Page 355 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455855 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 17573

Tim Robbins: Bernie Sanders Is the Best Shot We Have to Defeat Donald Trump

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/1/...rs_endorsement

"We continue our conversation with Academy Award-winning actor and director Tim Robbins, whose recent projects include the new film “Dark Waters” and a play about immigration called “The New Colossus.” He recently endorsed Vermont senator and Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders for president. “I believe he is the only one of them that can defeat Trump,” Robbins says."
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really an "Attack..." when it is what someone actually said and did.
    She also took it back.

cHRC.jpg

While I am at it, to those who claim the Rogan embrace will only hurt Sanders with people who hated him anyway:

This was a week and a half ago.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 01-25-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    She also took it back.

cHRC.jpg
    Sure. The same way she tried to get out of what she said about undocumented folks after it blew up in her face like an Acme kit.

You want to buy into that the person looking for a hand trying to get out of the quicksand they walked into is the one telling the truth?

That's your call to make.

The Biden Campaign Pushed Iowa Staffers to Drive in Dangerous Weather

Leaked messages show staffers worrying about their safety on Iowa’s icy roads.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...-car-accident/
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    The Biden Campaign Pushed Iowa Staffers to Drive in Dangerous Weather

Leaked messages show staffers worrying about their safety on Iowa’s icy roads.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...-car-accident/
    That is unacceptable and I hope Biden will have the people responsible fired.

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/115151...on-immigration

The disastrous, forgotten 1996 law that created today's immigration problem
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...grants/601579/

Bill Clinton Owes My Father an Apology

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh WBE-EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-kansa...002928404.html
    Tim Robbins: Bernie Sanders Is the Best Shot We Have to Defeat Donald Trump

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/1/...rs_endorsement

"We continue our conversation with Academy Award-winning actor and director Tim Robbins, whose recent projects include the new film “Dark Waters” and a play about immigration called “The New Colossus.” He recently endorsed Vermont senator and Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders for president. “I believe he is the only one of them that can defeat Trump,” Robbins says."
    Tim Robbins and his wife, Susan Sarandon, are great actors, but morons in liberal politics. They ended up throwing in their lot with Jill Stein four years ago, so I wouldn't brag about their endorsements in the primary right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Attempts to deflect and change the subject be like

whiplash.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Tim Robbins and his wife, Susan Sarandon, are great actors, but morons in liberal politics. They ended up throwing in their lot with Jill Stein four years ago, so I wouldn't brag about their endorsements in the primary right now.
    They live New York.

Jill Stein was a protest vote and it didn't cost anything because they live in a solid blue state.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

They live New York.

Jill Stein was a protest vote and it didn't cost anything because they live in a solid blue state.
    I don't know how many times I have to explain it to Bernie supporters...

But when you publicly endorse someone, or besmirch someone, YOU AFFECT OTHER VOTERS IN OTHER PLACES.

Like say, Michigan. Where enough Stein votes were cast to lose the state.

I don't know how many times I have to explain it to Bernie supporters...

But when you publicly endorse someone, or besmirch someone, YOU AFFECT OTHER VOTERS IN OTHER PLACES.

Like say, Michigan. Where enough Stein votes were cast to lose the state.
    You're assuming the people that voted for Stein were ever going to vote for Hillary.

Most third party voters only vote third party. They wouldn't show up if there wasn't a third party option.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

You're assuming the people that voted for Stein were ever going to vote for Hillary.

Most third party voters only vote third party. They wouldn't show up if there wasn't a third party option.
    You're assuming I'm not noticing this is the latest example of a Sanders supporter unable to accept any responsibility for ratf***ing 2016, and that it's not an obvious sign you're going to make the same errors to the detriment of the country and world.

