Page 611 of 992 FirstFirst ... 111511561601607608609610611612613614615621661711 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 14868
  1. #9151
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,189

    Default

    Pigeons with 'Make America Great Again' hats glued to their heads released in Las Vegas

    LAS VEGAS — Pigeons with tiny Make American Great Again hats glued to their heads were released in downtown Las Vegas this week in what appears to be a sarcastic statement of loyalty to President Donald Trump and a mock protest of Nevada's coming Democratic presidential caucuses.

    A group calling itself P.U.T.I.N., Pigeons United To Interfere Now, claimed responsibility for the stunt. The pigeons were set loose Tuesday, according to the group.
    Animal Cruelty, why am I not surprised.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #9152
    Incredible Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'm making sense.
    No you aren't and I think Squirrel Man was inadvertently on to something when brought up sealioning.

    This is a waste of time.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  3. #9153
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    This is a waste of time.
    I think we can agree on that.


  4. #9154

    Default

    On this date in 2015, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” ran our profile of Scott Beason, who was also a failed candidate for U.S. Senate in 2012, and a failed candidate for Congress to represent Alabama’s 6th Congressional District as well. Among Beason’s many controversial moments are the fact that he praised the Communist witch hunts of Senator Joe McCarthy, claiming that “they worked”, saying that the solution to the immigration crisis was for his party to “empty the clip and do what needs to be done”, and that he was recorded (while being aware he was recording) referring to African Americans as “Aborigines”. All those moments are bad enough to make you forget he’s also got a terrible voting record, including introducing legislation to try to ban the children of undocumented immigrants from taking part in after school activities, not just extracurricular sports or clubs… but even going to their prom. He also supported drug testing welfare recipients, TRAP laws to close all the abortion clinics in Alabama, a nullification measure to allow Alabama to ignore federal firearms laws, strict Voter ID laws, and voted against a measure that would have seen Alabama apologize to African Americans for slavery.

    It was in both 2016, and in 2017, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” posted profiles about Isaac Latterell, who came to our attention as a reactionary, outspoken pro-life extremist after back in February of 2014 when he submitted a bill in the South Dakota state legislature that would have banned abortion at 7 weeks (in other words, a flagrantly unconstitutional bill that flew in the face of the Roe v. Wade ruling). At that time, he posted a blog to comment on the impending vote, tastefully titled, “Stop the Dismemberment of Living Children” in which, he compared abortion to “a veterinarian ripping the heads off puppies and crushing their skulls”, and gave his humble opinion that abortion doctors are more savage than “the barbarians of old”. After the talk of puppy decapitation and barbarians didn’t sway the public to his cause, and just shy of a year after his first rant about Planned Parenthood, Latterell penned a second screed, this time titled, “Planned Parenthood is worse than ISIS and Lying About It”. After being criticized for his rant, Latterell decided to back off just a tad, changing his article’s title to “Planned Parenthood is Beheading Children and Lying About It”, which is still devoid of facts. Laterrell then pitched a bill in the South Dakota House, HB 1230, that would “prohibit the beheading of certain living unborn children”, that predictably went nowhere. Now, this would be the most offensive issue that Isaac Latterell has ranted about, but just so everyone’s aware, he’s not a one-issue politician. Apparently, Latterell has some deep-seated fears about transsexuals, as he has voted for H1195, a bill that would limit a citizen’s gender identity to what is listed on their birth certificate, and in January 2016 voted for HB 1008, a transphobic bathroom cop bill to make sure that people use the bathroom designated for the gender types people are born. This is also reflected in his support through 2017 for a transphobic bathroom ban to be implemented in public schools, as well as a failed attempt at passing a “religious freedom” law to allow Christians the freedom to discriminate against same sex couples whose marriages threaten their “freedom”.

    On this date in 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” ran our profile of Rayne Brown, who served in the Tar Heel state’s legislature from 2011-2016. She did so as a member of ALEC, the conservative group that brainstorms all manner of insanely extreme hard-right legislation around the country backing her (and later getting her help in trying to block renewable energy laws in North Carolina), as well as by way of having her campaign and the North Carolina GOP send out fliers during her 2010 campaign for office that made the Willie Horton ads from 1988 look like a walk in the park. Because it wasn’t just that the legislator in question that she was accusing of being soft on crime, Hugh Holliman, actually was alright enough with capital punishment that he had watched his daughter’s murderer be executed for the crime, but that Henry McCollum, one of the two supposed murderers that Holliman’s “weak on crime” stance would not be executed would be released from prison was, in reality, innocent of the crime that he was convicted. And that Holliman’s support for the Racial Justice Act would have easily aided in the wrongful execution of McCollum. Well, after Rayne Brown took office and established several years’ worth of votes on some of the worst state-wide legislation in the nation (more on that in a minute), Brown also decided that it was wrong that the city of Ashville, North Carolina, could have women protesting Republicans’ policies by showing up topless, as it was legal. So she thought to remedy that with the small-government solution of making it not just a criminal offense for a woman in North Carolina to have her nipple exposed, but a FELONY OFFENSE. The bill she submitted to do so died in committee, mercifully, but not before Brown became notoriously nutty, taking out opinion editorials to scold liberals for being… y’know, liberal, and calling them “willful and petulant children deprived of a treat”. As a legislator, Brown voted f to drug test welfare recipients, for the Repeal of the Racial Justice Act, for SB 353, an extremely restrictive anti-abortion bill that was amended by the North Carolina GOP from a motorcycle safety bill into an anti-choice measure, as well as HB 465, a TRAP law aimed at creating abortion regulations so restrictive that they would effectively force the closure of all abortion clinics in the state for failing to be able to meet them. Brown also voted several “stricter Voter ID laws” North Carolina Republicans push during her tenure aimed at suppressing the vote, for SB 2, a bill to allow state officials to refuse to perform “certain marriage duties” if they have a “sincerely held” religious objection as well as for HB 2, North Carolina’s disastrous anti-LGBT law, and she voted for several bills to make it harder to remove Confederate monuments in North Carolina. Brown opted to leave the North Carolina state legislature after three terms in office, and we won’t be missing her.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  5. #9155

    Default

    On this date in 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Omar Navarro, a two-time loser in attempts to get elected to the U.S. House of Representatives for California’s 43rd Congressional District. Navarro, a currently unemployed former used car salesman, began being pushed out of California GOP politics in 2014 by mainstream members of the party after he started to act bizarrely and showed a poor temperament, which only made him rebrand himself as a Trump Republican that supports the border wall. This only entrenched him further in American politics, and gave him a second chance he definitely doesn’t deserve. Especially because Navarro is the son of Mexican immigrants, and try and not let that hurt any rational part of your mind.

    After losing badly to Maxine Waters in 2016, partially because Navarro was sentenced to probation, because while he was married, he illegally chose to place a tracking device on his wife’s car to track her movements, because that’s not paranoid (and is a felony in California). He was found guilty only weeks before the election and sentenced to 18 months probation and to take an anger management course. Navarro wasn’t messing around in his second go-round in 2018, when he supported white nationalists like Chuck Johnson aiding his campaign by stalking Congresswoman Waters while she slept on a plane, and being dumb enough to solicit an endorsement from Michael Flynn (was was already charged with lying to the FBI) and going with a “Lock Her Up” mentality by demanding that Waters be arrested on social media. (Again, he himself was still on probation for a felony.) Then Navarro got a visit from the FBI after releasing a fake letter that he claimed was from Maxine Waters’ Congressional office, that supposedly wanted to resettle tens of thousands of Somali immigrant refugees in her district (it’s a crime to forge a document and claim it’s from a Congressional office). So, of course, Navarro had a level-headed response to the FBI’s inquiries, to go online and compare his plight to Donald Trump’s, and claim he was also the victim of “a witch hunt”.

    It’s hard to pick a “lowest moment” for someone like this as a candidate, but if we had to, it might be that video emerged of Omar Navarro handing out with self-proclaimed “Hollywood Nazis” and white nationalists in September of 2018. Three known “Alt-Right” figures were featured, including Milo Yiannopolous’ former manager Tim Gionet, and at points, they were standing beside Navarro while he spoke, giggling as they were performing Nazi salutes. It wasn’t a one-off experience for Navarro, as only days before the election, another video emerged of him complimenting a man for an Anti-Semitic sign that read, “DA GOYIM KNOW”.

    Omar Navarro was completely crushed by Maxine Waters on Election Day 2018, earning only 22% of the vote. Navarro immedatiely changed his Twitter title to indicate he’s running against Waters again in 2020 and started palling around with other MAGA Trolls like Laura Loomer and cheering her on for trying to get herself arrested by storming the California Governor’s Mansion in sombreros to prove Gov. Gavin Newsom a hypocrite for thinking “walls don’t work” and the mansion has walls. (Please note, this doesn’t make sense, since Newsom isn’t living in the residence.) Anyway, Navarro is currently being investigated for potentially violating his probation because he was stalking his ex-girlfriend in San Francisco. and that makes it even more unlikely that he will upset Maxine Waters in a heavily Democratic district in 2020. As such, we don’t even consider him enough of a threat to reach office to continue profiling him (but we do predict he’s going to end up in jail at some point), and will set aside his profile at this time and profile a different kooky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 837-40, since this was established in July 2014.)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  6. #9156

    Default


    Michele Presnell

    Welcome to what is the 837th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Michele Presnell, who has been a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives in District 118 since winning office in the 2012 elections. She became a cause for concern in her first few months in office when she sponsored House Resolution 494, which would declare Christianity the official state religion of North Carolina.

    You may now pause to remember that the United States’ First Amendment guarantees a separation of church and state, and that her resolution was patently unconstitutional before we resume with this story.

    Anyway, one of Presnell’s constituents, Britt Kauffman, sent her an e-mail to ask her if she would be comfortable with an Islamic prayer being said before a day’s work in the state legislature. Her response spoke volumes:

    … Yes, she did just define her own “religious freedom being whisked away” as not having it be the official religion of the state. And more importantly, she did just equate Islamic prayer to terrorism.

    Her voting record is equally as troubling:

    • April 11th, 2013: Michele Presnell votes for HB 392, another of those insane GOP bills that seek to drug test welfare recipients, then lose a state a ton of money on the cost of drug testing only to find no significant drug use until lawsuits against the laws succeed to prove the law is a violation of the 4th Amendment rights of those it seeks to test.
    • June 5th, 2013: Presnell votes for the Repeal of the Racial Justice Act.
    • July 11th, 2013: Michele Presnell votes for SB 353, an extremely restrictive anti-abortion bill that was amended by the North Carolina GOP from a motorcycle safety bill into an anti-choice measure.
    • July 25th, 2013: Presnell votes for HB 589, one of several “stricter Voter ID laws” North Carolina Republicans push during her tenure aimed at suppressing the vote.
    • June 3rd, 2015: Michele Presnell votes for HB 465, a TRAP law aimed at creating abortion regulations so restrictive that they would effectively force the closure of all abortion clinics in the state for failing to be able to meet them.
    • June 11th, 2015: Presnell votes for SB 2, a bill to allow state officials to refuse to perform “certain marriage duties” if they have a “sincerely held” religious objection.
    • July 21st, 2015: Responding to the South Carolina state legislature voting to remove the Confederate flag from their state capitol after the mass murder of nine African Americans at the historical Charleston AME Church, Michele Presnell is one of several North Carolina Republicans who vote for SB 22, and to make it harder to remove Confederate monuments in North Carolina.
    • March 23rd, 2016: Presnell co-sponsors HB 2, North Carolina’s disastrous anti-LGBTQ law, and boycotts over the law cost the state well over a trillion dollars of revenue from business boycotts and the tourism industry.


