Page 1008 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 8508908958998100410051006100710081009101010111012101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 15,106 to 15,120 of 17573

Biden has not said nothing will change. True he hasn't endorsed MrA, but he wants healthcare for everyone. Including the Public Option.

https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...ues/joe-biden/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden has not said nothing will change. True he hasn't endorsed MrA, but he wants healthcare for everyone. Including the Public Option.

I think that it is a little asinine to state Biden wants to change nothing. It is clear he wants to change a lot—just by taking a more incremental approach than Sanders would like. But I don’t think that Sanders would be any better in practice than Biden. The most moderates can give Sanders is incrementalism, because Republicans have such a warped perception of the plans that an inch looks like a mile to them and they don’t do any good to Democrats or the country after having been kicked out of office.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think that it is a little asinine to state Biden wants to change nothing. It is clear he wants to change a lot—just by taking a more incremental approach than Sanders would like. But I don’t think that Sanders would be any better in practice than Biden. The most moderates can give Sanders is incrementalism, because Republicans have such a warped perception of the plans that an inch looks like a mile to them and they don’t do any good to Democrats or the country after having been kicked out of office.
    And as long as we have a GOP Supreme Court to cut into things like Obamacare and Voting Rights, change will not be overnight.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

He was in a room full of billionaire donors assuring them “nothing will fundamentally change”

BANNED

The public option isn't going to work though, because the only people who will take it will be those who can't get private insurance, which means that it'll be full of the sickest patients and either have to charge absurd premiums or be a huge money pit, not to mention that it doesn't address administrative overhead or increase bargaining power to lower the price of drugs and treatments. It is simply much easier to have everyone on the same plan.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The public option isn't going to work though, because the only people who will take it will be those who can't get private insurance, which means that it'll be full of the sickest patients and either have to charge absurd premiums or be a huge money pit, not to mention that it doesn't address administrative overhead or increase bargaining power to lower the price of drugs and treatments. It is simply much easier to have everyone on the same plan.
    Biden would establish an independent board within HHS to set prices based on those paid overseas. The prices set by that board would be required for Medicare and Biden’s proposed public option plan, and they would be available to Obamacare plans.
    The Public Option would allow people to buy into Medicare. Which has lower costs and overhead than private insurance.

Obamacare originally required everyone to have health insurance. The Public Option would make that Medicare for many. The SCOTUS and Trump have done their best to put the kobash on that. But you don't have to sell me on National Healthcare, I am for it. What you have to explain to me is why help Trump by attacking the certain Democratic nominee? Biden is who we have, and we can help him defeat Trump, or stick to our purity and help Trump.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-02-2020 at 10:47 AM.

BANNED

The Public Option would allow people to buy into Medicare. Which has lower costs and overhead than private insurance.

Obamacare originally required everyone to have health insurance. The Public Option would make that Medicare for many. The SCOTUS and Trump have done their best to put the kobash on that. But you don't have to sell me on National Healthcare, I am for it. What you have to explain to me is why help Trump by attacking the certain Democratic nominee? Biden is who we have, and we can help him defeat Trump, or stick to our purity and help Trump.
    Medicare only works because everyone is automatically enrolled in it. If the richest and healthiest seniors could withhold their contributions in favor of paying for their own care, there would be no way that the rest could afford treatments, a public option will have the exact same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Medicare only works because everyone is automatically enrolled in it. If the richest and healthiest seniors could withhold their contributions in favor of paying for their own care, there would be no way that the rest could afford treatments, a public option will have the exact same issue.
    The Public Option would have many who are in the Gig Economy and self employed. They are no sicker than people who are employed in other businesses. As I said, Obamacare meant everyone had to have insurance. That is why it would work. Expanding Medicare by lowering the age would also be good.
    Of course you have to explain how Medicare For All gets passed.
    And again, I am FOR Universal Healthcare. But I am also for the country not being destroyed. And Trump MUST be defeated. You are fighting a battle that is lost. Bernie will not be the nominee, Biden will. What are you going to do?

Two Jared Kushner quotes that should make you fear for your life: “I know how to make this government run now” and “I’ve gotten a lot smarter about this. New York doesn’t need all the ventilators.” https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...avirus-miracle
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Two Jared Kushner quotes that should make you fear for your life: “I know how to make this government run now” and “I’ve gotten a lot smarter about this. New York doesn’t need all the ventilators.” https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...avirus-miracle

Twitter Link
    If Trump or his family can't make money off it then everyone is on their own. Typical Republican, different day.

A very important video I feel I should share in this thread -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

N.J. Prosecutor to Police: Stop Asking COVID-19 Patients to Post Signs on Their Homes

A New Jersey prosecutor has ordered police departments in Bergen County to stop “endangering” residents by requiring those infected with the coronavirus to identify themselves as such or post quarantine notices on their homes. “Such requirements are totally inappropriate and therefore banned,” said Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella. The order, which was issued on Saturday, came directly after several police chiefs “advised their residents (with COVID-19) to self-identify when seeking police assistance and/or to post notices on their residences.” Musella wrote: “Asking COVID-19 positive/quarantined individuals to self-identify that status when they seek police assistance may discourage those (with coronavirus) from seeking police assistance when they need it, thus endangering them, their families and the general public.” Bergen County has reported at least 3,494 residents who have tested positive for the virus, as well as 75 deaths.

Ammon Bundy, who led Malheur occupation, pledges to defend Idahoans’ rights under stay-home order

EMMETT, Idaho — Ammon Bundy hosted a March 26 meeting where he called on attendees to pledge to defend Idahoans who are pressured to comply with a stay-home order enacted by Gov. Brad Little.

Reached by phone Friday, Bundy said the gathering was about discussing the state’s self-isolation order.

“We discussed with each other whether our rights can be taken by an order from a governor or an agency, and if they can be, what good are our rights?” Bundy said.
    Little on March 25 issued a statewide stay-home order for all Idahoans for 21 days. The order requires all residents “to self-isolate at home if you can, not just if you are sick,” according to the governor’s office.

Bundy said self-isolation during the spread of the new coronavirus is “not a bad thing.”

“I’m not sure it’s warranted completely to even ask that, but that’s not the argument here,” he said. “If it was a guideline, I would applaud it. It’s not, it’s an order.”

A 19-minute video of the two-hour March 26 meeting, recorded live and posted on a public Facebook account, shows Bundy pledging to help provide legal, political and physical defense to people who are pressured by the “authorities” or anybody else to comply with the order.
    Strange times, strange people

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I’ll ask you Taz, do you think that Sanders would’ve yielded something so much better than Obama’s last two years in office?

Sanders needs Congress. If he can’t lead moderates, which he has shown no interest in doing (only beating them), how does he pass anything serious? I’m legitimately asking.
    Sanders is called the amendment king for a reason. Because he's gotten more done by adding in more amendments to shitty bills that actually help people. Both sides acknowledge this.

Sanders got the extra 600 and the Republicans to vote for the coronavirus bill last week. Last time I checked, and I posted the link, that means he got something done right?

BANNED

Jay Carney Obama Official Fires an Amazon worker who protested unsafe worker conditions. This doesn't look good on people like him. Then he doubled down so much, DeBlasio had to get involved.

'How Does It Feel to Sell Your Soul to the World's Richest Man?': Obama Aide Turned Amazon Exec Ripped Over Fired Workplace Organizer
    "Your boss is the richest person on Earth, and he just became $3.4 billion richer last month dumping stock in anticipation of this pandemic. How much does he pay you to pretend he can't afford to give his workers PPE and a sane paid sick leave policy?"

Workers In 14 Amazon Warehouses Test Positive For Coronavirus

Amazon’s PR chief gets combative on Twitter over media criticism
    Jay Carney takes to social media to lash out at reporters

This doesn't look good on Obama or the people that served under him. Jay Carney I used to think was a decent guy until a few years ago. But so many that served in that admin are turning out to be really shitty people.

Amazon PR chief Jay Carney spent his Monday evening engaging in series of escalating and increasingly combative arguments with members of the news media on Twitter. It marks a rare case of one of the e-commerce giant’s more notable representatives taking a less measured approach to public relations. As of this article’s publication, Carney’s tweets are still live.

Carney, a former White House press secretary under President Barack Obama, specifically took issue with framings of his op-ed in The New York Times this morning, titled “Why Bernie Sanders Praised Amazon.” Some reporters, most prominently members of BuzzFeed News, found the op-ed opportunistic and too conveniently timed to a recent letter from the Vermont senator and Democratic presidential candidate that condemned Amazon for its abysmal worker safety record.