Page 746 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 246646696736742743744745746747748749750756796846 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 17573
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Edit: Bloomberg endorsing Joe Biden.
    That would make for a big boost if Mike puts his money where his mouth is.

Twitter Link

Note that Bernie Supporters believe Warren's campaign is part of the conspiracy to take voters away from Bernie and help Biden win. I see that a lot on Twitter.
    While I try to avoid dumping on Sanders supporters, that sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff is what makes Bernie hard to like if he's not telling those people to cool it with the nonsense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Well, that went about as expected. Lots of Sanders supporters on Twitter and Facebook think appealing to black voters means telling them how stupid they are for not liking Sanders.
    Have you seen that recent clip of Trump with his black supporters ( Diamond and Silk, Candace Owens, and a few others) where they call him the first black president?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm already seeing some people complain that it's Warren fault for not dropping out when Pete and Amy did, but that still wouldn't account for the large older black vote Biden got in those southern states.
    No, it doesn't. There are a handful of Warren supporters who would list Bernie 2nd, but not nearly enough to sway the votes. Many Warren supporters, like myself, are okay with Biden. If Warren does drop out, then I'm backing Joe Biden.

Of course, Biden is going to be given the Hillary Clinton treatment from now until November. Hopefully fewer voters will be influenced by that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Well, that went about as expected. Lots of Sanders supporters on Twitter and Facebook think appealing to black voters means telling them how stupid they are for not liking Sanders.
    In other words, the same strategy as last time, but assuming Latinos would bail him out this time around.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No, it doesn't. There are a handful of Warren supporters who would list Bernie 2nd, but not nearly enough to sway the votes. Many Warren supporters, like myself, are okay with Biden. If Warren does drop out, then I'm backing Joe Biden.

Of course, Biden is going to be given the Hillary Clinton treatment from now until November. Hopefully fewer voters will be influenced by that.
    Like the sudden resurgence of the Burisma stuff. I'm sure Republicans in Congress have already put on their steel toed boots to kick that dead horse some more.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Twitter Link

Edit: Bloomberg endorsing Joe Biden.
    But he won America Samoa!
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Twitter Link

Note that Bernie Supporters believe Warren's campaign is part of the conspiracy to take voters away from Bernie and help Biden win. I see that a lot on Twitter.
    Yeah, Twitter has been gearing up to blame Warren for any failing of Bernie's for a while. It's why I supported her even more strongly the last few weeks. So predictable, it's depressing.

The thing with Biden is he has something Clinton never did in the last election. Clinton has been demonized in Conservative circles for a long, long time. By the time she ran it had been more than twenty-four years of consistent demonization. Biden made in-roads with Conservatives in Congress and considered John McCain a close, lifelong friend. Unlike Clinton, Biden has receipts about the way Republicans talked about him and his personal character in a fond way prior to the campaign. Whether or not the campaign capitalizes on it is something else, but it can change the narrative from “maybe Biden is a snake” to “Republicans are acting smarmy to protect Trump”.

Of course, this won’t help the left critique of Biden. But the fact that Clinton was so hated by Republicans seemed to do nothing to help her with that same left critique either.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Yeah, Twitter has been gearing up to blame Warren for any failing of Bernie's for a while. It's why I supported her even more strongly the last few weeks. So predictable, it's depressing.
    Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but Bloomberg performed really well last night, at least relative to Warren’s performance. And isn’t there a stronger case for Bloomberg’s voters being more primed to support Biden than Warren’s being primed to support Sanders, especially given a number of her supporters actually came from Clinton’s camp in 2016? Why is it “rigging” the election against Sanders for Bloomberg to leave and endorse Biden, but not if Warren were to leave and endorse Bernie?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Point well taken. Biden has done it once before. I googled just in case and didn't find a third. So, as with many things, Biden likely forgot he did it two years ago. Doesn't diminish the weight of the feeling.

There’s a new Bernie ad out now playing up his connection with Obama.

https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status...899465216?s=21

What happened to:

I’ve got news for the Republican establishment. I’ve got news for the Democratic establishment. They can’t stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Have you seen that recent clip of Trump with his black supporters ( Diamond and Silk, Candace Owens, and a few others) where they call him the first black president?
    Oh, they rounded up the entirety of blacks for Trump?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    There’s a new Bernie ad out now playing up his connection with Obama.

https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status...899465216?s=21

What happened to:
    Better to just see it as progress -- no real point in bashing the fact that even Sanders realizes he needs to try a new approach.

Might be an effective way to set up the upcoming unification that will be needed to beat Trump.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I've been seeing that a lot as well. I'm looking at some of the votes as well. Even if Warren would've dropped out and thrown her weight behind Bernie... I think Biden would still be leading. Just because she throws her weight behind Bernie wouldn't mean all of her supporters would get behind him. His supporters aren't really out there winning hearts online.

Biden was my second choice after Warren, and my wife was the opposite. I caucused for Bernie in 2016, but the way some of my actual real life friends started acting as the campaign drug on soured me to the whole "movement".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum