Page 312 of 604 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 9046
  1. #4666
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Hillary's right though, Bernie Bros are the problem with Bernie but she's wrong in holding a grudge.

  2. #4667
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hillary's right though, Bernie Bros are the problem with Bernie but she's wrong in holding a grudge.
    Hillary supporters did more to hurt Obama. Hillary held out longer. Hillary creates attacks that Republicans used for his entire term. The current President co-opted one of Hillary’s smears against him to gain traction politically.

    She is dangerous. Bernie Bros are a scapegoat because some people can’t handle that they lost and can’t accept responsibility

  3. #4668
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hillary supporters did more to hurt Obama. Hillary held out longer. Hillary creates attacks that Republicans used for his entire term. The current President co-opted one of Hillary’s smears against him to gain traction politically.

    She is dangerous. Bernie Bros are a scapegoat because some people can’t handle that they lost and can’t accept responsibility
    My irony meter blew up right there.

  4. #4669
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hillary's right though, Bernie Bros are the problem with Bernie but she's wrong in holding a grudge.
    That paragraph Hillary has about Bernie....I can't take any issue with that. Insofar as it lists facts, it's accurate and insofar as it communicates perception it certainly seems accurate.

    However, as you say, the grudge is totally unjustified. Swallow your pride and say you'll support him, even if it's only a vote.

  5. #4670
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    My irony meter blew up right there.
    I’m completely fine saying Bernie lost. I never disputed it. You guys just can’t handle when people bring up that it wasn’t an entirely clean primary

  6. #4671
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That paragraph Hillary has about Bernie....I can't take any issue with that. Insofar as it lists facts, it's accurate and insofar as it communicates perception it certainly seems accurate.

    However, as you say, the grudge is totally unjustified. Swallow your pride and say you'll support him, even if it's only a vote.
    This. Her comments are not needed right now its dumb and trump and fox news will use it for their own means to say "Dems are divided"

    The majority of us want Trump gone period. I would absolutely vote for Bernie or Biden/Warren to get rid of Trump period. And most people would.

    She needs to use Obama's playbook. Support the Dem tickets it isn't necessary for her to openly attack and endorse the Dem candidates at all. She lost it happened don't help trump by igniting the hate people have for her and tying any Dem candidate with that.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-21-2020 at 01:03 PM.

  7. #4672
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    My irony meter blew up right there.
    Not really:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ake/ar-BBZbF70

    Calls for unity mean nothing if they do not apply to everyone, otherwise it is one side demanding the other side completely submit, I am fine with a compromise, but it needs to be an actual compromise and the establishment types of have shown no willingness to do so.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 01-21-2020 at 01:07 PM.

  8. #4673
    Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hillary's right though, Bernie Bros are the problem with Bernie but she's wrong in holding a grudge.
    You expect anything different from sociopath Hilary? She only cares about personal power. Thus why she was willing to overlook her rapist and serial cheater husband because she rode his coattails to power. She has always been a vindictive person. People are just so deranged over Trump in 2016 that they can't see that she is just as bad.

    Bernie I think is a decent person. Utterly unrealistic on policy but I'd have taken him without hesitation over Clinton back in 2016 if I had been forced to vote for one or the other.

  9. #4674
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,657

    Default

    Collins pushed through 3 changes. More time for opening statements, most testimony time, and full House impeachment articles and transcripts read into the record.

    She's also pushing for a witness list and subpoena of documents for evidence.

    Appears that Collins has broken with her party.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #4675
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Collins pushed through 3 changes. More time for opening statements, most testimony time, and full House impeachment articles and transcripts read into the record.

    She's also pushing for a witness list and subpoena of documents for evidence.

    Appears that Collins has broken with her party.
    Shes fake. She knows shes in a perilous position being the constant linchpin to Mitch's bs and caving. Its easy for her to do that when there is no chance GOP will convict anyway.

    She can say she tried and use it to campaign.

    A little Susan Collins satire from the New Yorker :Susan Collins takes hours to decide on lunch before ordering exactly what Mitch McConnell is having
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-21-2020 at 01:43 PM.

  11. #4676
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    19,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Collins pushed through 3 changes. More time for opening statements, most testimony time, and full House impeachment articles and transcripts read into the record.

    She's also pushing for a witness list and subpoena of documents for evidence.

    Appears that Collins has broken with her party.
    I’m skeptical. Madam Pearl Clutcher has done similar shit like this before, only to end up toeing the party line like she’s always done. I expect nothing different this time.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  12. #4677

    Default

    Goddamn, the Democrats' impeachment managers are so f'n ready for this.

    Meanwhile, Trump's legal counsel look like they're just going to shout until they cry like common Kavanaughs.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  13. #4678
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I’m completely fine saying Bernie lost. I never disputed it. You guys just can’t handle when people bring up that it wasn’t an entirely clean primary
    It was a clean primary. Everything the Democrats did in favoring Hillary (which they are absolutely entitled to do) actually FAVORED Bernie even more.

    So, yes, the irony is there. Bernie got his ass handed to him even after the Dems cleared the slate for him to run (thus giving him the second most vocal platform on the party by a landslide), gave him the party infrastructure he never earned, and allowed him to continue well after he was already beat. You absolutely still "dispute" it with nonsense.

    The "Bernie Got Screwed!" argument is false. And stupid. And Trumpian. When you bring it up you roll all of it together and endorse a stupid, false, Trump-like whine. Bernie got screwed out of nothing and the primary was absolutely clean and run EXACTLY how it was meant to.

  14. #4679
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Not really:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ake/ar-BBZbF70

    Calls for unity mean nothing if they do not apply to everyone, otherwise it is one side demanding the other side completely submit, I am fine with a compromise, but it needs to be an actual compromise and the establishment types of have shown no willingness to do so.
    As I said, she's wrong.

    But a Bernie Idol Worshipper who says "can't accept they lost and look for scapegoats" and then constantly mentions the 2016 primary is trying to make irony meters explode with hilarity.

  15. #4680
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It was a clean primary. Everything the Democrats did in favoring Hillary (which they are absolutely entitled to do) actually FAVORED Bernie even more.

    So, yes, the irony is there. Bernie got his ass handed to him even after the Dems cleared the slate for him to run (thus giving him the second most vocal platform on the party by a landslide), gave him the party infrastructure he never earned, and allowed him to continue well after he was already beat. You absolutely still "dispute" it with nonsense.

    The "Bernie Got Screwed!" argument is false. And stupid. And Trumpian. When you bring it up you roll all of it together and endorse a stupid, false, Trump-like whine. Bernie got screwed out of nothing and the primary was absolutely clean and run EXACTLY how it was meant to.
    This is called missing the forest for the trees. If Bernie was not allowed to run as a Democrat, he would have been forced to run as an independent. If he ran as an independent, we wouldn’t need an election, the Republicans would have a guaranteed win. It benefitted the Democrats far more to have him confined to their process where they could control him and not have someone destroying the election for them. You yourself would have cried bloody murder if that happened, so don’t try to trick people.

    It’s well documented that the primary itself was skewed in favor of Hillary. It takes a lot of ego to call people Trumpian when you deny blatant facts because they are inconvenient to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •