Page 720 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770820 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Something I saw on Twitter:

“If Biden has a good Super Tuesday showing, I can’t wait to see how many people are suddenly concerned about Burisma again.”
    They already are: Senate Republicans plan first subpoena in Burisma, Biden probe

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) is preparing to subpoena a witness tied to Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma, in an escalation of the GOP probe of the firm that comes as former vice president Joe Biden’s fortunes are rising in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary.

Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, sent a letter Sunday to members of the panel informing them of his plan to force a vote on subpoenaing the witness, political consultant and former Ukrainian diplomat Andrii Telizhenko, who worked for a company called Blue Star Strategies that was a representative for Burisma in the United States.

Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s son, sat on the board of Burisma while his father was the Obama administration’s point person on Ukraine policy. President Trump and Republicans have claimed, without evidence, that there was something nefarious in the Bidens’ dealings with Ukraine.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Republicans are, if anything, pathetically predictable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Biden/Bloomberg is looking more and more likely. The Huffington Post is calling what Buttigieg and Klobuchar did, right before Super Tuesday, a real garbage move. I also keep hearing people saying the Elizabeth Warren should concede ASAP, because that's the only chance Bernie has, and he is the only one who can beat Trump.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That it's strictly Sanders driving some sort of an ideological wedge just gets less and less likely as you look at the individual pieces that make up the entire picture.
    The straw that breaks the camel's back is still responsible for breaking the camel's back.

Flav has every right not to support Sanders and nothing will change the fact that said lack of support is what ultimately got him fired from PE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Biden/Bloomberg is looking more and more likely. The Huffington Post is calling what Buttigieg and Klobuchar did, right before Super Tuesday, a real garbage move. I also keep hearing people saying the Elizabeth Warren should concede ASAP, because that's the only chance Bernie has, and he is the only one who can beat Trump.
    Huffpost and Salon were all in on Sanders last time around -- that's exactly where I saw this kind of behavior in 2016 long before it infiltrated this forum.

It's also why I know better than to expect any better this time around.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-02-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Pete is with Biden now in Dallas formally endorsing
    Good boy, now if only Bloomberg drops out and does the same. Bloomberg will be a spoiler in favor of Sanders if he doesn't drop out soon. If he truly wants to save the Democratic Party and the Country (as he claims) now is his chance to prove his noble intentions.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Good boy, now if only Bloomberg drops out and does the same. Bloomberg will be a spoiler in favor of Sanders if he doesn't drop out soon. If he truly wants to save the Democratic Party and the Country (as he claims) now is his chance.
    Bloomberg is still going to play the game of chicken - capitulate to him or you get Bernie.
    Dark does not mean deep.

With Pete and Amy dropping out to endorse Biden, and the GOP ramping their made up Biden probe back up, I'm starting to think Bloomberg is going to get the nom. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Bloomberg is still going to play the game of chicken - capitulate to him or you get Bernie.
    Sadly, I agree. I fear Bloomberg's hubris could rival that of any tragic hero from Greek Mythology. My only hope is we don't all end up paying the price for his easily preventable mistake,

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The straw that breaks the camel's back is still responsible for breaking the camel's back.

Flav has every right not to support Sanders and nothing will change the fact that said lack of support is what ultimately got him fired from PE.
    Not if it's the only straw on the camel's back.

Which just about everyone knows is far from being the case in this instance. So, trying to frame it as "Ultimately..." what got him fired is just silly. The guy has been something of an issue the entire time according to everyone involved who is not him.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    With Pete and Amy dropping out to endorse Biden, and the GOP ramping their made up Biden probe back up, I'm starting to think Bloomberg is going to get the nom. Darn.
    At least Amy joined Pete in doing the right thing.

As my Grandmother used to say - "Now we separate the needy from the greedy."

Ultimate Member

Not if it's the only straw on the camel's back.
    It's still the straw that broke the camel's back, even if it's not the only straw.

I knew better than to use metaphors with you but I did it anyway, so I blame myself for this one.

The bottom line is that Flav was fired from the group after voicing his opposition to a concert to support Sanders.

Because Sanders is a divisive candidate.

Odds are they'll eventually reunite like most groups going through issues, but that doesn't change that he got fired for not supporting Sanders.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-02-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's still the straw that broke the camel's back, even if it's not the only straw.

I knew better than to use metaphors with you but I did it anyway, so I blame myself for this one.

The bottom line is that Flav was fired from the group after voicing his opposition to a concert to support Sanders.

Because Sanders is a divisive candidate.

Odds are they'll eventually reunite like most groups going through issues, but that doesn't change that he got fired for not supporting Sanders.
    Or...

That is simply the thing that Flavor decided to show his butt about this time, and any other instance plugged into this performance would have played out the same way. Seeing as he has recently sued the band, there is no reason to look past that being what the reality actually is.

It's not like Flavor was out there last year knocking Sanders. An instance turns up where he thinks he should get a buck? Suddenly, there's an issue.

Ultimate Member

It's not like Flavor was out there last year knocking Sanders. An instance turns up where he thinks he should get a buck? Suddenly, there's an issue.
    There was an issue when he didn't support Sanders, and he was fired for it.

Regardless, it is what it is -- Flav is out of the group and Sanders has his Chuck D endorsement.

Congrats.

https://twitter.com/davidplouffe/sta...73317254066178

I’d be careful about maligning anyone who is not currently with you as part of a corrupt establishment. You’ll need some of them to be the nominee and all of them to win the Presidency.
    Bernie's basic problem right there. Win or lose on Super Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Bernie's basic problem right there. Win or lose on Super Tuesday.
    Beto is endorsing Biden as we speak -- Sanders can't even get support from the congressional members of the party he claims to represent.