    Presnell has spent her current term in office sponsoring legislation to ban abortion at 13 weeks, and trying to force doctors performing abortions to try and resuscitate the zygotes they are aborting after performing the procedure (even though by legal definition, such unborn children cannot survive outside the womb). Oh, and of course she was a part of a “smaller government” effort by North Carolina Republicans to sell raw milk, because pasteurization is the devil’s handiwork, or something.

    And when he say her “current term” we mean her “last term”. Michele Presnell announced she would not be running for re-election in 2020. We would like to present her with our finest “GOOD RIDDANCE” salutes at this time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  7. #9157
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    No you aren't and I think Squirrel Man was inadvertently on to something when brought up sealioning.

    This is a waste of time.
    You may be right. I'm disappointed, as you were the only Bernie supporter here who made some progress in condemning the Bros attacks and the horrible mistakes Sanders made in his campaign. Maybe one day you'll join us in combating all the abuse the left is responsible for but it won't be today.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-21-2020 at 04:58 AM.

  8. #9158
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    More stupidity from followers of the White Pride Piper.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  9. #9159
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I think you are underestimating the threat.

    Yesterday when I searched the word "Warren" on twitter, the first 200 or so search results were all people excited about her debate performance.

    Now I get dozens and dozens of weird tweets by iffy accounts trying to drive a wedge between Sanders supporters and Warren, focusing on supposed "smears" by her against Sanders, taking Senate votes out of context etc. There clearly is a coordinated troll farm effort going on against her right now because she looked like a threat again.

    I mean, it's not normal to not get ANY of the tweets from yesterday anymore that got so many likes and retweets.
    While I suppose there might be an outside chance that what you are describing could be something like the actual case...

    - Warren is still a short ways back, and not looking like a sure bet in the near future.
    - If Twitter is going to be what does a potential Warren candidacy in, is she really a strong potential nominee?
    - Is anyone if Twitter will be what does them in?

    - Any of them strong enough to run a competitive campaign against an incumbent President who is batting above his average on things he shouldn't be(Latino Support/Not Completely Wrecking The Economy)?

  10. #9160
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I’d be interested in hearing your reasoning on this. Not being sarcastic either. I’ve noticed Trump has a lot of Hispanic support despite the doom and gloom on that front
    Sorry for delay. Lots of stuff going on at homefront.

    Of course I like the improved economy situation even if my own age/lack of marketable skills situation makes me still in a tight spot. I'd rather my neighbors be rich rather than poor. Poverty can make for a worsened crime rate. Doom and gloom? I lived in the Los Angeles basin for decades. Lots of Hispanics. The area got worse with every influx of more: homes previously cared for by a mixed population falling apart because the new people either didn't care or know how or could afford to keep up the neighborhood. Democrats made this much worse when they made the sub-prime rate fiasco which saw way more people borrowing for a house who in no way could maintain that house! Homes with pools were even worse. Clouds of mosquitoes started breeding in neglected pools. Drug trafficking soared. It got so miserable in just a decade under a Democrat that dad packed up the entire family and we moved out of state to a Republican one.


    Trump is pro-military and by that I mean a military that is there to protect us rather than to subjugate us. Had several relatives and my own dad serve. It was not a fun time for the family for much the same reasons the families of police and fire fighters have a harder time coping: you live in a background state of constant dread. In all my years in California I never had an issue with the police. Nor did any of my relatives (save for the ones who were thieves ) The biggest interaction was when one drugged-out relative came over brandishing a gun and the police officer that arrived very professionally handled the situation without any shots fired. I have nothing but respect for their profession while also knowing that bad officers exist just like there are bad people in any position...part of the human race.

    Democrats keep telling me Trump is racist. Honestly, I've looked and can't find any basis for this other than the accusations themselves.

