Page 172 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not about "playing the game" fairly anymore. Its about not caring to raise hell and do it as we see Trump has tried with various orders that take time to dismantle. It may come across badly but a President who comes in and declares that the Republican party pushed through a lot of judges with non-creditials would be fun to see. Sure a lot will keep their jobs. But as the President then can joke , "Well they didn't seem to care if Trump did it...so I'm doing it."

**** playing the game anymore. We have people brag they don't care and want to hold up the country . So **** em.
    Again, Article II of the us Constitution says that the President has the power to nominate appointments to Article III judgeships. That nomine is then conformed by the Senate and is then in that post for life. The only way for a Judge to be remove is by Impeachment and that takes 2/3 vote from the Senate after an article of impeachment has passed the house. A President can't come into office and start firing judges even with an executive order it is not with in his constitutional power. If this were a power that could be wielded by the president don't you think that Trump would have used it by now? It not about playing a game at all it is the divided power of the government set by the Constitution.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 12-13-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not about "playing the game" fairly anymore. Its about not caring to raise hell and do it as we see Trump has tried with various orders that take time to dismantle. It may come across badly but a President who comes in and declares that the Republican party pushed through a lot of judges with non-creditials would be fun to see. Sure a lot will keep their jobs. But as the President then can joke , "Well they didn't seem to care if Trump did it...so I'm doing it."

**** playing the game anymore. We have people brag they don't care and want to hold up the country . So **** em.
    Has nothing to do with playing fair or not. If you can be squeaky clean goody two shoes with something like the ACA and have it haunt you for the better part of a decade, how the **** can I trust them to not blow it with a much riskier game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Again, Article II of the us Constitution says that the President has the power to nominate appointments to Article III judgeships. That nomine is then conformed by the Senate and is then in that post for life. The only way for a Judge to be remove is by Impeachment and that takes 2/3 vote from the Senate after an article of impeachment has passed the house. A President can't come into office and start firing judges even with an executive order it is not with in his constitutional power. If this were a power that could be wielded by the president don't you think that Trump would have used it by now? It not about playing a game at all it is the divided power of the government set by the Constitution.
    I would not rule out the possibility that, in the coming years, the house and the Senate will be 2/3 controlled by Democrats. In order words, enough in both to impeach any Judge if needed. No guarantees, but then again, anything can happen.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I would not rule out the possibility that, in the coming years, the house and the Senate will be 2/3 controlled by Democrats. In order words, enough in both to impeach any Judge if needed. No guarantees, but then again, anything can happen.
    Articles of impeachment will have to state the reason for each and every Judge to be removed, It would be political suicide for congress to go on a judicial crusade of the sort by any party. Even if the Democrats take over both houses with a super majority and the presidency I do not see such an event happening. The Republicans lost the house in the last election due in part by the dismantling of some of the Obama era legislation. The party to stage such an event would certainly lose power in the next election.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm trying to encourage everyone to stop that sort of argument. It's ok you don't like Biden, we should be able to disagree on particulars without sweeping accusations or dismissals. The truth is, many of the passionate Bernie supporters would be using this like a god damn nuke against Warren or Biden if some similar thing came up with a guy/gal with this history. The Warren/Bernie end of hte spectrum especially. I just think that whole line of argument is dumb from the get-go, hypocrisy or not. We all have flaws we accept and flaws we reject. I have a range of reasons I reject Bernie (none of which includes this situation), but I have a pretty good list against everybody. Ultimately, I'm in the camp (not with any excitement in saying this) that just wants whoever gets a win across the line. As of today....I'm not sure who that is. For a long time I thought it was only Biden, now I'm unsure of that.

You're right, people have their biases, I just wish people recognized the "their" part of that sentence. We should wield those biases less like a purity sledgehammer and more as a point of debate. what makes it an interesting case for Bernie fans, is it's that end of the progressive spectrum most likely to weaponize a situation like this. So it's a bit salty seeing so many shrug at it when their own guy does it. (not saying you, speaking very generally here)
    This argument didn't start because I said don't like Biden. I think Biden's an average Democrat. My problems with him are his baggage and that I don't think he will win. And on this forum, again the pendulum isswings so far the other way that it is not applicable. People here are far harder on Bernie than I ever was on Biden or Buttegieg or Hillary. Maybe thirty but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Articles of impeachment will have to state the reason for each and every Judge to be removed, It would be political suicide for congress to go on a judicial crusade of the sort by any party. Even if the Democrats take over both houses with a super majority and the presidency I do not see such an event happening. The Republicans lost the house in the last election due in part by the dismantling of some of the Obama era legislation. The party to stage such an event would certainly lose power in the next election.
    That's why I added "if needed", never expected that a Democratic Majority would go on a crusade against every judge. I dod suspect that there are some who are so badly unqualified for the positions that this remedy can't be ruled out altogether.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This argument didn't start because I said don't like Biden. I think Biden's an average Democrat. My problems with him are his baggage and that I don't think he will win. And on this forum, again the pendulum isswings so far the other way that it is not applicable. People here are far harder on Bernie than I ever was on Biden or Buttegieg or Hillary. Maybe thirty but that's it.
    Not really an argument, just an observation on my end. To Bernie supporters' credit....it appears they have some consistency though. Bernie yanked that endorsement real fast, probably from pressure from his base.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Oh look the problem was brought to his attention and he evaluated and changed course. Guess people need another golden carrot to say why they want to keep him at arms length

Oh look the problem was brought to his attention and he evaluated and changed course. Guess people need another golden carrot to say why they want to keep him at arms length
    Too damn old imo

Astonishing Member

I don't understand why Cenk would be villainized (sp) for something he said 20 years ago when he was a conservative.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Too damn old imo
    I'll give you a little spoiler. It's either him or Biden and they are a year apart. Maybe Warren who is still in her 70's

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't understand why Cenk would be villainized (sp) for something he said 20 years ago when he was a conservative.
    Because he speaks off the cuff like wreckless blowhard and has said questionable things within the last 5-10 years. Ideologically Cenk is a solid candidate. He's not when you account for baggage that he brought upon himself. If he wants to win, he should do it on his own and not drag anyone else down with him. He has to make the case for himself and hope people buy it. I care more about strategy and appicability. He is dangerous if people need to cede capital and goodwill. To his credit, he knows that.

Matt Bevin is a a total piece of ****. He pardoned a child rapist. A man convicted of raping an 8 year old girl. Whatever love I had for the Republican party is gone now.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'll give you a little spoiler. It's either him or Biden and they are a year apart. Maybe Warren who is still in her 70's
    Their all too damn old, Warren I may edge out because she's only just 70 but Bernie and Biden need to retire. Their presidencies WILL kill them.