Page 1159 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1596591059110911491155115611571158115911601161116211631169 ... LastLast
Results 17,371 to 17,385 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Look at Warren. Was anyone really saying "Nope. That "Native American..." business and that you used to be a Republican are an issue!..."?
    Yes. They absolutely were. Sanders supporters lit every other candidate on fire for their past failings. This was one that was on the top of their list for her. And I firmly believe that Biden is merely trying to stop this from occurring to him.

Especially because the stuff at the University of Delaware--which he might have some sway over--is just his personal letters and documentation. This isn't even to mention that the stuff there hasn't even been fully processed yet. The important information is sitting in the National Archives.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/polit...ers/index.html
    Last edited by TheDarman; 04-30-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

If you're making these sorts of calculations, you have to realize that you have thrown away being viewed as "The Good Guys..." as soon as you seriously entertained doing so.

The idea that the solution is to avoid dealing with the past instead of facing it and trying to get right with folks seems sort of poorly thought through. Americans aren't so hard emotionally that they won't give folks who are actually trying to move towards doing the right thing a chance.

Look at Warren. Was anyone really saying "Nope. That "Native American..." business and that you used to be a Republican are an issue!..."?
    Yes. She got hit on that from both sides.

The fact that Biden has this over him didn't stop him from being the nominee, every candidate running in '20 had their own skeletons. If it wasn't him we'd be discussing Kamala's past as a prosecutor, Bernie being a "Communist" and so on. There is no perfect candidate.

This sure sounds like you are making the argument for that they should go over the allegation against Biden with a pretty big magnifying glass.
    I think that the media and press need to be the ones taking the lead on this. The Department of Justice, under Barr's leadership, seems more like a political arm of the Trump Administration than an actual organized branch designed to pursue equitable justice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Yes. They absolutely were. Sanders supporters lit every other candidate on fire for their past failings. This was one that was on the top of their list for her. And I firmly believe that Biden is merely trying to stop this from occurring to him.

Especially because the stuff at the University of Delaware--which he might have some sway over--is just his personal letters and documentation. This isn't even to mention that the stuff there hasn't even been fully processed yet. The important information is sitting in the National Archives.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/polit...ers/index.html
    I was(and am...) a Sanders supporter.

While I'm mostly kidding around, go back and find so much as one time where I did anything like "Lighting Warren On Fire..." over that.

If anything, I am fairly certain that I said to Tendrin that Warren was "Close Enough To Perfect..." and that I would vote for her in a snap(well, maybe I didn't exactly say "In A Snap...")

Never mind that neither Sanders or other Democrats running for the nomination never brought either of those things up as even remotely damning.

I was(and am...) a Sanders supporter.

While I'm mostly kidding around, go back and find so much as one time where I did anything like "Lighting Warren On Fire..." over that.

If anything, I am fairly certain that I said to Tendrin that Warren was "Close Enough To Perfect..." and that I would vote for her in a snap(well, maybe I didn't exactly say "In A Snap...")

Never mind that neither Sanders or other Democrats running for the nomination never brought either of those things up as even remotely damning.
    I would say that it might be worthwhile to peruse the sections of Twitter with a rose behind their name. You might find a lot of the things Steel and I are discussing located therein. Especially if we are to look at The Young Turks or Kyle Kulunski.

No supporters of any candidate are a monolith. And my guess is that you are like most of the vast majority of Bernie supporters who would've broken for Warren if it had come to that. However, it does seem like that was not the sentiment delivered by the more vocal supporters.

Of course, there were vocal supporters last night excoriating Chris Hayes for covering Reade's allegations and those were almost all universally Biden supporters. I don't believe that Hayes should be fired (though I would express my disappointment with him that he framed it as a he-said-she-said allegation at this time without corroborating or contrarian evidence). The small minority can be loud and I recognize this.

That being said, I think it is being a little disingenuous to insist that these things were never litigated in the primary. They were and Warren had to contend with them before the first debate occurred. By that point in the news cycle, especially with Trump being the way he is, we had moved far past this.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I see evidence that this is how they like to frame it, not that they really feel that way about it in their hearts of hearts. Your claim that this is an honest worry by them remains unproven.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Oh yay! We can just start ignoring the circumstantial discrepancies to smear Democrats as hypocrites! That didn’t take long at all.
    ... especially female Democrats.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have heard that one of Nevada's Senators is on his shortlist - Catherine Cortez Masto. Although despite her being from my state, I can't really say much about her.
    Her father was close friends with Harry Reid, so she probably could do great networking in the Democratic party. She spent two years as a criminal prosecutor, though, so carnation twitter would get #CatherineIsACop trending in a Moscow minute.

Hillary was right!

"Accusation" should lead right to "Investigation".
    Were you in favor of a Pizzagate investigation, too, then?

Hillary was right!

Republican Ken Turnage II, chairman of the Antioch, CA planning commission, is of the opinion that society should simply let Covid-19 kill the weak, elderly, homeless and others (he wasn’t quite specific on who the “others” might be).
    “We would have significant loss of life, we would lose many elderly, that would reduce burdens in our defunct Social Security System, health care cost (once the wave subsided), make jobs available for others and it would also free up housing in which we are in dire need of. We would lose a large portion of the people with immune and other health complications. I know it would be loved ones as well. But that would once again reduce our impact on medical, jobs, and housing
    https://tinyurl.com/y7rekm5y

And people wonder why republicans are all but extinct in CA.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-01-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Cities And States Request $1 Trillion In Coronavirus Aid, Says Pelosi

The best way Americans can support front-line community workers, Pelosi said, is to make sure they don’t lose their jobs to budget cuts.

U.S. Intelligence Agencies Conclude Coronavirus ‘Not Manmade’

The Office of the DNI said it was still examining an as-yet-unproven theory that the outbreak may have resulted from “an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.” Followed by this....

Trump Slights Intelligence Boss For Undermining China COVID-19 Theory

The president said he had “evidence” of a coronavirus-related conspiracy theory, then dissed his own acting intelligence director for casting doubt on it. Why give credence to some silly bullshit Trump made up?

Maryland’s GOP Governor Hid COVID-19 Test Kits So Feds Can’t Take Them

Gov. Larry Hogan said that the state’s National Guard is watching thousands of COVID-19 kits his state bought from South Korea. A damn shame it's come to this.

U.S. Employment Numbers Rocket Past 30 Million

The U.S. reported that 3.8 million laid-off workers applied for jobless benefits last week, raising the total to 30.3 million in the six weeks since the outbreak took hold.

Mike Pence Dons Mask For GM Tour After Mayo Clinic Backlash

The vice president wore a protective face mask and glasses on his tour of the GM facility in Indiana after facing criticism for not wearing a mask at the Mayo Clinic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...paign=trending

Eugenicist piece of ****

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...paign=trending

Jesus fucking Christ.

(Link is being destroyed by the board way btw)

Edit: Oddly, the word "California" is censored in the link.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 05-01-2020 at 03:20 AM.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ.

(Link is being destroyed by the board way btw)

Edit: Oddly, the word "California" is censored in the link.
    Changed the link

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

https://tinyurl.com/y7rekm5y

Remember, boys and girls, the GOP is the "Party of Life"!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!