Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
But you guys might be arguing past one another on the significance of polls. These are largely based on expectations and how it shapes the race, but I'm not sure it's been established what you guys think the numbers mean. Theleviathan hasn't really given (or been asked about) his perception about Sanders' odds of winning. Biden finishing second in Nevada means he's likelier to be the nominee than if he finished outside the top three, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be likelier than Sanders.
Right, there is a lot of context to every finish of every primary. I'm not sure why multiple people are being lectured by this poster on their "understanding of elections" but yet that same poster is acting as if primary finishes are black and white. The delegates, vote totals, trends, etc are not black and white issues.

I try to use polls as indicators, look at them as detailed as possible, and draw trends. In the end, though, the results are going to be our only true information. (Except Iowa, because those schmos can't figure it out)