Page 352 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 17573

From Slate (no links from phone).

Black man has police called on him by bank for attempting to deposit check.....for racial discrimination settlement.

You can't make this stuff up. Some skits on SNL and Chappell's Show seemed more realistic than this thing that actually happened.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I go away for a few hours and everyone is still going on and on and on and on about this stuff. Meanwhile, Trump pretty much copying Star Fleet's logo for Space Force and Pompeo's explosion at a reporter is just getting buried.

Is anyone else noticing this **** or are we just somehow still wrapped up in internal squabbles to care about this insanity?
    Honestly it's just a new absurdity every day. Most of us already made up our decisions on Trump, it's more interesting to figure out how to get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From Slate (no links from phone).

Black man has police called on him by bank for attempting to deposit check.....for racial discrimination settlement.

You can't make this stuff up. Some skits on SNL and Chappell's Show seemed more realistic than this thing that actually happened.
    I saw that on twitter. Dude's gonna get another check and I hope he deposits it in that bank, then immediately closes his account and goes to another. :P

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I saw that on twitter. Dude's gonna get another check and I hope he deposits it in that bank, then immediately closes his account and goes to another. :P
    I had the same thing happen to me but they didn't call the cops -- it was a Wells Fargo check and the Wells Fargo bank still wouldn't accept it.

Went to another location -- where the manager was a woman who was a person of color -- and they couldn't have been nicer about cashing it.

Thanks to her, despite their past issues I still have an account with them today.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

"Human Rights Campaign president rips Sanders's embrace of Rogan endorsement"

"The president of the Human Rights Campaign criticized Sen. Bernie Sanders for embracing an endorsement by popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan.

Alphonso David said Friday that while Sanders has been “unabashedly supportive” of LGBTQ rights, he found it “disappointing” that the campaign chose to accept Rogan’s backing, pointing to the comedian’s past comments on the transgender community and people of color.

“Bernie Sanders has run a campaign unabashedly supportive of the rights of LGBTQ people. Rogan, however, has attacked transgender people, gay men, women, people of color and countless marginalized groups at every opportunity,” he wrote in a statement.

“Given Rogan’s comments, it is disappointing that the Sanders campaign has accepted and promoted the endorsement,” David added. “The Sanders campaign must reconsider this endorsement and the decision to publicize the views of someone who has consistently attacked and dehumanized marginalized people.”

David’s comments come after Sanders on Thursday promoted a viral clip of Rogan endorsing him."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...an-endorsement

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I mean how hard is it for Bernie to literally say "I dont agree nor want him on my side" on a video and not lose minority votes ?
    Because I'm a minority and he hasn't lost my vote...

Also, Here's the most nuanced take I saw today.

We turn away MILLIONS, because he's not the right type of ally...

How rich of the HRC to be disappointed by all this.

The HRC has endorsed Republican candidates over Democrats, and in 2018 they didn't endorse the progressive bisexual woman over the straight establishment candidate. In 2016, they continued endorsing the Republican after Mark Kirk made a racist comment to Tammy Duckworth.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I go away for a few hours and everyone is still going on and on and on and on about this stuff. Meanwhile, Trump pretty much copying Star Fleet's logo for Space Force and Pompeo's explosion at a reporter is just getting buried.

Is anyone else noticing this **** or are we just somehow still wrapped up in internal squabbles to care about this insanity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We're noticing.
    Definitely noticing. Who needs Russian bots to screw up a Democratic primary when you have die-hard Berners who'll do it for free?

There are multiple stories of more import, but the only talk is flailing attempts to rebut criticism of Sen. Sanders, making it the Streisand Effect by proxies.

Meanwhile:

Impeachment trial where Schiff and the Democratic managers have done a masterful job for 3 days straight.
    Pompeo blowing up at a reporter like a loon.
    Mike Pence getting snubbed by Prince Charles.
    Betsy DeVos comparing abortion to slavery.
    Australian wildfires and the fallout.
    Greta Thunberg continues to impress speaking to the world on climate change.
    Brazil is gearing up attacks on journalists.

Like... all of that is happening. But there's apparently a major issue with myopia going on.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-24-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Biden blatantly lied about Social Security at Iowa's Black & Brown Forum this week:

Q: "Do you think it's fair though for voters to question your commitment to Social Security when in the past you've proposed a freeze to it?"

