Page 602 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1025025525925985996006016026036046056066126527021102 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    According to 538 Buttigieg is barely ahead of Bernie and unfortunately Warren has dropped to the bottom.
    "No one" is ahead of Bernie.
    BB

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The Roger Stone sentencing is today, and it looks like the judge will throw the book at Roger, and for good reason.

And Trump, of course, will pardon the crook immediately.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The Roger Stone sentencing is today, and it looks like the judge will throw the book at Roger, and for good reason.

And Trump, of course, will pardon the crook immediately.
    I expect less than recommended sentence but more than his supporters want. This will be an attempt to prevent a pardon or commutation. It will fail.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Arya is still in this race

Hillary was right!

I think he meant it as sort of a joke as according to the chart in the link "No one" is beating Sanders by 3%
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I expect less than recommended sentence but more than his supporters want. This will be an attempt to prevent a pardon or commutation. It will fail.
    She keeps going on and on on why he deserves a harsh sentence. On and on.

So even if Roger does get pardoned, he is going through a few hours of torture today.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You were right.

40 months.

Hillary was right!

You were right.

40 months.
    Stone won't have to report to prison until the Judge makes a determination on a motion for a new trial the defense filed.

Again, I wonder if the Judge will drag this out for as long as possible, hoping that a second trial wouldn't wrap up until after the election so that Trump can't pardon him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You were right.

40 months.
    Black men busted for possessing small amounts of drugs get longer sentences than that. And they don't have the President eager to pardon or commute their sentences. If Stone is still in the big house by the time summer rolls around, I'll be shocked, no way will Trump let his buddy rot for longer than a few months.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Honestly, if Bernie's candidacy has moved the Overton window enough that milquetoast centrists are now stanning Warren over the likes of Bloomberg or Buttigieg, then that's good enough for me. Let's just hope that she doesn't start walking back her positions to try and pander to them, she was already hurt badly when she backtracked on Medicare for All, so hopefully she has learned her lesson and will stand firm from now on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Honestly, if Bernie's candidacy has moved the Overton window enough that milquetoast centrists are now stanning Warren over the likes of Bloomberg or Buttigieg, then that's good enough for me. Let's just hope that she doesn't start walking back her positions to try and pander to them, she was already hurt badly when she backtracked on Medicare for All, so hopefully she has learned her lesson and will stand firm from now on.
    Her opening her mind to a working way to get from Obamacare to Universal coverage actually made her look good last night. Its the reasonable approach that can get her the votes and actually have a chance at passing in a narrowly democratic senate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Here’s the response. “I’m in my 70’s and made two million dollars off a book deal in the last couple of years. Bloomberg has 62 billion which means I have 0.0003% of what he’s been worth for a much longer portion of his life. I can live off less than the 2 million. Why does he need that much when people are starving in the streets?”
    That is much better than what he said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Her opening her mind to a working way to get from Obamacare to Universal coverage actually made her look good last night. Its the reasonable approach that can get her the votes and actually have a chance at passing in a narrowly democratic senate
    You can't broadcast at this stage that you're willing to give ground though, Cocaine Mitch will smell blood and stonewall the **** out of her and force her into a bad compromise. There's no point in pretending she's a staunch Medicare for All advocate now, but she cannot yield another inch from her position now.