Page 711 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721761811 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 17573

The Flavour Flav thing is just a distraction and a poor one at that.

All it amounts to is a dude saying "Dont use my image without paying me" which is a tad dramatic and divaish considering his position and what its for.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Flavor Flav being booted is just a reminder that Bernie Bros don't like independent thought.
    This Public Enemy thing is just a like a microcosm of the politics on the left these days as whole. One of the most iconic political hip hop groups of all time, and moderates want to take the side not of the guy who wrote all the lyrics, but the guy who's better know for wearing a big clock around his neck. Good job idiots.

BANNED

Yeah, Flav has always been a clown. His crowning legacy is Flavor of Love, which was only watchable because of the iconic Tiffany Pollard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    This Public Enemy thing is just a like a microcosm of the politics on the left these days as whole. One of the most iconic political hip hop groups of all time, and moderates want to take the side not of the guy who wrote all the lyrics, but the guy who's better know for wearing a big clock around his neck. Good job idiots.
    The point is not to take sides at all when Public Enemy is a team -- Chuck and Flav.

What it's a microcosm of is the fact that you'll sacrifice almost anything and anyone to achieve Sanders' political objectives.

Whether Sanders wins or loses, their decades long professional relationship shouldn't be a casualty of divisive politics.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-02-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Trump represents the worst in American politics too, and to a greater degree.

No one person is going to represent everything.
    "Worst" is an absolute term. You don't represent the worst to a greater degree. You either are the worst, or you're not. If Trump is the worst, and Buttigeig isn't as bad as Trump, then, by definition, Buttigeig is NOT the worst.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Long story short, it's kind of like this.

Let's say you have A/B/C. Over the years, A and C have agreed that a lot of things about B are an issue(drug use/not taking business seriously/there's more, but you get it...)

Now, let's say that most folks agree that A is where the bulk of the group's political slant comes from. So... B apparently gets hip to that the band will be doing an event with Sanders. Apparently, B has some sort of an issue. That issue is apparently why A has seen fit to fire B from the band.

The hitch?

Is it really about that, or does it have something to do with the issues that A and C agree that B has? Some combination of the the two?

I'd say "No telling, but B has been cut loose for the meantime."
    Ahhhhhhh I see. Okay so B was against Sander's using their song, and he was 'fired' by A and C who are pro-Sanders, but ultimately it was more the final straw rather than a true disagreement of political views?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Agreed. Protesting has changed society for badly needed progress. However, that's not what PwrdOn is advocating - they want a complete sweep of the board, like the October Revolution rather than Stonewall.
    What happened in the October Revolution? That's not when the Tsar and his family were removed, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    ‘gleefully mislabels LGBT+ people’

Honey, I jokingly called you (a gay man) queer *gasp*

Admittedly, it was bitchy and I’m sorry but you can drop the narrative that I’m some monster who uses the wrong gender pronouns for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    which i find a bit treasonous to the queer community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I am not now, nor will I ever be part of a group under the the banner of a slur. You can't betray what you're not part of
    You are neither illiterate, nor stupid, you're actually very intelligent. No one reads the above exchange and then calls some qu**r and gets to pretend it was playful banter. We do not have that kind of relationship. You intentionally mislabeled me with a word I had made very clear (in the very last post) I saw as an offensive slur. How labels apply to us is such a current and important issue in the LGBT+ community; it's LGBT+ 101. I shouldn't have to explain this to anyone, least of all someone in the LGBT+ community. You would never read an email from "Sara they/them" and call that person "she" in the email. You would never label a trans woman "he". You would never seen a poster identify as pansexual as respond with "you mean bisexual." Labels matter, they are important and we choose our own labels. It's quintessential to us, as a community. And in previous discussions you have displayed 'an issue' (shall we say) with gay men in the UK not liking the word qu**r. You like the word as an umbrella term for the LGBT+ community, and because you don't agree it shouldn't be applied to all, you choose to not respect that. Well that's on you.

In the nicest possible way:
    How I choose to identify is none of your business.
    How I wish to be labelled is not up for debate.

Being unable to respect these simple basics is problematic. Actively going against them is another thing entirely, which you did. And now on top of being the person who intentionally mislabeled people in the LGBT+ community, you are also the person who then lies about it.

Your "apology" means nothing when it's coated in untruths. First you have to actually be honest with what you did, before you can apologies for it... I would end with saying "and don't call me honey" but we all know you don't care how people want to be addressed.

