Page 613 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 15526
  1. #9181
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    I know this may sound crazy to you, but it's possible for us to make our own decisions and do our own research outside the hive-mind. We don't have to live our entire lives as victims. We have autonomy and some of us have the will to exercise it. I'm as entitled to my opinion and conclusions as you are to yours.
    Sure. But if you need support because you are victimized I'll be around.

    I don't agree with you at all, that doesn't mean I don't realize POC are still linked in the country regardless of personal politics.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-21-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  2. #9182
    Incredible Member 4saken1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Are we allowing this kind of hate speech on the board or nah?
    TBH, despite how ignorant the entire post was, I think Kyer meant 'I didn't dislike Obama because he was black'..
    Pull List: Ascender,Birthright,Black Hammer,DC Black Label,Critical Role,DCeased,Deadly Class,Goon,Hellboy,Lazarus,Low,Manifest Destiny,Moonshine,Outcast,Redneck,Sex Criminals,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant.

  3. #9183
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    TBH, despite how ignorant the entire post was, I think Kyer meant 'I didn't dislike Obama because he was black'..
    That's what I assumed, the follow up to that about the blue alien was the part that did me in.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  4. #9184
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Sure. And if you need support if you are victimized I'll be around.

    I don't agree with you at all, that doesn't mean I don't realize POC are still linked in the country regardless of personal politics.
    I genuinely appreciate that. Peace. Glad to be civil!

  5. #9185
    Incredible Member 4saken1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    You say Democrats "tell you" Trump is racist? If you can't see for yourself what birtherism was and the absolute lies and racist underpinnings he used to sustain it then that's willful ignoring the facts. He calls NFL players(mostly black) who kneel to peacefully protest racial injustice "Sons of bitches" who should be fired. But, just yesterday hes tweeting about "dirty cops" who prosecute his corrupt friends and staff for actual crimes. He pardoned racist Sherrif Arpaio who was convicted of ignoring legal orders to stop racially profiling and arresting people because he "thinks" they might be here illegally (or they have brown skin). That isn't "Democrats" or "the media" telling me anything thats what he actually did. He pardoned what he values. Which is racism.

    The central park 5, now the exonerated 5, he not only took out ads suggesting they be executed. But, even when they were found to be innocent by DNA evidence he still was unapologetic and suggesting they were guilty of "something" despite no evidence and despite them winning settlement for their wrongful convictions.

    Not to mention he just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to a known racist with a history of public racist comments ANYONE can see for themselves.

    Supporting him is one thing, but anyone suggesting he isn't racist or that people rightfully saying he is are being manipulated or something rather than seeing what he literally says and does is ignoring reality.
    Not to mention that he actively lied and told minorities that he didn't have any vacancies for rent in properties that he owned.
    Pull List: Ascender,Birthright,Black Hammer,DC Black Label,Critical Role,DCeased,Deadly Class,Goon,Hellboy,Lazarus,Low,Manifest Destiny,Moonshine,Outcast,Redneck,Sex Criminals,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant.

  6. #9186
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since the entire paragraph lays out that what you quoted is not actually the case?

    "Hate Speech..." is not what it is. It is a description of what the accuser thinks forum member Kyer believes.
    Maybe if she had followed it with "I couldn't care less" instead of "could care less" I would have considered it a typo. Two sentences in a row that Obama's race mattered to her and made her dislike him is a little too many typos.

    Maybe Freudian slips?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  7. #9187
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    I genuinely appreciate that. Peace. Glad to be civil!
    Just because I'm flippant and kind of a dick doesn't mean I don't actually care about people.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  8. #9188
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, we knew in this particular case. It came up plain as day.
    As much was we "know" from things people tell us who clearly aren't always telling the truth, sure.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  9. #9189
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Not to mention that he actively lied and told minorities that he didn't have any vacancies for rent in properties that he owned.
    The list could go on and on. And its been well documented. And no one needs to rely on "media" or "Democrats" for your information. His actual words, speeches, and policies can easily be seen by anyone obviously displaying his racism. His appointments, awards, pardons and other ACTIONS demonstrate he values other racists and will protect them with the power of his office and the U.S. Government.

    Again. You have to be willfully ignoring the obvious to claim otherwise.

    I have seen supporters at least be honest and admit it, but say they value other things more than caring about his racism. At least that is honest and operating in reality.

  10. #9190
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The list could go on and on. And its been well documented. And no one needs to rely on "media" or "Democrats" for your information. His actual words, speeches, and policies can easily be seen by anyone obviously displaying his racism. His appointments, awards, pardons and other ACTIONS demonstrate he values other racists and will protect them with the power of his office and the U.S. Government.

    Again. You have to be willfully ignoring the obvious to claim otherwise.

    I have seen supporters at least be honest and admit it, but say they value other things more than caring about his racism. At least that is honest and operating in reality.
    Which I find it surprising that some people are rushing to believe ANYTHING by posters who are obviously that dishonest.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  11. #9191
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Trump is anti-climate change hysteria. I've been living under a state of people trying to scare me with nature-caused doomsday scenarios for so long (It's The Coming Great Freeeeeze! Killer Bees! Africa Wiped Out By Aids By 1990! Global Warming!) for so long I've gone meh to it all. Besides, non-politics linked scientists have debunked it. Climate change is seasonal change and changes in Sol that have gone on since it existed. Siberia was once prairie land thousands of years before rudimentary 'civilization', and so forth. Also, the ones who cry climate change are hypocrites with their private jet planes and multiple homes. Give me a break.
    The reason you've lived in a world obsessed with climate change for decades is because it's been a problem for decades. The current outrage over climate change is BECAUSE people have known about it for decades, and chosen to do nothing. so as to reap the profits of the status quo. There are only a handful of scientists that don't hold up man-made climate change, people have been talking about long term pollution-based environmental problems for as long as they've understood pollution. Climate change is real, it's the consensus, it's happening and has been happening for longer than anyone has been alive.

    The people really effected by climate changed aren't the well-meaning but short-sighted celebrities or the corporate stooges trying to convince people that they're one of the good ones, it's young people. People that have inherited a problem that they never made and have spent their whole life watching anyone with the power to make things better dismiss them and their well-being in favor of personal profit. They've had the buck passed to them and they're mad. They should be mad. Because they get to watch the world burn and have no power to stop it, and they get spit in the face whenever they speak up.

  12. #9192
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Russian cyberwar activities continue. Facebook usually only reacts when third parties point out the networks to them:



    They could show up here. They already may have.
    Hmmm... I wanda.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  13. #9193
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Second day of massive DJI losses as the markets worry about Elizabeth Warren having become the de facto front runner in the Democratic primaries.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  14. #9194
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    This inability to formulate a coherent discussion without resorting to childish ad hominems is why you're going to lose again in 2020. That and the dozens of pages of constant in-fighting and lack of unity.
    Will any of the infighting matter once the Democrats have decided who to run against the Donald? Id have thought any sane Democrat would turn out to vote the ticket, even if the Dems ran Micky Mouse.

    I must admit one thing that does baffle me is number of times some candidates have a run at the Presidency...in British politics most politicians make just one, maybe two serious runs for the top job.

  15. #9195
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Will any of the infighting matter once the Democrats have decided who to run against the Donald? I’d have thought any sane Democrat would turn out to vote the ticket, even if the Dems ran Micky Mouse.

    I must admit one thing that does baffle me is number of times some candidates have a run at the Presidency...in British politics most politicians make just one, maybe two serious runs for the top job.
    I think of the remaining candidates, most can unite much of the party after the primaries. Bernie and Bloomberg cannot, there is too much bad blood.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •