Page 1020 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 205209209701010101610171018101910201021102210231024103010701120 ... LastLast
Results 15,286 to 15,300 of 17573
  1. #15286
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    This is the same drug he was touting before that people have OD'd on in trying to deal with Covid 19
    If you are talking about the couple, that is unfortunately more complicated than "People OD'D On The Drug He Mentioned..."

    Unless the coverage that I heard was completely wrong, it was a related component of something more complex -

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...us-advice.html

    Arizona Man Dies From *********** Overdose After Listening to Trump Coronavirus Press Conference
    From a link in said piece...

    https://aquariumstoredepot.com/produ...uine-phosphate

    From that page -

    Terms of Use
    By purchasing this product you are agreeing to these terms. This is to certify that the medications purchased by myself or any Company employees will be used ONLY in the treatment and maintenance of ornamental fish. This medication is NOT Intended For Human Consumption! I am aware of the restrictions placed on the sale of this medication and agree the personnel responsible for the treatment of our ornamental fish will be instructed in their proper usage.We agree not to intentionally divert these chemicals for any other use and have been instructed to establish and maintain records of the purchase and use of these items.
    While Trump is an idiot, someone either not reading that warning or even worse actively ignoring it is hard to pin on Trump. There is a certain level where you need to be able to read a warning that stark, and not ignore it.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-04-2020 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #15287
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,876

    Default

    Just heard it through my local grapevine that Gov Murphy has ordered all flags, US and State, to be flown at half mast in respect of those who lost their lives to the virus.

    Also, I need to figure out how to make a face mask or some kind of covering.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  3. #15288
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are talking about the couple, that is unfortunately more complicated than "People OD'D On The Drug He Mentioned..."

    Unless the coverage that I heard was completely wrong, it was a related component of something more complex -

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...us-advice.html



    From a link in said piece...

    https://aquariumstoredepot.com/produ...uine-phosphate

    From that page -





    While Trump is an idiot, someone either not reading that warning or even worse actively ignoring it is hard to pin on Trump. There is a certain level where you need to be able to read a warning that stark, and not ignore it.
    Lets' put it this way. Trump says 'Take this', he doesn't say, 'Take this, but check with your doctor first. Don't take it without doctor's supervision.'

    It's the first that gets people killed. People think of it like taking aspirin, they don't think of it as being potentially deadly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #15289
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Lets' put it this way. Trump says 'Take this', he doesn't say, 'Take this, but check with your doctor first. Don't take it without doctor's supervision.'

    It's the first that gets people killed. People think of it like taking aspirin, they don't think of it as being potentially deadly.
    Gotta politely disagree.

    It was obviously something they bought for a fish tank.

    Trying to frame it as being anything like taking aspirin makes right around "Zero..." sense. Never mind that it's something you should second guess taking that has an incredibly clear warning about you not taking.

    Unless there is actual tape of Trump saying "Hey, Go Ahead And Take The Stuff They Use In Fish Tanks...", this was an instance where common sense should have got someone to second guess what they were about to do.

    It's not like we are talking about something that came off of the shelf at a CVS or a Walgreens.

  5. #15290
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    Honestly everyone good luck over the next few weeks. This is going to be rough on the country and I hope you and the people you care about come through it okay in all aspects

  6. #15291
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly everyone good luck over the next few weeks. This is going to be rough on the country and I hope you and the people you care about come through it okay in all aspects
    Thanks, you too as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #15292
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There is a thing called soap.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that after I posted. Pretty much if you're using a paper mask, you should throw it away, but a cloth mask can be washed. However, you should wash it immediately after sneezing, and if you have seasonal allergies acting up and you know you will sneeze often, have a second mask to wear while you wait for the first one to dry after washing it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  8. #15293
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are talking about the couple, that is unfortunately more complicated than "People OD'D On The Drug He Mentioned..."

    Unless the coverage that I heard was completely wrong, it was a related component of something more complex -

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...us-advice.html



    From a link in said piece...

    https://aquariumstoredepot.com/produ...uine-phosphate

    From that page -





    While Trump is an idiot, someone either not reading that warning or even worse actively ignoring it is hard to pin on Trump. There is a certain level where you need to be able to read a warning that stark, and not ignore it.
    Many product warnings had to be placed after someone with no common sense used the product in an obviously improper way. I mean, really, ingesting a substance meant to be used in fish tanks? What an idiot!
    Watching television is not an activity.

  9. #15294
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just heard it through my local grapevine that Gov Murphy has ordered all flags, US and State, to be flown at half mast in respect of those who lost their lives to the virus.

    Also, I need to figure out how to make a face mask or some kind of covering.
    Tami here is a video for masks.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmd4D5Ogepk

  10. #15295
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Many product warnings had to be placed after someone with no common sense used the product in an obviously improper way. I mean, really, ingesting a substance meant to be used in fish tanks? What an idiot!
    People were eating tide pods two years ago, so....

  11. #15296
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There aren't a lot of swing voters, but they matter a lot.

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ers-are-there/

    Part of the reason Democrats won so many house seats in 2018 is that they were able to persuade people who voted for Trump.
    Rogan isn't a swing voter. He's a right wing hack.

  12. #15297
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Rogan isn't a swing voter. He's a right wing hack.
    And to insist that Joe Rogan, known racist, transphobe, and homophobe, is a more tolerable person to have in the party and as an endorsement than someone who might not agree 100% with tax policy is obscene on every level. I don’t like this kind of progressivism—one that is a purist on economic policy alone and will leave minorities out to dry the second it is convenient. This is precisely why I prefer Obama’s Democratic Party to FDR’s Democratic Party.

    And I already saw the “...but Mike Bloomberg” tweets. No one is saying that he is good. I would’ve had serious trouble reconciling a vote for him. But I didn’t have to. And Mike Bloomberg, at least, is going after Trump and trying to take him down. The fact Rogan would say that Trump is better, in itself, proves he is worse than Bloomberg.

    Essentially, Bloomberg is the disagreeable ally who has said and done really terrible things. Joe Rogan is the conditional ally, who will only support the candidate who isn’t racist provided that he, himself, feels comfortable—all racial, ethnic, and sexual orientation minorities be dammed.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 04-04-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  13. #15298
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    And to insist that Joe Rogan, known racist, transphobe, and homophobe, is a more tolerable person to have in the party and as an endorsement than someone who might not agree 100% with tax policy is obscene on every level. I don’t like this kind of progressivism—one that is a purist on economic policy alone and will leave minorities out to dry the second it is convenient. This is precisely why I prefer Obama’s Democratic Party to FDR’s Democratic Party.

    And I already saw the “...but Mike Bloomberg” tweets. No one is saying that he is good. I would’ve had serious trouble reconciling a vote for him. But I didn’t have to. And Mike Bloomberg, at least, is going after Trump and trying to take him down. The fact Rogan would say that Trump is better, in itself, proves he is worse than Bloomberg.

    Essentially, Bloomberg is the disagreeable ally who has said and done really terrible things. Joe Rogan is the conditional ally, who will only support the candidate who isn’t racist provided that he, himself, feels comfortable—all racial, ethnic, and sexual orientation minorities be dammed.
    I'm not sure if this continued insistence that economic progressivism is somehow at odds with social justice is borne out of cluelessness or active ignorance. By and large, minorities in this country are socioeconomically disadvantaged and thus would be the primary beneficiaries from a fairer distribution of wealth. That a tiny fraction of them have managed to ascend to the elite class is not something to be celebrated, as most of these newly ascended big shots are just as cruel and exploitative as their white male counterparts and all of them inevitably try to claim that if THEY can rise from poverty to where they are now, anyone else should be able to do the same which is just patently false. Minorities will never get anywhere in this country if we continue to aspire to the white man's definition of success, because in so doing we're consenting to playing a rigged game that the vast majority of us will end up losing.

  14. #15299
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Many product warnings had to be placed after someone with no common sense used the product in an obviously improper way. I mean, really, ingesting a substance meant to be used in fish tanks? What an idiot!
    Man...

    I don't want to call anyone who was probably really worried an idiot.

    That said, there was a really obvious point where the entire "Safety" versus "Safety?" element probably should have got them to slow things down long enough to think that move over.

  15. #15300
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I'm not sure if this continued insistence that economic progressivism is somehow at odds with social justice is borne out of cluelessness or active ignorance. By and large, minorities in this country are socioeconomically disadvantaged and thus would be the primary beneficiaries from a fairer distribution of wealth. That a tiny fraction of them have managed to ascend to the elite class is not something to be celebrated, as most of these newly ascended big shots are just as cruel and exploitative as their white male counterparts and all of them inevitably try to claim that if THEY can rise from poverty to where they are now, anyone else should be able to do the same which is just patently false. Minorities will never get anywhere in this country if we continue to aspire to the white man's definition of success, because in so doing we're consenting to playing a rigged game that the vast majority of us will end up losing.
    It would be great if American Fiscally-Focused Progressives would stop proving me right. But even AOC has claimed that she wants the party to return to “our roots” regarding FDR in the same speech that she (rightly) vilified Reagan for being a racist. We see people whitewashing FDR’s record which shows a fundamental ignorance of how those programs were accomplished. They were only politically possible because you had folks like Rogan on board—those who were happy to get programs that benefitted them, but wanted systemic harms in place for minorities. The fact that Bernie was willing to tout that it was Rogan’s campaign too sings of that early progressivism. This is in addition to saying that the Democratic Party needs to reach out MORE to white voters who went for Trump rather than really try to electrify educated folks and get minorities and the disenfranchised out to vote. These are alarming patterns that I think people who like Bernie are all too happy to ignore.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •