Page 118 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 18681081141151161171181191201211221281682186181118 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 17573

Pretty much every GOP member has left now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rep. Swalwell just entered the scoop into the record, noting Nunes’ reported partnership with Lev Parnas.

It appears he's now a fact witness.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Navy wants him gone and was in the process of dishonorable discharge. Trump wants to block that.
    Was it a dishonorable discharge? I thought they were just kicking him out of the SEALS, not the Navy.

In other news, Bibi has been indicted on corruption charges.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was it a dishonorable discharge? I thought they were just kicking him out of the SEALS, not the Navy.
    Heard it reported both ways.

We'll have to see which is right. Either way, Trump wants to block any of that happening.

Pretty much every GOP member has left now.
    They've surrendered. They have retreated because of how bad this has broken open. Yesterday it spilled over into the Cabinet. Today, it spilled back onto Republican members of Congress.

Holy f***, the 2020 election is gonna be real, real wild.

Rep. Swalwell just entered the scoop into the record, noting Nunes’ reported partnership with Lev Parnas.

It appears he's now a fact witness.
    Can you subpoena Nunes to sit as a witness on the Committee he's the GOP ranking member of? LOL.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The missing GOP peeps came back!

Also, top White House officials and Senate Republicans have agreed that a full trial should be conducted if the House impeaches President Donald Trump. Seems to be where all the GOPers went, to get their marching orders.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They've surrendered. They have retreated because of how bad this has broken open. Yesterday it spilled over into the Cabinet. Today, it spilled back onto Republican members of Congress.

Holy f***, the 2020 election is gonna be real, real wild.

And my fear is that it wont be, because I fear that none of this will matter. I'm afraid that no matter what evidence the Dems find, no matter what the witnesses say happen, no matter what facts are presented, Trump supporters will all just call it fake news, Democrats will all be like 'No ****!', everyone has already made up their minds, and nothing will change them. And unless some Republicans remember that they serve the country and the Constitution, and not Mad King Trump the 1st, they won't convict him in the Senate, and then Trump can run on himself being 'completely exonerated!'.

The missing GOP peeps came back!

Also, top White House officials and Senate Republicans have agreed that a full trial should be conducted if the House impeaches President Donald Trump. Seems to be where all the GOPers went, to get their marching orders.
    Were I the Democrats, I would keep the evidence coming. They're established the credibility of how corrupt things are without even calling the perpetrators to testify and sit and squirm while invoking the fifth. They could keep this up with witnesses for weeks, if not months if they chose. There's a point, though, where enough is enough... but I don't think we're there yet. I think there's still a new low to establish, and the GOP just want this over with before too much damage gets done.

And my fear is that it wont be, because I fear that none of this will matter. I'm afraid that no matter what evidence the Dems find, no matter what the witnesses say happen, no matter what facts are presented, Trump supporters will all just call it fake news, Democrats will all be like 'No ****!', everyone has already made up their minds, and nothing will change them. And unless some Republicans remember that they serve the country and the Constitution, and not Mad King Trump the 1st, they won't convict him in the Senate, and then Trump can run on himself being 'completely exonerated!'.
    I think after the past two days... there's gonna be some movement in the polls. Hell, Kenneth Starr couldn't pretend things were going well for Republicans yesterday on Fox. Ken F***ing Starr, of all people.

Schiff points out that not once the GOP have disputed any witness testimony or what the POTUS has asked his people to do.

I like how Schiff is tying all this to Nixon. What's the difference? Trump put the WHOLE country and a WHOLE other country at risk.

Of course they won't convict. But even if a few GOP Senators vote against him to make a majority, say he is exonerated would sound foolish. (Not that he won't say it anyway)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I like how Schiff is tying all this to Nixon. What's the difference? Trump put the WHOLE country and a WHOLE other country at risk.
    Trump was working with a foreign power to see our election would be interfered with AGAIN to try to help himself win.

And this time, Russia could sit back and watch as sanctions get leveled at Ukraine. And hope that theirs get lifted, and 2016 gets blamed on Ukraine, too.

Ukraine was over a barrel. Their choices were to commit a crime for Trump, and hope he didn't then blow a whistle on them for interfering... or don't commit the crime, and see him withhold military aid.

The whole situation is that evil, from what Russia and Trump, their puppet, were doing to soften up Ukraine in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario, until all these diplomats dropped dimes on the Trump administration hardliners, because they actually put the United States and their allies first.

This whole matter is that simple. And anyone who can't see how f***ed up it is has no concept of loyalty to our country, only to a party obsessed with power and not being able to see that they won't have any if they "win". They end up doing the bidding of the Kremlin, who then have them over a barrel because they could expose their wrongdoing at any time. And instead of outing the scheme... the GOP are just going to bark conspiracy theories at the moon. Goddamned disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Fiona Hill is extremely impressive as a witness. I mean her command of the room and rapid access to knowledge and answers you just feel like she is extremely credible and clearly intelligent.

Attacks against her just make you seem silly. She makes a great witness, and is making great pains to be non partisan. When she questioned the "never trumper" label and defended the professionalism of most career workers she boosts all their credibility.
    She is so amazing. I would listen in to a lecture from her in a heartbeat. I want her to be secretary of state.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

In other news that pisses me off, Trump says he won't allow Navy to act against SEAL who posed with ISIS corpse.

Can they just drum the guy out of the military then?
    Trump recently made 3 controversial choices of soldiers he wants pardoned. I think he's doing it now because it will not get that much attention.