they have to do for you not to defend them? You're not defending CoPays in this post, you're defending harassment against women and minorities simply because they don't like Sanders.

BANNED

Bloomberg sexually harassed women. Bernie didn't.

Stop acting like it's the same thing.
    We should also probably not act like someone claiming their account was hacked is the same as being assaulted or harassed.

Handling the Bernie Bros thing doesn't have to be hard, but step one is dropping the denials or the "whatabouts". It need not color everything about Bernie, but you do nothing but fan the flames with your particular tact on the issue.

Bernie should drop his stupid "Wild West" crap and just stick to the other half of what he says: I disown them, I don't condone anyone who makes those sort of vile attacks or threats, but they don't represent me or the millions of people who support me. They should stop what they're doing and support my campaign in a constructive manner.

That's honest, not dismissive, and mostly disarming. Basically the opposite of the tact you've chosen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Of course, nobody deserves that abuse. Strangely, when it comes from Sanders supporters you do the exact opposite.

I am, you ignore it and dismiss attacks on women and minorities. I agreed with you on the videos you showed, you continue to act like I didn't.

The only hypocrisy I'm seeing is what you're posting.

I've shown evidence of death threats, hit lists and harassment by Bernie Bros against Black women and you still cling to the Bros? What would they have to do for you not to defend them? You're not defending CoPays in this post, you're defending harassment against women and minorities simply because they don't like Sanders.
    Listen at the end of the day women and minority voters are going to have to decide whether they find that coalition toxic for them and the reality is right now we see no evidence of that. We see that older people who are generally more conservative are the ones staying away. While the people more likely to be in the internet arena who should be most vulnerable to him are supporting him. Nobody defends bad behavior, but nobody here actually wants to quantify it in terms of how prevalent it is compared to anyone else. If you want to talk about actual campaign officials Nina Turner there's always a Neera Tanden or Amy Siskind who goes out of their way to say unsubstantiated things and attacks progressives.

But at this point it's really just some people in the minority who have given up on attacking the actual canididate and are looking to go after a group of supporters as being problematic.... when the people who they are supposed to be problematic to aren't being dissuaded by that argument. So at some point you have to say young women and minorities have the autonomy to look at the situation and decide what they want about it.

Quite frankly I see alot of white men or older privilidged white women going around trying to say they know better.

Like I'm sorry but for over a year I heard about how bad he was for blacks. Except for the abundance of black people that support him. I heard about how he's toxic for women, yet his coalition is filled with women. These aren't stupid people. They are adults who actually spent most of their lives dealing with the internet and trolls on the internet. They have the information and are making their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    We should also probably not act like someone claiming their account was hacked is the same as being assaulted or harassed.
    Pete supporters were trying to hack her account because she said something about him.

That is harassment.

Talk about being dismissive.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Attacks like this are common but they don't get the same attention as what some Bernie supporters do.

The anti-Bernie crowd that pretends to care about minorities.

Last edited by Superbat; 02-20-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Listen at the end of the day women and minority voters are going to have to decide whether they find that coalition toxic for them and the reality is right now we see no evidence of that. We see that older people who are generally more conservative are the ones staying away. While the people more likely to be in the internet arena who should be most vulnerable to him are supporting him. Nobody defends bad behavior, but nobody here actually wants to quantify it in terms of how prevalent it is compared to anyone else.
    More than one person has defended them, and dismissed the Bernie Bros - when we have concrete links about harassment like death threats and hit lists. It gets brushed away like nothing.

Why are you judging this as though all Sanders voters are alright with harassment simply by liking him polls and voting? Something doesn't stop being toxic just because people like a movement. Its like saying Trumpism can't be racist or sexist because Trump got millions of votes in'16. It's baffling.

If you want to talk about actual campaign officials Nina Turner there's always a Neera Tanden or Amy Siskind who goes out of their way to say unsubstantiated things and attacks progressives.
    Get rid of them all, why would you want toxic people in your candidates campaign?

But at this point it's really just some people in the minority who have given up on attacking the actual canididate and are looking to go after a group of supporters as being problematic.... when the people who they are supposed to be problematic to aren't being dissuaded by that argument. So at some point you have to say young women and minorities have the autonomy to look at the situation and decide what they want about it.
    Dismissing harassment. That they are a minority proves nothing, condemn them don't normalise them. It's very strange that your argument is that everything ok because you think minorities and women who support Sanders are behind or unconcerned about harassment against their very own communities.

Quite frankly I see alot of white men or older privilidged white women going around trying to say they know better.
    If you think it's just white people you haven't been paying attention. I linked to a Black women reporter being attacked, her account is getting ignored and she's not the only one.

Harassment is a Black and white topic, either you're for it or against. Many Bernie supporters have chosen the former with their posts in this thread.

Please, link me to these white people. I want context outside of the argument they should dismissed because they're white people.

Like I'm sorry but for over a year I heard about how bad he was for blacks. Except for the abundance of black people that support him. I heard about how he's toxic for women, yet his coalition is filled with women. These aren't stupid people. They are adults who actually spent most of their lives dealing with the internet and trolls on the internet. They have the information and are making their choice.
    That is moving the goal posts. That Sanders has supporters among those communities shouldn't be a shield for his own supporters attacking those very same communities. Harassment is never ok.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-20-2020 at 08:54 PM.

BANNED

Pete supporters were trying to hack her account because she said something about him.

That is harassment.

Talk about being dismissive.
    It is not assault or sexual harassment as you tried to compare it. And that's taking her at her word that she tried to accuse Buttigieg of being a soldier for selfish reasons and someone hacked her and she assumes it was a Pete supporter. That's a far cry from what equivocating it with some of the really vile stuff that noted centrist Samantha Bee went into details about.

Your tact on this sucks and does your candidate, and yourself, no favors with credibility.

It is not assault or sexual harassment as you tried to compare it.
    I didn't compare it. Go look at the post again, I called it online harassment.

I posted it as an example of people that aren't Bernie supporters harassing someone.

Your tact on this sucks and does your candidate, and yourself, no favors with credibility.
    Your tactic is to make stuff up.

Show me on the post where I compared it assault or sexual harassment.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ryan Knight was a longtime Warren supporter that switched over to Bernie last week because he doesn't think Liz can win anymore.

He was one of the most well known Warren supporters online and after he endorsed Bernie, the harassment started.

I'm sure the people saying they care about harassment were going to talk about this any day now.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

BANNED

I didn't compare it. Go look at the post again, I called it online harassment.

I posted it as an example of people that aren't Bernie supporters harassing someone.

Your tactic is to make stuff up.

Show me on the post where I compared it assault or sexual harassment.
    This is you equivocating "harassment" and sexual harassment:

Not believing a woman about harassment.

That explains why you would root for a serial sexual harasser over Bernie.

The accusation leveled against a minority of Bernie supporters is vile sexism, sexual harassment, threats of violence, etc. You countering that with some persons flimsy case of harassment is, in and of itself, a silly equivocation. It's "whataboutism" of the most dismissive kind. Plus it's terribly harmful to your candidate and your own credibility.

This is you equivocating "harassment" and sexual harassment:

Not believing a woman about harassment.

That explains why you would root for a serial sexual harasser over Bernie.

The accusation leveled against a minority of Bernie supporters is vile sexism, sexual harassment, threats of violence, etc. You countering that with some persons flimsy case of harassment is, in and of itself, a silly equivocation. It's "whataboutism" of the most dismissive kind. Plus it's terribly harmful to your candidate and your own credibility.
    I'm not equating it.

It means that it makes sense that someone who doesn't care when a woman says she's been harassed would support someone that has been accused of sexual harassing women. Because they both show a lack of concern for women.

They aren't the same thing and I never said they were the same thing. I was responding to a specific response to targeted harassment.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us