Biden: "No, I didn't propose a freeze."

"You did."

https://twitter.com/ahylton26/status...39167678087169
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Because I think it's telling when many Sanders supporters will accept or defend Rogan, but attack Biden at nearly every opportunity.

Something which you are more than welcome to disagree with.
    You still never answered any of the questions I asked you, so it's all good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You still never answered any of the questions I asked you, so it's all good.
    Yeah I did.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Definitely noticing. Who needs Russian bots to screw up a Democratic primary when you have die-hard Berners who'll do it for free?

There are multiple stories of more import, but the only talk is flailing attempts to rebut criticism of Sen. Sanders, making it the Streisand Effect by proxies.

Meanwhile:

Impeachment trial where Schiff and the Democratic managers have done a masterful job for 3 days straight.
    Schiff most likely made history with his presentation -- was really impressed by how well they all laid out their case.

One can only wonder what they could have done with all of the documentation and firsthand testimony that was denied to them.

Now we get to watch the Republicans claim there's no evidence based on their continued efforts to deny access to said evidence.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Meanwhile:

Pompeo blowing up at a reporter like a loon.
    Mike Pence getting snubbed by Prince Charles.
    Betsy DeVos comparing abortion to slavery.
    Australian wildfires and the fallout.
    Greta Thunberg continues to impress speaking to the world on climate change.
    Brazil is gearing up attacks on journalists.

Like... all of that is happening. But there's apparently a major issue with myopia going on.
    Audio tape of Trump yelling about getting rid of Ambassador
    A few cases of Cronovirus AKA Wuhan Flu were identified in US
    Massive Dust Clouds blanketing Australia
    34 members of the US Military suffered Traumatic Brain Injury from attack by Iran
    McConnell insisting that every Republican vote no for witnesses
    US Diplomat tells Japan to pay more for Security
    Jay Sekulow under investigation for his Christian Nonprofit
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yeah I did.

Schiff most likely made history with his presentation -- was really impressed by how well they laid out their case.

One can only wonder what they could have done with all of the documentation and firsthand testimony that was denied to them.
    I was particularly impressed with the performance of several Republicans - like Susan Collins... - to Schiff quoting the Trump confidant who said that Republicans who vote against Trump will have their heads on pikes. Like...”How DARE you quote one of our presidents flaks and the threat he issued to Republicans considering doing their actual job!! I WAS going to vote to impeach, but NOW...!”

It’s like the idiotic ‘campaign’ that tried to convince us that a whole bunch of twitter bots were actually longtime Democrats who left because of how mean Democrats are. *eyeroll*. Performative bullshit from the party responsible for locking up and killing ‘illegal’ children while claiming to be pro-life...

BANNED

"Three reasons Biden might keep deep African-American support"

"Much of Biden’s advantage with black voters has been attributed to his time serving under President Barack Obama, the nation’s first black president, but a closer look at the data suggests there are deeper connections as well.

Biden’s Southern edge certainly looks formidable. In South Carolina, surveys consistently have Biden ahead by double-digits. And numbers merged from all of this year’s NBC News/Wall Street Journal polls show how strong Biden is with African-American Democratic primary voters.

Overall, Biden has largely maintained a decent edge with Democratic primary voters. He’s at 29 percent in the merged polls among all primary voters, while his next closest competitor Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is 7 points behind at 22 percent. But Among African-American primary voters, the edge jumps to 38 points compared to his closest rival –- 50 percent for Biden to 12 percent for Warren.

That’s a massive margin with a group that is critical to any Democrat who wants the nomination. Exit polls in 2016 reported that African-Americans produced 61 percent of the primary vote in South Carolina, 71 percent in Mississippi and 51 percent in Georgia.

And the data show African-American voters stand out from the rest of the Democratic primary on a range of key factors -- factors that may push them toward Biden.

African-American Democratic primary voters also look different on age. They tend to be older than primary voters overall. Consider that only 18 percent of the African-American primary vote sits in the 18- to 34-year-old age group. That’s 9 points lower than all other Democratic primary voters. Meanwhile, 57 percent of African-American primary voters are in the 50-and-older age group which is 6 points higher than other Democratic primary voters.

Older voters are generally less eager to embrace big changes. And that leads to what may be the biggest difference between African-American primary voters and Democratic primary voters overall –- their ideology.

Among African-American primary voters, 61 percent label themselves as moderate or conservative. That’s 16 points higher than the rest of the Democratic primary electorate, whose moderate/conservative figure is 45 percent. And, as you might expect, black Democratic primary voters are much less likely to say they are ideologically “liberal.” Only 34 percent of those voters use that word to describe themselves. Among other Democratic primary voters, the number is 20 points higher, 54 percent.

Older, more conservative voters? That sounds a lot like the voters Democrats are trying to win back in the industrial Midwest –- the kind of voters that many analysts think are drawn to Joe Biden and his working-class Pennsylvania roots. When you think of it that way, is it really a surprise that African-American primary voters lean toward Biden?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...pport-n1090231
    Most of the people I know despise Biden. So I would really like to know who all these "Black Folk" are these media talking heads keep finding.

BTW thanks for answering, it took going back a mind numbing 4 pages of reading.

I still don't agree, because he does have plans to pay for it. But thanks for the reply.

BANNED

"Human Rights Campaign president rips Sanders's embrace of Rogan endorsement"

"The president of the Human Rights Campaign criticized Sen. Bernie Sanders for embracing an endorsement by popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan.

Alphonso David said Friday that while Sanders has been “unabashedly supportive” of LGBTQ rights, he found it “disappointing” that the campaign chose to accept Rogan’s backing, pointing to the comedian’s past comments on the transgender community and people of color.

“Bernie Sanders has run a campaign unabashedly supportive of the rights of LGBTQ people. Rogan, however, has attacked transgender people, gay men, women, people of color and countless marginalized groups at every opportunity,” he wrote in a statement.

“Given Rogan’s comments, it is disappointing that the Sanders campaign has accepted and promoted the endorsement,” David added. “The Sanders campaign must reconsider this endorsement and the decision to publicize the views of someone who has consistently attacked and dehumanized marginalized people.”

David’s comments come after Sanders on Thursday promoted a viral clip of Rogan endorsing him."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...an-endorsement
    HRC is know for Co-Opting the message from other people.

Nearly 100 Trans Advocates Pen Open Letter to Human Rights Campaign
    “We do not need a cisgender-led $40 million organization to copy our work and brand it as new.”

N. JAMIYLA CHISHOLM OCT 2, 2019 4:00PM ET

On Tuesday (October 1), Out published “An Open Letter to HRC From Trans Community Leaders,” which was penned by trans rights advocates who are “troubled” by the organization’s shift and includes nearly 100 signees.

“Trans people, and primarily Black trans leaders and trans leaders of color, have been leading the work for trans liberation since long before HRC existed. As new HRC president Alphonso David acknowledged to Out, our work in recent decades has more often been opposed and undermined by HRC rather than supported,” the collective wrote. “But we were surprised to read that David believes HRC’s role is ‘to come up with solutions and stand on the frontline to provide meaningful solutions for the transgender community.’”
    hThe Human Rights Campaign Is Proving Bernie Right
    By endorsing a Republican senator, the LGBT advocacy group has stirred deep resentment even among its supporters.
    By ERIC SASSON
    March 23, 2016

Earlier this month, the Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest LGBT civil rights organization, decided to endorse Republican Senator Mark Kirk of Illinois in his reelection bid over his opponent, Representative Tammy Duckworth, a Democrat.

On the surface, the move seems reasonable, and perhaps not even particularly controversial. Kirk has a solid if unspectacular voting record on LGBT issues—he scored a 78 percent positive rating on the organization’s “scorecard” for the 113th Congress from 2013 to 2015. As a non-profit organization, it is understandable that HRC would be interested in trying to remain above politics, and it has endorsed other Republican candidates who have supported LGBT causes in the past.

Surely, the logic goes, it would be in the best interests of the LGBT community to win over Republicans and ensure that LGBT equality is no longer a partisan issue. What could be wrong with making friends on both sides of the aisle?

This is what happens when people take Liberal and WOKE pearl clutching too far. You ignore the past of groups that today seem woke as hell.