Page 535 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 354354855255315325335345355365375385395455856351035 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

National Democratic Primary, Head-2-Head:

Sanders 54% (+21)
    Klobuchar 33%
    Sanders 54% (+17)
    Buttigieg 37%
    Sanders 53% (+15)
    Bloomberg 38
    Sanders 48% (+4)
    Biden 44%
    Sanders 44% (+2)
    Warren 42%

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/s...87915807498241
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Bernie does Dems a favor not running as an independent.
    That's an equal trade. He'd never win as an indie and the dems wouldn't win with him syphoning votes.

Trump Isn’t Waging a War on Poverty. He’s Waging a War on Poor People.

This week, President Donald Trump released a $4.8 trillion budget proposal that would further decimate the already weakened social safety net. Trump’s plan would make steep cuts to food stamps, Medicaid, housing assistance, and other welfare programs that millions of Americans rely on.

But the budget is merely a wish list with no chance of passing the Democratic-controlled House. More quietly, Trump has already rolled out a series of bureaucratic changes that have begun to take a tangible toll on the country’s most vulnerable populations and will only inflict more damage in the coming years.

The once-robust social safety net has been steadily dismantled by Republican and Democratic administrations alike. A series of actions, from Ronald Reagan’s fear-mongering about the government subsidizing luxurious lifestyles for welfare recipients to Bill Clinton’s welfare reform that imposed strict work requirement for benefit recipients, have made it tougher than ever to be poor in America. Now Trump is making it even harder.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Last edited by Tami; 02-14-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sanders leads Biden in latest Nevada poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...st-nevada-poll

"A poll released Friday showed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leading Democratic presidential contenders in Nevada with just over a week to go before its caucuses.

The poll, conducted by WPA Intelligence for the Las Vegas Review-Journal and AARP Nevada, showed 25 percent of likely caucusgoers supporting Sanders, followed by former Vice President Joe Biden at 18 percent.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) placed third at 13 percent, and she was trailed by businessman Tom Steyer at 11 percent. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg tied at 10 percent each.

Candidates must reach at least 15 percent support to obtain delegates from Nevada.

Sanders virtually tied Buttigieg in the Iowa caucuses earlier this month, although results have not yet been made official as the state's Democrats conduct a partial recanvass.

The Vermont senator narrowly beat Buttigieg in New Hampshire.

The poll also showed Sanders and Warren with the highest favorable rating at 71 percent each, followed by Biden at 68 percent, Steyer at 64 percent, Klobuchar at 62 percent and Buttigieg last with 59 percent.

The Nevada caucuses are considered the first test of how candidates will fare when facing a more diverse electorate. The race and ethnicity breakdown of the poll was 58 percent white, 20 percent Latino, 13 percent African American and 3 percent Asian American."

Biden can win Nevada if the other candidates don't meet the threshold and their supporters go to him.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I am not surprised you think that.
    Why would anyone think differently?
    BB

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was glad to see this on the news. I always thought there was Trump's hand in the firing happening less than 2 days before his planned retirement. Only heartless creep like Trump would think like that. He didn't completely lose his pension but he lost out on being able to take advantage of other benefits
    More and more evidence has come to light on that with organizations like CREW getting access to documents by invoking FOIA.

From Jan. 21 2020: Newly Disclosed Documents Cast Further Doubt on DOJs Decision to Fire McCabe
    From Oct. 14 2019: FBI Documents Offer New Details About Dismissal of Andrew McCabe

It seems like such a long time ago when Jeff Sessions was AG.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Sanders leads Biden in latest Nevada poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...st-nevada-poll

"A poll released Friday showed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leading Democratic presidential contenders in Nevada with just over a week to go before its caucuses.

The poll, conducted by WPA Intelligence for the Las Vegas Review-Journal and AARP Nevada, showed 25 percent of likely caucusgoers supporting Sanders, followed by former Vice President Joe Biden at 18 percent.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) placed third at 13 percent, and she was trailed by businessman Tom Steyer at 11 percent. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg tied at 10 percent each.

Candidates must reach at least 15 percent support to obtain delegates from Nevada.

Sanders virtually tied Buttigieg in the Iowa caucuses earlier this month, although results have not yet been made official as the state's Democrats conduct a partial recanvass.

The Vermont senator narrowly beat Buttigieg in New Hampshire.

The poll also showed Sanders and Warren with the highest favorable rating at 71 percent each, followed by Biden at 68 percent, Steyer at 64 percent, Klobuchar at 62 percent and Buttigieg last with 59 percent.

The Nevada caucuses are considered the first test of how candidates will fare when facing a more diverse electorate. The race and ethnicity breakdown of the poll was 58 percent white, 20 percent Latino, 13 percent African American and 3 percent Asian American."

Biden can win Nevada if the other candidates don't meet the threshold and their supporters go to him.
    I think the polling had been hinting at this for a while. Even Biden was saying that he was going to finish in the top two in Nevada and get a win in South Carolina. Both seem like likely outcomes. The question is whether or not Bernie continues to maintain the performance he was forecasted to with moderates like Buttigieg pulling more votes from Biden and overperforming in white majority voting states while Biden only does particularly well in more diverse states.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    National Democratic Primary, Head-2-Head:

Sanders 54% (+21)
    Klobuchar 33%
    Sanders 54% (+17)
    Buttigieg 37%
    Sanders 53% (+15)
    Bloomberg 38
    Sanders 48% (+4)
    Biden 44%
    Sanders 44% (+2)
    Warren 42%

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/s...87915807498241
    I don't get this poll. This is if Trump dies, the GOP does not run a candidate and Sanders runs as an independent against the various Democrats?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Why would anyone think differently?
    Integrity. Morals. A conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Integrity. Morals. A conscience.
    So a politician wouldn't have to change their stance on their policies and the opposing party would still endorse them 100%, how would they go against their integrity, morals and conscience?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I don't get this poll. This is if Trump dies, the GOP does not run a candidate and Sanders runs as an independent against the various Democrats?
    It's just among the democrats themselves.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    It's just among the democrats themselves.
    Did the Sanders campaign pay for this foolishness?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Every time I've been at a job with a Union, it felt like I was being forced to pay for something that never benefited me. One of those jobs was UPS, and that was definitely the case as the Union seemed to exist solely for protecting the workers who had been there for 20+ years, and the new hires all got screwed.
    This was also my experience. Though, in addition to helping the tenured workers, it also protected the dues-paying incompetent workers. I worked in Illinois in a union that literally protected the jobs of people who assaulted children they were responsible to care for. As long as you pay the dues, you're as entitled as the next person, regardless of your ability to do the job. It's a huge problem we face in fixing policing as well.

Unions had a time when they were really good for the country. Now they are basically self-serving corporations.