Page 15 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Chick-Fil-A’s First UK Outlet To Close In 6 Months Following LGBTQ Protests

The Oracle, a British shopping center, announced last week it would not extend the fast food chain’s six-month lease. Good!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chick-Fil-A’s First UK Outlet To Close In 6 Months Following LGBTQ Protests

The Oracle, a British shopping center, announced last week it would not extend the fast food chain’s six-month lease. Good!
    Excellent, I'd heard it was getting shat on over here but it closing is wonderful. Bad for the employees of course, but the buisness is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Excellent, I'd heard it was getting shat on over here but it closing is wonderful. Bad for the employees of course, but the buisness is toxic.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'll admit I used to eat at Chick-Fil-A regularly, I especially loved their chicken salad sandwiches. But when I found out about their anti-LGBTQ stance several years ago, I dropped the chain like a live grenade. Speaking of the chain being toxic, they used to run TV ads which I saw often, but I haven't seen any for months now. Perhaps Madison Avenue got hip to the fact Chick-Fil-A is a bad bet with their all-too public homophobia and said "No thanks" to them.

I'll admit I used to eat at Chick-Fil-A regularly, I especially loved their chicken salad sandwiches. But when I found out about their anti-LGBTQ stance several years ago, I dropped the chain like a live grenade. Speaking of the chain being toxic, they used to run TV ads which I saw often, but I haven't seen any for months now. Perhaps Madison Avenue got hip to the fact Chick-Fil-A is a bad bet with their all-too public homophobia and said "No thanks" to them.
    I just starting to see their ads up here in the NYC Metro area this year, which surprised me since I didn't think there were any or many Chick-Fil-A's in the area. I guess they are trying to break into this market. Gonna be hard for them to compete.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Reading a bit about Indiana's Republican AG facing down multiple charges of sexual assault.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ar/4064104002/

It's on-brand for the Trump-era GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just starting to see their ads up here in the NYC Metro area this year, which surprised me since I didn't think there were any or many Chick-Fil-A's in the area. I guess they are trying to break into this market. Gonna be hard for them to compete.
    They seem to be doing okay.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/30/what...ick-fil-a.html

Every Chick-Fil-A I've seen in New York has longer lines than any other fast-food place in the area.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I only know of three locations which I used to visit: One Liberty Place food court in downtown Philly, King of Prussia Mall food court and near Moorestown Mall in South Jersey. The downtown Philly location is always busy with crazy long lines at lunchtime.

If i really wanted a chicken sandwich, I'd probably go to KFC.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Uganda has not recently passed any bill that makes it OK to kill gay people. A politician said he wants to do something, but the rest of the government said they weren't.

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019...the-gays-bill/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    JUST IN: Hong Kong legislature formally withdraws extradition bill that sparked mass protests

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1186899789037887488
    This already happened more than a month ago, not sure why it's being reported as breaking news now. And in any event, it didn't change the situation on the ground one bit, because the bill was never really the real issue but just a pretext. This whole movement just smells fishy as hell though, between the nauseating appeals to colonial nostalgia, pro-Trump signs and Pepe memes, and endless conspiracy theories about supposed police murders that turned out to be false. None of this stuff would fly were it happening here, or in any country that people weren't already predisposed to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    This already happened more than a month ago, not sure why it's being reported as breaking news now. And in any event, it didn't change the situation on the ground one bit, because the bill was never really the real issue but just a pretext. This whole movement just smells fishy as hell though, between the nauseating appeals to colonial nostalgia, pro-Trump signs and Pepe memes, and endless conspiracy theories about supposed police murders that turned out to be false. None of this stuff would fly were it happening here, or in any country that people weren't already predisposed to hate.
    Oh brother.

HONG KONG -- The Hong Kong government formally withdrew a controversial extradition bill on Wednesday, following months of social unrest and political turmoil that have upended the city's normally peaceful image.
    The secretary for security, John Lee Ka-chiu, made the announcement before lawmakers in the chamber of the Legislative Council. The move meets one of the five demands by anti-government demonstrators, who are also calling for the resignation of Chief Executive Carrie Lam.
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Ho...tradition-bill

So it sounds like you're confused between Carrie Lam /saying./ she would do it and it actually happening.

In the meantime, Honk Kong dissidents will be breathing a sigh of relief that the Chinese government can not legally disappear them to the mainland, as has happened to others.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-23-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Mitch McConnell Contradicts Trump’s Claim They Spoke About His Ukraine Call

The president said the Senate majority leader spoke with him and called it “the most innocent phone call he’s read.” Did Moscow Mitch roll Trump under the bus? Sure looks like it.

Moscow Mitch has the omnipotent survivability that can outclass even the toughest of NYC cockroaches. He will joyfully hurl his family under a bus to live another 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Uganda has not recently passed any bill that makes it OK to kill gay people. A politician said he wants to do something, but the rest of the government said they weren't.

Note he said announced, not passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Note he said announced, not passed.
    Thank you, jetengine. Now I'm just left wondering what horrible conservative causes Mets won't reflexively defend.