    As stated above, Democrats keep telling me I'll suffer financially from Republicans. Yet my family has suffered primarily from either Democrat 'nanny' policies and from Republican Rhinos. (By the way, I don't think of myself as a Republican. I would vote Libertarian if only the Libertarian Party would actually get a libertarian-minded candidate. )

    I believe that life is something to be treasured as part of God's personality (Creator) so am horrified by the practices of abortionists for the same reason I'm horrified by any murder. Trump is pro-life while the Democratic Party seems hell-bent on making me pay for what I consider outright murder.

    I believe in the right to arms (2nd Amendment) as a way not only for those not vegan as I am to procure food and protect themselves from criminals if they desire that method, but also to protect all America from a future government that wants to subjugate all of us as has been done in places like Nazi Germany and current China. If the general populace can't protect themselves from a vile turn in their government/military then eventually they are doomed to live under a totalitarian regime. Also, the worst crimes seem to take place in 'gun-free' zones. That rather supports my argument. I never feel more unsafe as when I enter a building that denies my fellows to carry. Its like a market for criminals/psychos.

    Trump is anti-climate change hysteria. I've been living under a state of people trying to scare me with nature-caused doomsday scenarios for so long (It's The Coming Great Freeeeeze! Killer Bees! Africa Wiped Out By Aids By 1990! Global Warming!) for so long I've gone meh to it all. Besides, non-politics linked scientists have debunked it. Climate change is seasonal change and changes in Sol that have gone on since it existed. Siberia was once prairie land thousands of years before rudimentary 'civilization', and so forth. Also, the ones who cry climate change are hypocrites with their private jet planes and multiple homes. Give me a break.

    Truly the only thing I can think of where I don't like Trump is that he spends too much. This has been epidemic with far too many politicians on both sides of the aisle for far too many years. My family strives to live within their means even if it means luxuries and entertainment are limited. (I buy the occasional comic book but haven't been to a theater or a restaurant since the early 1990's. Video Games? What are video games?) We buy nearly all our clothing from Thrift stores, DIY as much as possible. Keep an Emergency Fund. Just gave up cable TV for an Amazon Firestick for mom in order to feed the cats decent food --with mom's okay since she was pretty much the sole watcher of TV. Only use a credit card when you already have cash on hand put aside to pay off the full amount right away let alone by the due date.) Why can't the governments do this? Live within your means. Borrow only when critically necessary. Give to charity but don't take from it unless there is NO other way so it is available for those who must have it for a time. We were disgusted when the National Debt hit a Trillion. Now it goes up that amount every year. Good lord!

    I also resent being called a racist for not liking Obama. I didn't like Obama because he was black. I could care less. (Star Trek Classic fan who loved the Andorian's blue skin.) I disliked him because he disliked America for its faults as if it only had faults and no virtues. I loathe his Obamacare and how it raised prices and made my dad lose his doctor and cancer medication right when he needed it most. (Because of Obamacare he could not get it for seven months while on it he was getting better. He died just four months later.

    Trump has faults. He's no saint. But neither are any of the Democrats (or the Libertarians, or Green Party, or you or me.) I like most of his policies where I really dislike most (all?) Democrat policies. I hate that they are trying to steal back the election (Impeachment) and call me 'despicable' while all the eight years under Obama we were expected to be nice because 'Obama was duly elected so tolerate it.) Expectations of civility with Democrat politicians seem only to exist when they get their way.

    Democrats love socialism/communism to the extent that they want no other. I've lived watching other countries with these kinds of systems and I've listened to the escaped victims of them tell their tales. I've watched modern videos come out of Venezuela and China. Capitalism is not paradise but it is a sight better than anything else out there. Trump is pro-Capitalism. The Democrats are not save for two candidates and look how the others reacted to them the last debate. The Tolerance Party isn't terribly tolerant, is it? Makes me think of early on Hitler and his Brown Shirts shutting down opposite opinions let alone acts before they rose to power.

    As it stands now I'm voting for Trump even if the economy gets worse because if it gets worse it will likely be from either outside factors such as the current virus crisis (created and made worse by a communist country) that no President would have control over.

    So, yes, I'm voting for the Orange Man again. The only difference this time is that I'm happily voting for him. The opposite side just looks too darn scary. Acts too darn scary.

    P.S. forgot to mention: TWO, TWO State of the Union addresses where Trump gave statistics of improvement for Hispanics and Blacks. The Democrat side of the aisle was stone faced. Only the Arizona senator clapped. That spoke volumes about the Democratic Party leaders.
    Last edited by Kyer; 02-21-2020 at 06:36 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  11. #9161
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,352

    Default

    oh sister

    ........
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  12. #9162
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    The race for dumbest thing I'll read online today is on.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  13. #9163
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I didn't like Obama because he was black.
    Are we allowing this kind of hate speech on the board or nah?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  14. #9164
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Sorry for delay. Lots of stuff going on at homefront.

    Of course I like the improved economy situation even if my own age/lack of marketable skills situation makes me still in a tight spot. I'd rather my neighbors be rich rather than poor. Poverty can make for a worsened crime rate. Doom and gloom? I lived in the Los Angeles basin for decades. Lots of Hispanics. The area got worse with every influx of more: homes previously cared for by a mixed population falling apart because the new people either didn't care or know how or could afford to keep up the neighborhood. Democrats made this much worse when they made the sub-prime rate fiasco which saw way more people borrowing for a house who in no way could maintain that house! Homes with pools were even worse. Clouds of mosquitoes started breeding in neglected pools. Drug trafficking soared. It got so miserable in just a decade under a Democrat that dad packed up the entire family and we moved out of state to a Republican one.


    Trump is pro-military and by that I mean a military that is there to protect us rather than to subjugate us. Had several relatives and my own dad serve. It was not a fun time for the family for much the same reasons the families of police and fire fighters have a harder time coping: you live in a background state of constant dread. In all my years in California I never had an issue with the police. Nor did any of my relatives (save for the ones who were thieves ) The biggest interaction was when one drugged-out relative came over brandishing a gun and the police officer that arrived very professionally handled the situation without any shots fired. I have nothing but respect for their profession while also knowing that bad officers exist just like there are bad people in any position...part of the human race.

    Democrats keep telling me Trump is racist. Honestly, I've looked and can't find any basis for this other than the accusations themselves.

    As stated above, Democrats keep telling me I'll suffer financially from Republicans. Yet my family has suffered primarily from either Democrat 'nanny' policies and from Republican Rhinos. (By the way, I don't think of myself as a Republican. I would vote Libertarian if only the Libertarian Party would actually get a libertarian-minded candidate. )

    I believe that life is something to be treasured as part of God's personality (Creator) so am horrified by the practices of abortionists for the same reason I'm horrified by any murder. Trump is pro-life while the Democratic Party seems hell-bent on making me pay for what I consider outright murder.

    I believe in the right to arms (2nd Amendment) as a way not only for those not vegan as I am to procure food and protect themselves from criminals if they desire that method, but also to protect all America from a future government that wants to subjugate all of us as has been done in places like Nazi Germany and current China. If the general populace can't protect themselves from a vile turn in their government/military then eventually they are doomed to live under a totalitarian regime. Also, the worst crimes seem to take place in 'gun-free' zones. That rather supports my argument. I never feel more unsafe as when I enter a building that denies my fellows to carry. Its like a market for criminals/psychos.

    Trump is anti-climate change hysteria. I've been living under a state of people trying to scare me with nature-caused doomsday scenarios for so long (It's The Coming Great Freeeeeze! Killer Bees! Africa Wiped Out By Aids By 1990! Global Warming!) for so long I've gone meh to it all. Besides, non-politics linked scientists have debunked it. Climate change is seasonal change and changes in Sol that have gone on since it existed. Siberia was once prairie land thousands of years before rudimentary 'civilization', and so forth. Also, the ones who cry climate change are hypocrites with their private jet planes and multiple homes. Give me a break.