Learn from your mistakes, ASAP, rather than defend them. Please and thank you.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Josh Miller, a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives and one of the biggest hypocrites you're ever going to find on the issues of government-assistance in regards to healthcare. You see, Miller managed to get himself in a drunk driving accident at the age of 22 where a pickup truck when tumbling off into a ravine that left his good friend dead, and himself paraplegic. Now, the bill for his recovery exceeded $1 million, but he got by because luckily the social safety net like Medicaid was there to catch him. And that's why it was baffling in February of 2014 to see Miller vote to block the Medicaid expansion in Arkansas, and deny tens of thousands of people the same hope that he once needed. If that wasn't enough to convince you Miller may have bonked his head tumbling down that ravine, he also is so pro-life that he supported a measure that would have required a criminal investigation whenever a mother had a miscarriage, voted for TRAP laws to attempt to close all the abortion clinics in Arkansas by deliberately enacting impossible-to-meet restrictions upon them, and is so hung up on guns that he voted to allow firearms on college campuses and inside churches (because Jesus wants people packing heat while they pray). Not to mention, Miller supports stricter Voter ID measures to combat the statistically non-existent problem of "voter fraud" that disenfranchises tens of thousands of voters, and used his paralysis as his justification, saying if he can get registered to vote, why can't naysayers?

And after trying to deny money to sick people in need by denying the Medicaid Expansion, perhaps it should be noted that Miller moved to amend Arkansas State Law so he could still keep his own government aid, even though he accepts rental payments (in other words, he still wants government assistance, even though he’s financially well off between his salary as a legislator, and what he earns renting properties). But if there was any chance that we were about to forget Josh Miller’s hypocrisy, that went out the window when he shared this delightful rant on Facebook regarding his vote against the Medicaid Expansion in April of 2016:

AR Works is the title of the new law and this is what it consists of.
    1. Continuing the Private Option. (A disaster of a program that has made a few insurance companies millions at the expense of future taxpayers.) The Private Option has also made it more difficult for our most vulnerable population (the recipients of traditional Medicaid) to find a doctor because more and more medical providers have stopped taking new Medicaid patients. They have opted to accept the state funded private insurance recipients because the insurance companies pay a little more than Medicaid. Doesn't sound too bad unless you're disabled and have to travel many miles away from home to find a doctor who will see you.
    2. Sending "Work Referrals" to able bodied individuals who make 0 income. This sounds like a novel idea until you hear more about it. This will consist of a pamphlet (no doubt mailed to those folks at the expense of the taxpayers) that will tell this population (over 100,000) where to go to get training on how to get a job. I'm sure this training will include instructions like these...
    A. Set your alarm
    B. Get out of bed
    C. Get dressed
    D. Go look for a job
    E. If offered a job, take it
    F. Do your best to do your job
    G. Repeat steps A, B, C, and F every day of your employment.
    I am not kidding about this. My feeling is that these adults (who are able bodied and healthy but are earning $000.00) don't want a job. Many of them have it figured out that they can stay unemployed and have their needs met by those who do believe in the principles of hard work. I'm sure that their lifestyle isn't what they might want it to be but, hey - they don't have to work 40+ hours a week to make ends meet like the taxpayers do. I honestly don't mind helping people who are trying to help themselves but I have a hard time giving the fruits of hard labor to those who CHOOSE to sit at home and do nothing
    .”
    In the past year, Miller has missed more votes than the average legislator in Arkansas, by far, and when he has shown up, he’s voted against legislation as extreme as a ban on abortion at 18 weeks.

There are no limits to this guy’s hypocrisy or lack of self-awareness, based on his own history. Josh Miller was re-elected in 2016 and 2018 based on the benefit that he ran unopposed. At this point, no one has filed to run against him in 2020, either, and he’s not term-limited in the Arkansas Legislature until 2028, so unless someone bothers running against him, he won’t be returning to being one of the people he hates so much living off of government checks. Pity, that.

You're assuming I'm not noticing this is the latest example of a Sanders supporter unable to accept any responsibility for ratf***ing 2016, and that it's not an obvious sign you're going to make the same errors to the detriment of the country and world.

Learn from your mistakes, ASAP, rather than defend them. Please and thank you.
    Blame the people that voted for Hillary in the primary.

They chose the worst candidate to run against Trump.

If you are so worried that we will cost the Democrats the election again if Bernie is the nominee, do your part and make sure Bernie Sanders is the nominee. Everything you're worried about can be prevented with a Sanders nomination.

You said you voted for Sanders in the primary last time. Good on you.

Now make sure everyone else does the same. Make sure they've learned from their mistake.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us