Page 383 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483883 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Progressives, chief among them Bernie Bro-types, woke culture, cancel culture, etc folks, somehow think that making enemies out of everyone will somehow win power is a mentality I will never understand. Republicans thrive on the discord created by purity tests and rigidity-driven in-fighting among the left. And the left never seems to learn from it. How hard is it to say "Those guys (Republicans) suck so hard we're going to calm the eff down a bit and make sure they lose"?
    Tbf Woke culture is fine, just mostly exaggerated by the right wing news outlets or people too hopped up on trying to help. Cancel Culture is a myth though, if it actually existed people like Chapelle wouldn't be working anymore.

The left is a hodge podge because their effectively arguing over how to help the world. Republicans are in lockstep because all they want is money and power which is much simpler.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Somehow this place gets worse every time I see it. I come for news, I get dem slap fights.
    It’s the same argument everyday. Too many people who claim they don’t want to relitigate can’t control themselves and get off on trying to get away with snide remarks. Tbh there hasn’t been any real news here in awhile

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Tbf Woke culture is fine, just mostly exaggerated by the right wing news outlets or people too hopped up on trying to help. Cancel Culture is a myth though, if it actually existed people like Chapelle wouldn't be working anymore.

The left is a hodge podge because their effectively arguing over how to help the world. Republicans are in lockstep because all they want is money and power which is much simpler.
    As someone who works with a lot of young Americans, I can assure you, it is alive and well. More than it deserves to be.

I believe part of what keeps the Republican brand together (including many people who vote against their self-interest and have no money or power) is disdain for some of the left. I don't totally blame them. Hell, to tie it back to Rogan, I believe a great deal of his audience are people that agree economically with the left but ferociously reject many of the other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s the same argument everyday. Too many people who claim they don’t want to relitigate can’t control themselves and get off on trying to get away with snide remarks. Tbh there hasn’t been any real news here in awhile
    Well we keep trying but weirdly we're stuck in some kind of Time Loop based on 2016 and Bernie Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    As someone who works with a lot of young Americans, I can assure you, it is alive and well. More than it deserves to be.

I believe part of what keeps the Republican brand together (including many people who vote against their self-interest and have no money or power) is disdain for some of the left. I don't totally blame them. Hell, to tie it back to Rogan, I believe a great deal of his audience are people that agree economically with the left but ferociously reject many of the other platforms.
    I do, if your stupid enough to hurt yourself because you have disdain for others attempting to help then your in a very viscous loop of spiteful misery.

Ultimate Member

Somehow this place gets worse every time I see it. I come for news, I get dem slap fights.
    This isn't a slap fight -- these are honest questions about Sanders policies and regarding whether moderates or progressives do better in presidential elections. As someone whose main goal is to see Trump removed from office, these are relevant questions that deserve answers.

It only becomes a slap fight when people refuse to address those same questions that will be asked in the general election, and instead start attacking others, claiming asking important questions is "smearing" or "hating" on candidates.

I'm not calling Sanders "creepy" or "old" or "senile"-- I'm asking how he will pay for his programs and how he will get them through Congress, as well as how many progressives have won presidential campaigns in comparison to moderates.

Those are very simple questions that require no fighting at all -- just data.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-28-2020 at 03:27 PM.

BANNED

I do, if your stupid enough to hurt yourself because you have disdain for others attempting to help then your in a very viscous loop of spiteful misery.
    I don't feel pity for them, but I understand the disdain. Some platforms/arguments from the left are really abrasive in not only content, but they way they're argued. It's hard to win hearts and minds when you are purposely abrasive.

Impeachment Trial.....will it....

1. Have no witnesses, no documents, and end in acquittal?
    2. Have witnesses and/or documents and still end in acquittal?
    3. Have witnesses and documents and end in conviction?

Predictions, anyone?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Predictions, anyone?
    Bolton is such a wild card. That dude is a whack job.

I'll predict 2. Republicans have no soul.

Ultimate Member

If the Republican party as a whole has any sense of decency left and can admit that Trump is unfit to be president -- three.

If a minority of them have an iota of integrity and respect for democracy -- or want to cover their behinds for the upcoming elections -- two.

If the Republicans behave as they normally do -- one.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-28-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    You trump supporters need to let Hillary go from your hearts.
    But I'm not a Trump supporter. As I've stated (look at my post history) multiple times I voted Gary Johnson in 2016. I will either vote Biden (the most moderate, and thus not wingnut like Warren or Sanders, candidate amongst the dems) or the libertarian candidate this coming election.

My point as always is that those with Trump derangement syndrome cry and moan about the Orange One as if rapist supporting Hilary Clinton was somehow a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Predictions, anyone?
    Before the whole thing started, I would have assumed 1. But the trial has gone on long enough now to become a national embarrassment, so 2 is seeming more likely.
    Wait, how long has the trial been going on? A week? A month? Time is dilating again, I need to lie down.

It's gonna be real nasty for at least the next 5 years.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Well we keep trying but weirdly we're stuck in some kind of Time Loop based on 2016 and Bernie Sanders.
    Yeah, I peek in here and then leave when I see pages of that stuff.

In the meantime has anyone mentioned how the Trump family coffers were enriched with a million dollar tab from his Inaugural Committee and other companies at the Trump International Hotel? The District of Columbia's AG is suing because the committee was set up as a non-profit and they booked Trump International over less expensive venues.

"District law requires nonprofits to use their funds for their stated public purpose, not to benefit private individuals or companies," Racine said in a statement. "In this case, we are seeking to recover the nonprofit funds that were improperly funneled directly to the Trump family business."

Let's see if Teflon Don wiggles out of this one too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To put it simply...

Someone brought up something supposedly "Horrible..." that Sanders had said about the nineties crime bill that was anything but. Contrast that with what Biden said in that speech. The only saving grace in that nonsense that came out of Biden's mouth was that he happened to admit that society had culpability in it.

Otherwise, it could be something Tucker Carlson said last week.

"Nineties" versus "Nineties"? It ain't even a contest. Biden's speech is a near complete train wreck.
    You've been completely ignoring what I've been saying about Sanders campaign and Rogan in our discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores
    "It doesn't look like anything to me."
    Is a cop-out, and shows you don't have any substance in what you're saying.