Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Surely the progressive wing can do better than Nina Turner? Abrams is from Bernie's own wing, btw - she's a candidate Our Revolution supported in '18. AOC is too young and would likely be controversial among the left because she disagree with Sanders decisions in the primaries.

Edit: Why not Tulsi? It's not like she disagrees with Turner on much.
    AOC would work fine. She’s still like the most beloved outside Sanders for that wing of the party. I’d say Ellison, but Biden committed to a woman (which I think is a huge mistake btw because it limits options and comes off as virtue signalling) so he can’t go that route

Honestly if I was Biden, I wouldn’t nominate someone under the guise of a progressive olive branch. That requires a concession on his end to make it meaningful that I don’t think his camp is committed to making.

He’s better off trying to play the cards he’s dealt at this point. Go Whitmer. She’s a woman, she shores up a must win swing state, she’s attractive so she’ll play well with the shallow American electorate, she’s a Midwesterner, she can campaign on Trump’s covid response which I think will be a hurdle for Biden to do himself.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 03-31-2020 at 07:00 AM.