Page 1033 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 335339339831023102910301031103210331034103510361037104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,495 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised.
    I don’t think this is entirely unexpected. For one thing, it doesn’t do your movement a whole lot of good if it looks weaker than 2016–which it has. This and Sanders genuinely likes Biden. Biden was one of the few, by all accounts, who treated Sanders properly before Sanders had elevated himself to the national stage. While others were dismissive, Biden was legitimately pleasant. So I think it makes it harder for Sanders on both counts. He likes Biden, and obviously would rather see him elected than Trump, and he wants his movement to excel, which it really can’t if he is losing primaries by 30+% in states he won last time.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-08-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Not much to say at this point other than it looks like the primary stuff is over. I gave my vote to Bernie yesterday in the primary, so I've done all I can do.

My plans ultimately remain the same. Voting blue straight down the line and hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    President Dumpf did get one thing right. As a rule corona viruses don't do well in the summer months. It's not that it's hot exactly, but the increased ultra-violet destroys the molecular bonds of the virus. So going outside in the sun probably does keep you healthy--as long as you're not in contact with unhealthy folks. However, the problem is we live on a wobbly sphere where, as the days get longer in one part of our orb, the days get shorter in another part. So the virus can survive in the darker parts--which is the southern hemisphere for us right now. And it also happens that some of the poorest nations are in the southern hemisphere, with inadequate health care. This is why foreign aid is so important--helping others helps yourself.
    ... It's spread in countries in the Southern Hemisphere, too, where it's been summer.

It's not going to be over because of that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I don’t think this is entirely unexpected. For one thing, it doesn’t do your movement a whole lot of good if it looks weaker than 2016–which it has. This and Sanders genuinely likes Biden. Biden was one of the few, by all accounts, who treated Sanders properly before Sanders had elevated himself to the national stage. While others were dismissive, Biden was legitimately pleasant. So I think it makes it harder for Sanders on both counts. He likes Biden, and obviously would rather see him elected than Trump, and he wants his movement to excel, which it really can’t if he is losing primaries by 30+% in states he won last time.
    I just wonder if his supporters will vote for Biden, or if they'll abstain or (God forbid) vote Trump.

Like, this year, I will vote Biden. Indiana will go to Trump and the popular vote here will be over 20% in his favor, but I will vote Biden.

So Bernie says while Biden is the nominee, he'll stay on the ballot to continue gathering delegates so that he can significantly influence the party platform at the convention.

Stupid Kills: The 5 Worst GOP Governors’ Responses to COVID-19

If it is only 5 out of 50, we might survive.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I suspect that Sanders might have staid in longer if it wasn't for the Coronavirus outbreak. Campaigning is almost impossible under these conditions.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-08-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I just wonder if his supporters will vote for Biden, or if they'll abstain
    It's this. They're already all over Twitter with the #neverBiden ****. They'll not vote, vote 3rd Party, or write in Bernie. I hope Bernie makes an effort to talk some fucking sense into these summer children.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

The idiocy of those governors was positively staggering, and lives will be lost because of that stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's this. They're already all over Twitter with the #neverBiden ****. They'll not vote, vote 3rd Party, or write in Bernie. I hope Bernie makes an effort to talk some fucking sense into these summer children.
    I'm sure he'll make every effort to convince his supporters to vote for Biden, but I suspect it won't work.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, let’s hope so because we cannot afford to get rat-fucked again like last time

Extraordinary Member

Okay good. Let’s hope this thread can move past the obsessive an uninteresting is Bernie trying to tank the party talk

Intermediary

I was out on Sanders in 2015 when he s*** the bed at Netroots

he's a loser, always has been

let's move on

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

As much as I disagree with Governor Holcomb, I'm glad he doesn't have turd for brains like these Southerners and was one of the first to step up.

In fact, other Hoosier conservatives complained he went too far.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm sure he'll make every effort to convince his supporters to vote for Biden, but I suspect it won't work.
    I suppose there are plenty of people who just won't. I'll never understand that stance.

I hope people are saving the tweets of these idiots declaring they won't vote so we can throw it back in their faces later. Because you know they'll be on twitter every day complaining about everything and anything Trump does should he be reelected.

But these children aren't interested in politics. They never understood the game.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I disagree. Sure, there were a lot of idiots out and about in Chicago that made the Mayor force her hand. But where I live there are a lot of parks with enough trails to easily accommodate the social separation order. And I think it's good for people to get out into the fresh air if they live in an apt. building with no yard of their own.
    I can only guess that unlike by us, Chicago, the term Park does not equal forest preserve in NJ and probably is more like the Lake Front, where people hang on the beach. That's probably why he has it closed. I think they call them walking trails in regard to the Forest Preserves.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The idiocy of those governors was positively staggering, and lives will be lost because of that stupidity.

Remember Republicans are only Pro life when a person is inside the mom, once that baby is out and an adult, it's life doesn't matter anymore, so why bother keeping people safe.

Some will, some of the more privileged factions will abstained and become the future baby boomers who the kids will call out for their actions and they are gonna hate it.