Page 957 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 45785790794795395495595695795895996096196710071057 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,355 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When Biden actually had the delegates to lock up the nomination, we'll have something to discuss.

Otherwise?

Sanders hasn't even taken this as far as Clinton did when she lost the nomination to Obama.
    Sanders is in the same position he was when Clinton destroyed his campaign in '16. Super Tuesday kills his campaigns, the only reason he sticks around afterward is because he's a professional contrarian.

Since the nomination would require Biden to actually have the delegates to lock it up? You are simply incorrect.
    He has an overwhelming edge in delegates over Sanders, and it's going to get worse. The last instance he did this he got destroyed by every metric by Clinton.

No one has made the argument that he "Must..." stay in the race.
    You're the second to make that argument.

That said, he is easily accomplishing raising the money for virus victims while staying in the race.

So...

There's just not really much of an argument there. The fact that he has raised the money points clearly to that he does not need to leave the race to accomplish that end. He has already done it.
    The question was whether he should, not if he could. The fact he did that is irrelevant. It's not a shield to keep in the race when he's lost. Is this even legal? Campaigns aren't charities for subjects for anything other than their candidate running for president.

The fact Sanders is continuing this while a pandemic is going on isn't going to not be a bad look for Sanders if you ignore it. What's your opinion on that aspect during these primaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

The question was whether he should, not if he could. The fact he did that is irrelevant. It's not a shield to keep in the race when he's lost. Is this even legal? Campaigns aren't charities for subjects for anything other than their candidate running for president.

The fact Sanders is continuing this while a pandemic is going on isn't going to not be a bad look for Sanders if you ignore it. What's your opinion on that aspect during these primaries?
    Doing the right thing?

Yeah, that's legal most of the time.

As for what's in green?

I'm all for a candidate raising money to help victims of a pandemic during a pandemic.

I'm honestly at a complete loss for why anyone wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by tendrin View Post
    apologies if this was posted earlier but... Oh wbe-eeeeee....

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/tex...rtion-clinics/
    To the csgopotd queue with her!

Also, who the f*** spells Kathleen with an extra "a"?
    Last edited by worstblogever; 03-24-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Doing the right thing?

Yeah, that's legal most of the time.

As for what's in green?

I'm all for a candidate raising money to help victims of a pandemic during a pandemic.

I'm honestly at a complete loss for why anyone wouldn't be.
    Is this one of them?

Moving the goal posts. Sanders isn't simply raising money for victims, nobody has any problems with that - it's continuing to campaign when he's beaten by Biden forcing voters to risk being infected. You're ok with elections occurring during a pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    To the csgopotd queue with her!

Also, who the f*** spells Kathleen with an extra "a"?
    I expect we're gonna see a lot of Republicans competing for 'worst corona virus opinions' in the CSGOPOTD Hall of 'fame'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I expect we're gonna see a lot of Republicans competing for 'worst corona virus opinions' in the CSGOPOTD Hall of 'fame'.
    Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick's quote about grandparents being willing to die for the economy is right up there, too. Texas GOP is leading the way like a death cult.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick's quote about grandparents being willing to die for the economy is right up there, too. Texas GOP is leading the way like a death cult.
    Yeah, and naturally, that's spreading throughoiut the GOP through Fox News. Brite Hume called it a 'reasonable opinion' earlier, Glenn Beck saying he'd die for the economy and so on.

They're completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    This is the precise reason we have a government though. You don’t want to just put a band aid on a bullet wound for these businesses. The government needs to step up, big time, and issue loans and grants to the businesses to keep them solvent until the crisis abates. This way you save lives and keep the economy on life support in the meantime. People can and will accept this so long as they don’t end up on the street. I don’t think we should take that for granted as an outcome of this shutdown—we should push our government to ensure people remain housed and fed. Past that, we will need to tough it out in the meantime to avoid this getting worse, both economically and health-wise.
    It's becoming clear that there won't be a stimulus.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    It's becoming clear that there won't be a stimulus.
    Both sides have indicated that they are getting close. I’m not ready to lose faith quite yet. Especially with a package this big, I’m not too terribly surprised that they have some sticking points to iron out.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Both sides have indicated that they are getting close. I’m not ready to lose faith quite yet. Especially with a package this big, I’m not too terribly surprised that they have some sticking points to iron out.
    I really hope you're right. I'll try to be more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Americans have lived in this insane Frankenstein of a socioeconomic system for decades and pretty much everyone hates it, you put any of Bernie's policies up for a national referendum and they would pass easily.
    It doesn't make any sense to the extent people don't make any sense. But at some point you work with what you got. Policy-wise, I think Bernie has it more right than Biden. Bernie certainly has the more comprehensive and efficient healthcare plan. I still don't support him and am sick to death of idealists tearing down less appealing alternatives as if they were nothing but corporate shills. Being the best on policy is a big plus point, but if that were all it took then Elizabeth Warren would be the presumptive nominee. America is full of people who support liberal policies and don't have any clue that they do. The antidote to that won't come from a presidential campaign, and certainly not one as purist and revolutionary as Bernie's. That's not how democracies or republics work.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is why I voted for Clinton despite all the crap I gave her. Not because I liked her politics or thought she would advance my priorities. Simply because I knew if **** hit the fan at least there would be an adult in the room and I wouldn’t need to worry that the President would facilitate a catastrophe.

It’s the same reason in the end I’m going to begrudgingly vote Biden.

He does a lot of bad ****, but this was always the true danger to Trump, that he’s an idiot and his greedy self interests would supersede common sense in a bad situation.
    And there you have it. We need to have a President with common sense. Biden isn't the only one with common sense, but he's most likely the only one with common sense AND a chance at winning the election in November.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And there you have it. We need to have a President with common sense. Biden isn't the only one with common sense, but he's most likely the only one with common sense AND a chance at winning the election in November.
    I second that. I would like to see Bernie get behind Biden as soon as possible. Under normal circumstances I would want the primaries to go on, but with a global crisis, and a mentally deteriorating President who thinks it's a good idea to have people pack the churches on Easter during the early stages of the coronavirus, everyone needs to start backing Biden ASAP, whether their democrat or republican.

Its frankly weird how posters seem to think America is incapable of doing what most of Europe has done visa vi a stimulus package to ensure hundreds of thousands dont die from disease OR starvation etc

Ultimate Member

Glen Beck wants old people to go work and die...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/glenn...b620022ab30851