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-02-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

People are so mad at Bernie that they are choosing Flav over Chuck lol and acting like they aren’t grown ass men who can conduct their own business. Congrats you all hit rock bottom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "Worst" is an absolute term. You don't represent the worst to a greater degree. You either are the worst, or you're not. If Trump is the worst, and Buttigeig isn't as bad as Trump, then, by definition, Buttigeig is NOT the worst.
    I didn't say Buttigeig was the worst. I said he represented the worst in a lot of ways.

But, fair enough. I'll phrase it differently, and say that he and his campaign are yet another representation as to why American politics are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    lol I saw that. #PeteToBernie was also trending and totally not fake...

I don't know why they're pretending. Do they think Buttigieg supporters won't remember they were posting rat emojis a day ago? That no one will notice they're still calling him a rat and making weird homophobic comments about him?
    I was equally shocked and amused by his tweet "congratulating" Buttigieg on his campaign. Every other candidate was respectful focusing on JUST congratulating him (Klobuchar did get rightly called out on her overly praise worthy tweet)... to my knowledge Sanders (well... his people, I doubt he uses his Twitter, I doubt many of the candidates do) used that same tweet of congratulations to welcome Pete's supporters to come to the Sanders camp. It's so tacky (and a wee bit delusional/desperate). After everything the Bernie Bros have done to hound and insult Buttigieg, to then think many of them will come over to Sanders side is possibly laughable. The ideology of Buttigieg is far closer to Biden and Bloomberg. Some will go to Warren, who ideologically doesn't share a lot of thoughts, but displays a lot of the same traits as a leader (forthright, eloquent, compassionate, charismatic). There was a beautiful message from one of Buttigieg's associates celebrating what Pete meant to him as a gay man, and going off on the Bernie Bros. And the replies were FULL of Pete supports saying "lovely post, I agree, never Sanders" (citing the Bernie Bros and rat emojis as why).

Oh it's good to be proved right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Their hostility towards other candidates,, no doubt amplified by eager rat$@#@ing is definitely not helping them.
    Ding ding ding ding.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Bullies are insecure, but get braver with perceived success -- expect even more of this kind of behavior if Sanders starts losing his "jumpstart" lead.
    Ughhhh... I hate that I know you're 100% right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    rick dominguez (he/him/his)
    @rickd95
    Well #TeamPete, I’m still very sad. But I’m also excited to now support the only one left who can excite my generation, bring progressive policies to the forefront, and most importantly beat Trump. I’m supporting @BernieSanders! @People4Bernie#BernieBeatsTrump #BernieSanders2020
    https://twitter.com/rickd95/status/1234271233803522049
    Interesting. On Feb 1st that same person (@rickd95) wrote:
    Whenever I start coming around to the idea of Bernie as my # 2 this kind of **** happens and I’m reminded how much his supporters drive me nuts #PeteForAmerica #TeamPete
    [he then shares a video of Sanders supporting booing woman of colour saying they like Hillary]
    https://twitter.com/rickd95/status/1223631071981510656

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    @PeteButtigiegwas who I supported for the nominee; however, with him suspending his campaign I am now voting for @BernieSanders. We need a candidate who & and will defeat @realDonaldTrump- that is Bernie. I urge those who also supported Pete to support Bernie.
    #ThankYouPete
    https://twitter.com/KodiGaddis/statu...65309390897152
    Also from Kodi Feb 24th (man, that didn't take long, lol)
    These comments are exactly why I have a hard time trying to like Bernie. I mean, I can’t blame Bernie... but I don’t like this side of politics.
    [THE COMMENT HE QUOTED: And hey @PeteButtigieg, try to not be so smug when you just got your ass kicked. You know how we form a winning coalition to beat Trump? With a true multi-racial coalition of working Americans: something @BernieSanders has proven he can do + you haven’t. Dude, show some humility]
    https://twitter.com/KodiGaddis/statu...58415279484928

Even if they are going to Bernie's side, one wonders how loyal they'll be (and if their tweets will actually manifest in bothering to go out on the day), considering both had such disdain for Bernie Bros
    (SIDE NOTE: I swear I've seen people share the image/text from the tweet directly, how did they do that???)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-02-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Some harsh words about Elizabeth Warren from a former colleague.

While she's come a long way since then, I'll always be weary of people that were Republicans well into their adulthood. That she's considered one of the most left-wing senators in the country, just goes to show how deeply right-wing American politics are.

Pete and Amy dropping out is bad for Bernie. States he was going win tomorrow are now going to go to Biden.

I'm 99% sure that Texas will now go to Biden.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

That’s dumb. Shes polling horribly everywhere but could have stopped Sanders from getting Minnesota