Page 1003 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 350390395399399910001001100210031004100510061007101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 17573

Well, the DJI is down over 1000 points again. That "stimulus" package produced one lame dead cat bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    They literally admitted today that they never counted people who tested positive but had no symptoms.

Its sad.

By Chinese standards they were amazingly open about what was happening. Everybody all round the world knew they closed down an entire province, refused to let people travel out of Hubei, even if visiting there for the Chinese New Year. Similarly they they made no secret that many thousands were effected, that it was very contagious and that many people were dying.

Similarly the Chinese shared relevant scientific data early on.

Of course..the Chinese government have some responsibility (around the control of the animal markets which bred this disease)...but self evidently Western governments were given the info which should have allowed more decisive action quicker

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Well, the DJI is down over 1000 points again. That "stimulus" package produced one lame dead cat bounce.
    Honestly if anybody has expendable money they should buy right now. I’ve been on the phone with my broker all day. Look at cruise lines. They are at 30 year lows

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly if anybody has expendable money they should buy right now. I’ve been on the phone with my broker all day. Look at cruise lines. They are at 30 year lows
    Yes and no, I am waiting for the market to tire out a little. These 1000 point plus days tells me there is still downside. But maybe putting a toe in would make sense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes and no, I am waiting for the market to tire out a little. These 1000 point plus days tells me there is still downside. But maybe putting a toe in would make sense.
    I think that it will bottom out some more, probably around the time cases peak and there is a feeling of “this is never gonna end”. We all know it will, but the financial markets are notorious for overreacting.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think that it will bottom out some more, probably around the time cases peak and there is a feeling of “this is never gonna end”. We all know it will, but the financial markets are notorious for overreacting.
    30% unemployment will do that. Because no matter how much the GOP wants to just reward the "job creators" it is the workers who keep the economy going.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Bad news for Biden and the elites trying to force him on us.

Also Tara Reade should have her allegations investigated. But they won't because Russia something and TIming something, but #believewomen something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, someone should ask them if they're enthusiastic about the prospect of Trump continuing to **** things up for another four years should he win in November. The world is seeing that first hand right now with his horribly hamfisted response to the COVID-19 crisis. This isn't a goddamn reality show contest, this is literally the fate of the country, and democracy itself at risk, people need to wake up and see the big picture, that being the terrible damage Trump could cause if he wins a second term.
    Then give people something to vote for outside of Trump bad sad...
    Voting for no change is not going to get people out to the polls no matter how much you guys think just saying Trump is a monster is going to help. It didn't last time.

Vote shaming and warning people and trying to put fear into them doesn't work. You can only be scared so much before it becomes the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    'Enthusiasm' is overrated anyway.
    Then give them something to vote for, not against.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    30% unemployment will do that. Because no matter how much the GOP wants to just reward the "job creators" it is the workers who keep the economy going.
    It'd be nice if Pelosi thought the same way. Because her SALT tax cuts I posted about earlier seemingly got ignored. Because they help companies more favorable to blue states while not helping us at all.
    It would be nice if Democrats and Republicans just came out and said they dislike their voters.

BANNED

He was right...again. But hey let's "Unite" behind the guy whose only job is to lose to ( I mean win ) to Trump, and if he does win, change nothing except cultural things.

15 years ago here’s
    @BernieSanders
    expressing concern the US wasn’t ready for a global pandemic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Then give people something to vote for outside of Trump bad sad...
    Voting for no change is not going to get people out to the polls no matter how much you guys think just saying Trump is a monster is going to help. It didn't last time.

Vote shaming and warning people and trying to put fear into them doesn't work. You can only be scared so much before it becomes the norm.

Then give them something to vote for, not against.
    That was Sanders responsibility to convince voters to do that; he failed. Your problem is with him, not us.

Vote shaming only works on people who think Democrats are superior to Republicans, and you've shown you don't think that's true. You're not scared, this is what you want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That was Sanders responsibility to convince voters to do that; he failed. Your problem is with him, not us.

Vote shaming only works on people who think Democrats are superior to Republicans, and you've shown you don't think that's true. You're not scared, this is what you want.
    Sanders didn't fail. stop being disingenuous., When you fight power, power protects power to put in place things to keep protecting power.
    If Sanders failed so hard as you say, why are HIS ideas the most popular, with people even attributing them to Biden.

When you have to fight the Media, Centrists, the Establishment, big business, voter apathy (Since they think nothing will change), etc.
    Then you get shitty candidates who literally say to those same powers, Vote for me, nothing will fundamentally change. To all those people that means things go back to "normal"
    because the American voter has Stockholm Syndrome. They don't expect anything, just more of the same, so why take a risk and vote for actual change? I can vote out Trump
    and things will go back to normal, its' what they're used to.

Go read history duke. Change both takes time and happens all at once. I don't have an issue with either. I lie, I wished Sanders had campaigned harder against his "friends" who kept stabbing him in the back,
    and he keeps playing nice with them.

Tell me Steel, what can voters expect once Democrats take power, if they do. What are they going to do to help people?
    We've had the house since 2018, and what have they actually done to help us? Had this virus not come alongg, we wouldn't have even gotten these crumsb.

What do the American people have to look forward to?

Normalcy? Lol.

BANNED

Biden Bros being Biden bros.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Sanders didn't fail. stop being disingenuous., When you fight power, power protects power to put in place things to keep protecting power.
    If Sanders failed so hard as you say, why are HIS ideas the most popular, with people even attributing them to Biden.
    Sanders lost, he's not coming back. There will be no victory at the last second. Stop quoting what other people say and form your own opinions. Siders ideas are popular but they're not running for president - he is. He's the one who isn't popular.

When you have to fight the Media, Centrists, the Establishment, big business, voter apathy (Since they think nothing will change), etc.
    Then you get shitty candidates who literally say to those same powers, Vote for me, nothing will fundamentally change. To all those people that means things go back to "normal"
    because the American voter has Stockholm Syndrome. They don't expect anything, just more of the same, so why take a risk and vote for actual change?
    Every candidate has to fight to become president, it's why team work is important to take the strain off and make governing possible once they win. Good politicians make allies, instead Sanders wants to make enemies of everyone and shockingly it ends up with him having a hard road to travel at getting anything done. Voting for Sanders isn't "actual change." He'll be curtailed by the GOP like very other Democratic president and if he somehow tries to do a Trump the Democrats would throw him out.

I can vote out Trump
    Minimising how dangerous Trump is in an election. Hillary thought that, too.

and things will go back to normal, its' what they're used to.
    Things go back to normal because that's what the voters want.

Go read history duke. Change both takes time and happens all at once. I don't have an issue with either. I lie, I wished Sanders had campaigned harder against his "friends" who kept stabbing him in the back,
    and he keeps playing nice with them.
    Sanders counts on the latter, and he hasn't got the capable to get that done in office. It's why he's on the sidelines in politics rather than at its centre. It's a self imposed exile. Sanders would have implode harder than he did if he followed your advice.

Tell me Steel, what can voters expect once Democrats take power, if they do. What are they going to do to help people?
    We've had the house since 2018, and what have they actually done to help us? Had this virus not come alongg, we wouldn't have even gotten these crumsb.
    Curious. Your argument hinges on tearing the party down rather than Sanders shifting them up. They've done as much as they're able since they have the House, the Republicans have the rest.

What do the American people have to look forward to?

Normalcy? Lol.
    That's a stronger message than what Sanders is saying.