Page 79 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 17573

In a positive update, the security assistant got his job back.

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/ed...home-top-story
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I don't mind so much Bloomberg entering the Democratic primary, but I really don't want him running as an Independent if he loses the Democratic nomination.
    Yeah, that's the biggest threat. I don't see why he thinks he should run, but if you're Elizabeth Warren I don't see how this is anything but a good thing for her candidacy.

There won't be a single Warren supporter that defects to him. (I'm not sure how many will defect at all, but it sure won't be from Warren)

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yeah, that's the biggest threat. I don't see why he thinks he should run, but if you're Elizabeth Warren I don't see how this is anything but a good thing for her candidacy.

There won't be a single Warren supporter that defects to him. (I'm not sure how many will defect at all, but it sure won't be from Warren)
    I like Bloomberg, I like his advocacy relating to Climate Change, and he seems more ethical than most wealthy people. However, he is a businessman and that carries it's own liabilities. We don't really need someone like that. Trump has shown that mixing business and politics can be devastating.

If the only choice was Bloomberg or Trump, I'd go with Bloomberg. But if it a choice between Warren, Bloomberg, or Trump, I'd go with Warren.

Note that, I still haven't fully made up my mind yeta s to who I will vote for. I know better who I wouldn't vote for.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

When Bloomberg advocates a wealth tax and Medicare 4 All, I'll consider him. Until then, I'll pass. He was an okay Mayor, but was way too favorable towards the weathiest New Yorkers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Secret chats involving Republican lawmaker reveal fresh evidence of plots and paranoia

Leaked Signal messages from an online chat network around six-term Washington state Republican representative Matt Shea show new evidence of violent fantasies, surveillance of perceived adversaries, conspiracy thinking, Islamophobia, and support for white nationalists.
    The messages from the chat group, exchanged between October 2017 and October 2018, show Shea’s network includes other serving, former and aspiring rightwing politicians from Idaho and Washington, alongside activists associated with militia groups, anti-environmental causes, and pro-gun activism.

They also show participants, including Shea, preparing for economic and societal collapse even as they campaign for the secession of eastern Washington from the remainder of the state.

The messages provide a rare insight into the inner workings – and paranoia – of the so-called patriot movement, whose members have participated in standoffs with the federal government in Nevada and Oregon, and whose far-right beliefs have been controversially promoted by Shea.

Lindsay Schubiner, a program director at the progressive Western States Center, said of the chats: “The chat messages reveal Shea acting more like a militia leader than an elected official. His conspiratorial and violent mindset are on full display. If it was not already clear, Shea has demonstrated that he is unfit for public office. Now it’s time for his colleagues in the Washington house of representatives to hold him accountable.”

Shea is currently under investigation by the Washington state house after reporting on his activities by the Guardian and local media outlets.

Trump is on TV talking again....TV on mute until the News Anchors come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I like Bloomberg, I like his advocacy relating to Climate Change, and he seems more ethical than most wealthy people. However, he is a businessman and that carries it's own liabilities. We don't really need someone like that. Trump has shown that mixing business and politics can be devastating.

If the only choice was Bloomberg or Trump, I'd go with Bloomberg. But if it a choice between Warren, Bloomberg, or Trump, I'd go with Warren.

Note that, I still haven't fully made up my mind yeta s to who I will vote for. I know better who I wouldn't vote for.
    Without reservation or hesitation, I'd consider (still thinking on it) voting for (in Alphabetical order) one of the following:

• Michael Bennet
    • Joe Biden
    • Cory Booker
    • Pete Buttigieg
    • Julián Castro
    • Kamala Harris
    • Amy Klobuchar
    • Elizabeth Warren

If someone other than one of the above won the primary, I'd still vote Democrat, but I probably won't be as enthusiastic about it.

Which Democrats Are Leading the 2020 Presidential Race?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump is on TV talking again....TV on mute until the News Anchors come on.
    That's the only way to deal with Caramel Caligula.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Memo to Bloomberg: Democratic Voters Don’t Want More Candidates

The billionaire might find a lane in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, but it’s hard to see where. Now it's the Democrats who have the crowded clown car, and it's just as ridiculous now as when the GOP did it in 2016.

More Details Emerge From Tell-All Book By Anonymous White House Official

The author of “A Warning” claims that senior Trump officials once considered resigning en masse in defiance of the president, The Washington Post reports. Makes me wonder why they didn't. What did they have to lose from walking away from that dumpster fire?

How A Gang Of Angry Teachers Beat Kentucky’s Donald Trump

Frustrated educators “always believed we could shock the world” by ousting Gov. Matt Bevin. But “it was still kind of shocking when we did it.” Quite a remarkable thing indeed.

Pete Buttigieg Pitches Himself As The Obama Of 2020

The South Bend, Indiana, mayor is rising in Iowa. Can he replicate the 44th president’s magic? I have no idea, I doubt anyone does, but, I guess we'll all find out, one way or another.

Alex Jones Can’t Stop Losing Court Battles Against Sandy Hook Parents

Judges have ruled against the Infowars host multiple times over the last three months and he’s on his seventh lawyer. This warms the very cockles of my heart.
    So I have to know what happened to Jones' first six lawyers. Is it like Henry VIII's wives? You know, resigned, fired, died, resigned, fired, survived.

I like Bloomberg's advocacy regarding gun control, but it is awfully suspicious that he announces his campaign right after all the billionaires start panicking over Warren's tax proposals.

BANNED

I like Bloomberg's advocacy regarding gun control, but it is awfully suspicious that he announces his campaign right after all the billionaires start panicking over Warren's tax proposals.
    The really silly thing is, most billionaires have way more money than they could ever spend and only care about their net worth for the sake of the dick measuring contest with all their billionaire friends. So if everyone's getting taxed at the same rate, it won't actually change their relative status at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The really silly thing is, most billionaires have way more money than they could ever spend and only care about their net worth for the sake of the dick measuring contest with all their billionaire friends. So if everyone's getting taxed at the same rate, it won't actually change their relative status at all.
    And most of them could pay that tax with money sitting idle in off-shore accounts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And most of them could pay that tax with money sitting idle in off-shore accounts.
    Yeah, they could, but, the thing is....they don't want to. The rich, especially the super rich are all about hoarding their obscene wealth while paying only the bare minimum in taxes, and that's only when they can't get away with paying no taxes at all. To them, Warren is a worse menace than Trump could ever be, even if he burned the Constitution on live TV and declared himself dictator for life.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I agree with your suspicion. The talk has been that Warren's history as a consume advocate makes Wall Street and the Mega Banks nervous.

New York City has the largest concentration of billoniares in the world and I doubt it's a coincidence that the former Mayor has decided to throw his hat into the ring.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe