Page 750 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 250650700740746747748749750751752753754760800850 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 17573
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I like to think if the most vocal of Bernie supporters took this tone more they'd have more success growing his coalition.
    And therein lies the problem. A portion of Sanders' more....devoted followers have done nothing but burn bridges in the party, either not realizing, or perhaps, and this is worse, not caring that they'd need support from the mainstream to build coalitions and, more importantly inspire confidence and trust in their candidate which, in turn, would lead to voters going to the mat for him. While it's unfair to compare Sanders' people with the lowbrow MAGA knuckledraggers who support Donald Trump since not all of those who support Bernie act like unrepentant assholes, however, at times, it does look like two sides of the same coin, and that's a major turnoff.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And therein lies the problem. A portion of Sanders' more....devoted followers have done nothing but burn bridges in the party, either not realizing, or perhaps, and this is worse, not caring that they'd need support from the mainstream to build coalitions and, more importantly inspire confidence and trust in their candidate which, in turn, would lead to voters going to the mat for him. While it's unfair to compare Sanders' people with the lowbrow MAGA knuckledraggers who support Donald Trump since not all of those who support Bernie act like unrepentant assholes, however, at times, it does look like two sides of the same coin, and that's a major turnoff.
    As someone who studies such movement for a living, I don't think it is an unfair comparison at all, but to each their own.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think Biden picking Bloomberg as his VP would be a bad move? I have a couple of big time Sanders supporters as friends, and the basically said it would put off progressives even more if he went that route. But, his money would really help Bidens campaign, right?
    Bloomberg doesn't need to involve himself anymore. He only ran to spoil the race for Sanders and Warren. Recall he only threw his hat in the ring when it looked possible one of those two might actually have a chance.
    Gotta protect those mega-banks and tax cuts for the billionaire class.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's not looking good either way. Biden is just a poor candidate, period. We're not running Generic Dem-Bot 20.20, we still have to put up an actual candidate, and the one that the party has decided on is just awful in every conceivable way. Bernie would probably lose too, because the party would only ever half-heartedly support him if he got the nomination.
    Bernie is like the grandmaster of "Losing to Bad Candidates" in that case.....

Let's be clear - and I hope thirty reads this too - Bernie is a non-viable candidate if he can't get black voter supporter. People like you telling black people they're too stupid to vote for him is a reflection of the core of why Bernie never appealed. Everyone who isn't a Bernie cultists sees that nasty underbelly and turns away.

And his only hope to win was to drive out thirty's precious unicorns - those young or disenfranchised voters yearning for the right person, at the right time, with the right conditions, so that they would maybe get out and vote. Well, shock of all shocks, that perfect storm didn't exist to the tune of tens of thousands....so he's simply not viable. You can cry about how great his policies are and all of that....but at the end of the day he never had a shot. Not in the primary and not in the general. The only question now is if Bernie has the integrity to hold to his own words just a week ago and concede. It's only a matter of time before the inevitable.

This race is over in terms of who will win the majority of the vote and the delegates from this point forward.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Even if Warren drops out and endorses Biden, he will not pick her as his running mate. The Democratic Party does not want a ticket with two people over 70 years old. However, I could easily see Warren as Secretary of State or Secretary of Commerce in a Biden cabinet.
    I would like for him to pick Mayor Pete but admittedly that is a longshot. But do go for a young VP, someone that can be groomed for future elections.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    We take that tone all the damned time, you just don't seem to listen to us unless we say something "controversial" like, oh, maybe giving people healthcare is a good idea.
    You're not saying anything we haven't heard before or that Demcrats haven't said before -- if anythihng, you're late to the party.

A lot of the "moderates" you complain about already fell on the sword trying to deliver universal healthcare to Americans.

-----
    "The Clinton health care plan was a 1993 healthcare reform package proposed by the administration of President Bill Clinton and closely associated with the chair of the task force devising the plan, First Lady of the United States Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The president had campaigned heavily on health care in the 1992 presidential election. The task force was created in January 1993, but its own processes were somewhat controversial and drew litigation. Its goal was to come up with a comprehensive plan to provide universal health care for all Americans, which was to be a cornerstone of the administration's first-term agenda. The president delivered a major health care speech to the US Congress in September 1993. During his speech he proposed an enforced mandate for employers to provide health insurance coverage to all of their employees.

Opposition to the plan was heavy from conservatives, libertarians, and the health insurance industry. The industry produced a highly effective television ad, "Harry and Louise", in an effort to rally public support against the plan.

Instead of uniting behind the original proposal, many Democrats offered a number of competing plans of their own.

Hillary Clinton was drafted by the Clinton Administration to head a new Task Force and sell the plan to the American people, which ultimately backfired amid the barrage from the pharmaceutical and health insurance industries and considerably diminished her own popularity."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinto...e_plan_of_1993
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-04-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Bernie is like the grandmaster of "Losing to Bad Candidates" in that case.....

Let's be clear - and I hope thirty reads this too - Bernie is a non-viable candidate if he can't get black voter supporter. People like you telling black people they're too stupid to vote for him is a reflection of the core of why Bernie never appealed. Everyone who isn't a Bernie cultists sees that nasty underbelly and turns away.

And his only hope to win was to drive out thirty's precious unicorns - those young or disenfranchised voters yearning for the right person, at the right time, with the right conditions, so that they would maybe get out and vote. Well, shock of all shocks, that perfect storm didn't exist to the tune of tens of thousands....so he's simply not viable. You can cry about how great his policies are and all of that....but at the end of the day he never had a shot. Not in the primary and not in the general. The only question now is if Bernie has the integrity to hold to his own words just a week ago and concede. It's only a matter of time before the inevitable.

This race is over in terms of who will win the majority of the vote and the delegates from this point forward.
    I think Bernie is a bit on the lazy side. Sure, he has rallies everywhere (much like Trump). But he doesn't do the the type of interactions Biden does. He wasn't at the Selma Bridge walk. I suspect he skipped out on other chances to interact with people on a personal level.

Mostly he let's his crew do all the work for him.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Attachment 94088

My prediction for November 2020, Biden versus Trump
    I wish I lived on your planet. What's it like over there in the Bernstein universe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    I wish I lived on your planet. What's it like over there in the Bernstein universe?
    Sometimes people post things here that make absolutely no sense to me. this is one of those times.

Spectacular Member

Sometimes people post things here that make absolutely no sense to me. this is one of those times.
    https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/m...llel-universes

How Elizabeth Warren destroyed Mike Bloomberg's campaign in 60 seconds

Replace Bloomberg with Trump, and this is what Warren could have done if given the chance. I'd have payed good money to see Elizabeth tear Trump apart. Looks like that isn't likely to happen.

How Elizabeth Warren destroyed Mike Bloomberg's campaign in 60 seconds

Replace Bloomberg with Trump, and this is what Warren could have done if given the chance. I'd have payed good money to see Elizabeth tear Trump apart. Looks like that isn't likely to happen.
    I so agree with this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I so agree with this.
    The Bernie cadre have been complaining about Warren, but in truth it coudl be turned around. If Bernie hadn't entered the race, Warren might have drawn more voters and done better herself.

Attachment 94088

My prediction for November 2020, Biden versus Trump
    This is one that I can maybe see, but I would bet on Florida flipping before I see South Carolina or Georgia doing so. That said, Stacey Abrams came close in an election they was geared towards ensuring the Secretary of State won. And perhaps Harrison in South Carolina can contribute symbiotically to Biden’s campaign and both Graham and Trump are rejected there.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Bernie cadre have been complaining about Warren, but in truth it coudl be turned around. If Bernie hadn't entered the race, Warren might have drawn more voters and done better herself.
    So do you think Warren is going to be considered as a running mate at some point, or what is going to be her role going forward, if anything?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.