    Truly the only thing I can think of where I don't like Trump is that he spends too much. This has been epidemic with far too many politicians on both sides of the aisle for far too many years. My family strives to live within their means even if it means luxuries and entertainment are limited. (I buy the occasional comic book but haven't been to a theater or a restaurant since the early 1990's. Video Games? What are video games?) We buy nearly all our clothing from Thrift stores, DIY as much as possible. Keep an Emergency Fund. Just gave up cable TV for an Amazon Firestick for mom in order to feed the cats decent food --with mom's okay since she was pretty much the sole watcher of TV. Only use a credit card when you already have cash on hand put aside to pay off the full amount right away let alone by the due date.) Why can't the governments do this? Live within your means. Borrow only when critically necessary. Give to charity but don't take from it unless there is NO other way so it is available for those who must have it for a time. We were disgusted when the National Debt hit a Trillion. Now it goes up that amount every year. Good lord!

    I also resent being called a racist for not liking Obama. I didn't like Obama because he was black. I could care less. (Star Trek Classic fan who loved the Andorian's blue skin.) I disliked him because he disliked America for its faults as if it only had faults and no virtues. I loathe his Obamacare and how it raised prices and made my dad lose his doctor and cancer medication right when he needed it most. (Because of Obamacare he could not get it for seven months while on it he was getting better. He died just four months later.

    Trump has faults. He's no saint. But neither are any of the Democrats (or the Libertarians, or Green Party, or you or me.) I like most of his policies where I really dislike most (all?) Democrat policies. I hate that they are trying to steal back the election (Impeachment) and call me 'despicable' while all the eight years under Obama we were expected to be nice because 'Obama was duly elected so tolerate it.) Expectations of civility with Democrat politicians seem only to exist when they get their way.

    Democrats love socialism/communism to the extent that they want no other. I've lived watching other countries with these kinds of systems and I've listened to the escaped victims of them tell their tales. I've watched modern videos come out of Venezuela and China. Capitalism is not paradise but it is a sight better than anything else out there. Trump is pro-Capitalism. The Democrats are not save for two candidates and look how the others reacted to them the last debate. The Tolerance Party isn't terribly tolerant, is it? Makes me think of early on Hitler and his Brown Shirts shutting down opposite opinions let alone acts before they rose to power.

    As it stands now I'm voting for Trump even if the economy gets worse because if it gets worse it will likely be from either outside factors such as the current virus crisis (created and made worse by a communist country) that no President would have control over.

    So, yes, I'm voting for the Orange Man again. The only difference this time is that I'm happily voting for him. The opposite side just looks too darn scary. Acts too darn scary.

    P.S. forgot to mention: TWO, TWO State of the Union addresses where Trump gave statistics of improvement for Hispanics and Blacks. The Democrat side of the aisle was stone faced. Only the Arizona senator clapped. That spoke volumes about the Democratic Party leaders.
    You say Democrats "tell you" Trump is racist? If you can't see for yourself what birtherism was and the absolute lies and racist underpinnings he used to sustain it then that's willful ignoring the facts. He calls NFL players(mostly black) who kneel to peacefully protest racial injustice "Sons of bitches" who should be fired. But, just yesterday hes tweeting about "dirty cops" who prosecute his corrupt friends and staff for actual crimes. He pardoned racist Sherrif Arpaio who was convicted of ignoring legal orders to stop racially profiling and arresting people because he "thinks" they might be here illegally (or they have brown skin). That isn't "Democrats" or "the media" telling me anything thats what he actually did. He pardoned what he values. Which is racism.

    The central park 5, now the exonerated 5, he not only took out ads suggesting they be executed. But, even when they were found to be innocent by DNA evidence he still was unapologetic and suggesting they were guilty of "something" despite no evidence and despite them winning settlement for their wrongful convictions.

    Not to mention he just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to a known racist with a history of public racist comments ANYONE can see for themselves.

    Supporting him is one thing, but anyone suggesting he isn't racist or that people rightfully saying he is are being manipulated or something rather than seeing what he literally says and does is ignoring reality.

  15. #9165
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Are we allowing this kind of hate speech on the board or nah?
    It's okay because he likes Star Trek and something about blue aliens.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •