Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
Progressives kick ass at that!

I love all these lame analogies though. It's as if people cant recognize that, yes, Democrats lie (nature of politics) but Republicans are on a whole different scale. Yeah, that dude slashing your tires is irritating....these other mother fuckers are trying to burn your house down, salt the earth, and frame you for doing it. Yeah, both criminal acts. Not in the same ballpark.

AJA is right, why cling to such an obvious false equivalency unless you are trying to make excuses?
I can't speak for thirty, but my point isn't making excuses for shit-heel Republicans--I think both parties are abysmal and personally hate both of them--but to challenge the ridiculous assertion that flat-out lying one out of every four things a person talks about isn't habitual lying. Anyone claiming that it isn't habitual is just being willfully ignorant and letting their party loyalty blind them in a really glaringly obvious (and sad) way.

I find it impossible to believe that if any of you knew a person in real life who lies 24% of everything he says, that you wouldn't call him a habitual liar (or something much worse, really.) That's a monumental amount of lies. The fact that this is even being debated is stunning to me, and in any other context we'd all be in complete agreement, but because the subject is the Democrats, suddenly it's okay to lie constantly. Alrighty then.