Page 1033 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 33533933983102310291030103110321033
Results 15,481 to 15,486 of 15486

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised.

Thoughts and prayers to Tazriai.
    I don’t think this is entirely unexpected. For one thing, it doesn’t do your movement a whole lot of good if it looks weaker than 2016–which it has. This and Sanders genuinely likes Biden. Biden was one of the few, by all accounts, who treated Sanders properly before Sanders had elevated himself to the national stage. While others were dismissive, Biden was legitimately pleasant. So I think it makes it harder for Sanders on both counts. He likes Biden, and obviously would rather see him elected than Trump, and he wants his movement to excel, which it really can’t if he is losing primaries by 30+% in states he won last time.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Not much to say at this point other than it looks like the primary stuff is over. I gave my vote to Bernie yesterday in the primary, so I've done all I can do.

My plans ultimately remain the same. Voting blue straight down the line and hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    President Dumpf did get one thing right. As a rule corona viruses don't do well in the summer months. It's not that it's hot exactly, but the increased ultra-violet destroys the molecular bonds of the virus. So going outside in the sun probably does keep you healthy--as long as you're not in contact with unhealthy folks. However, the problem is we live on a wobbly sphere where, as the days get longer in one part of our orb, the days get shorter in another part. So the virus can survive in the darker parts--which is the southern hemisphere for us right now. And it also happens that some of the poorest nations are in the southern hemisphere, with inadequate health care. This is why foreign aid is so important--helping others helps yourself.
    ... It's spread in countries in the Southern Hemisphere, too, where it's been summer.

It's not going to be over because of that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I don’t think this is entirely unexpected. For one thing, it doesn’t do your movement a whole lot of good if it looks weaker than 2016–which it has. This and Sanders genuinely likes Biden. Biden was one of the few, by all accounts, who treated Sanders properly before Sanders had elevated himself to the national stage. While others were dismissive, Biden was legitimately pleasant. So I think it makes it harder for Sanders on both counts. He likes Biden, and obviously would rather see him elected than Trump, and he wants his movement to excel, which it really can’t if he is losing primaries by 30+% in states he won last time.
    I just wonder if his supporters will vote for Biden, or if they'll abstain or (God forbid) vote Trump.

Like, this year, I will vote Biden. Indiana will go to Trump and the popular vote here will be over 20% in his favor, but I will vote Biden.

So Bernie says while Biden is the nominee, he'll stay on the ballot to continue gathering delegates so that he can significantly influence the party platform at the convention.

Stupid Kills: The 5 Worst GOP Governors’ Responses to COVID-19

If it is only 5 out of 50, we might survive.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.