Page 970 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 47087092096096696796896997097197297397498010201070 ... LastLast
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    That's true if you don't count Al Franken, Anthony Weiner, Bobby Scott, Ruben Kihuen, John Conyers...
    There was a means to pay off victims of harassment in place.

It doesn't get any more "Looking Out For 'Our' Guy..." than that.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Considering that the Pelosi went to bat for a guy who had paid of women he had harassed until he became a liability, the idea that a "Deleted Pro-Russia Post..." somehow has the same weight as "Just Democrats Attempting To Cover This Sort Of Garbage Again..." feels a little "Iffy..."
    It isn’t a single post. It’s a host of activity that seems particularly slanted against the United States Government and distinctly in Putin’s favor. That does not a liar make, but that combined with waiting a year between two separate and progressively more serious accusations gives me some pause. It’s laid out in the Twitter thread I provided above, though I do think the individual is probably a bit too dismissive of these allegations. Again, as I said in my edited post, I might be drawing a credulous line in the sand where one ought not exist, but I think that’s what I’m comfortable with right now.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-26-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Trummp is bad, but that alone is not going to win a shitty Democrat an election.
    People fall for Propaganda all the time, as you said "Mainstream", When you watch hours upon hours of nonsense, none of that seeps through?
    You, probably think money doesn't corrupt either huh?
    If you wanna call my posts propaganda It doesn't hurt my feelings.
    Never said it was. That they do, and you don't question anything, if the Young Turks said it then it must be true. Money does corrupt, except this credo goes to the wayside when it's aimed at the left. The left are impeccable, they don't make mistakes, they can't be sexist, they rigged the election as Sanders decisions are never wrong. I'm not responding to hurt your feelings, I'm discrediting your propaganda and efforts to derail the chosen nominee.

If America was honest, Sanders would be winning right now. This time isn't "rigged" per say, but as you say it was always Bidens to lose, IE. They already knew who they wanted and worked the media to prop their candidate, and **** on the others.
    If Sanders was a stronger candidate he would be the nominee, he along with Biden were in the best position to win these primaries. It's not our fault he didn't go to Selma during the Bloody Sunday anniversary, wrote of the South again, didn't try to get Clyburn's endorsement and numerous other mistakes. It wasn't rigged in the last primaries. I don't know who "they" are, it's the voters who wanted Biden. Every candidate works with the media to an extent. Left You Tube were practically Sanders networks. It's a primary, of course candidates are going to attack each other.

That's how it works. Sorry you two don't see that. I guess it's propaganda.

Lol...
    You don't have any idea how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    It isn’t a single post. It’s a host of activity that seems particularly slanted against the United States Government and distinctly in Putin’s favor. That does not a liar make, but that combined with waiting a year between two separate and progressively more serious accusations gives me some pause. It’s laid out in the Twitter thread I provided above, though I do think the individual is probably a bit too dismissive of these allegations. Again, as I said in my edited post, I might be drawing a credulous line in the sand where one ought not exist, but I think that’s what I’m comfortable with right now.
    Nothing about that seems like it could be an issue to you?

Nothing about that seems like it could be an issue to you?
    Nah man. I could give you the archived link if you like where ALL her posts, even made in the Russian language, are stored. I’m just saying this is questionable and I’ve wholeheartedly believed in more airtight allegations, like those against Johnny Depp, and got pie on my face. I’m just saying that I want a more thorough investigation of this before I buy into any of it. No offense, but the only people I see pushing it are those who have a vested interest in it being true. And it doesn’t seem like they are doing too much to authenticate the story (like reaching out to the Biden campaign or Biden himself for comment).

Here’s the full archived article:

http://archive.is/OeD6Z
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-26-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Nah man. I could give you the archived link if you like where ALL her posts, even made in the Russian language, are stored. I’m just saying this is questionable and I’ve wholeheartedly believed in more airtight allegations, like those against Johnny Depp, and got pie on my face. I’m just saying that I want a more thorough investigation of this before I buy into any of it. No offense, but the only people I see pushing it are those who have a vested interest in it being true. And it doesn’t seem like they are doing too much to authenticate the story (like reaching out to the Biden campaign or Biden himself for comment).
    To me...

You're taking a Twitter thread from someone that I don't even have to throw a conspiracy theory together to have doubts about at face value while buying right into what could be something that the folks in question have already been bounced from Twitter over.

To me...

You're taking a Twitter thread from someone that I don't even have to throw a conspiracy theory together to have doubts about at face value while buying right into what could be something that the folks in question have already been bounced from Twitter over.
    You can read the link. The archived post is clear as day. So unless a lesser known Tara Reade used the same profile picture back then knowing she’d one day make sexual assault claims against Biden, I don’t know what else to say. I’m not saying not to investigate though. I’m not a Kavanaugh supporter. I’m just saying I am reserving judgment on this one because it seems fishy and I’m getting Johnny Depp flashbacks if I ignore the smoke. Because there might be fire there.

As for not knowing who these people are, the only people legitimately discussing this are people I’ve never heard of and have no real credibility other than being all in for Sanders.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-26-2020 at 06:30 PM.

You can read the link. The archived post is clear as day. So unless a lesser known Tara Reade used the same profile picture back then knowing she’d one day make sexual assault claims against Biden, I don’t know what else to say. I’m not saying not to investigate though. I’m not a Kavanaugh supporter. I’m just saying I am reserving judgment on this one because it seems fishy and I’m getting Johnny Depp flashbacks if I ignore the smoke. Because there might be fire there.
    I read it.

It took me about one-tenth of a second to realize it was not a disinterested third party.

It's someone with a known agenda who has already been an issue in the past.

If a third party without that agenda looks into it and gets the same results? Different story.

For right now, I'm gonna take that Twitter thread for what it is worth. Which is not much.

I read it.

It took me about one-tenth of a second to realize it was not a disinterested third party.

It's someone with a known agenda who has already been an issue in the past.

If a third party without that agenda looks into it and gets the same results? Different story.

For right now, I'm gonna take that Twitter thread for what it is worth. Which is not much.
    I’m not talking about Twitter my man. I’m talking about her archived article, verbatim.

And, again, the only people discussing this are people with no credibility, who support Sanders or Trump, and haven’t approached Biden with a request for comment. Without those things, it is basically a smear campaign. They have to do better to establish credibility of this—like they did with everyone who accused Trump.

I’m not talking about Twitter my man. I’m talking about her archived article, verbatim.

And, again, the only people discussing this are people with no credibility, who support Sanders or Trump, and haven’t approached Biden with a request for comment. Without those things, it is basically a smear campaign. They have to do better to establish credibility of this—like they did with everyone who accused Trump.
    So...

A Twitter thread from an account that is suspect.

At best.

I'm not saying that the entire thing won't wind up coming apart in the end.

I'm just not going to take one bit of the stuff you are mentioning as anything like "On The Level..." based on who we are talking about.

It's going to need to be someone else looking into it, from the ground up.

So...

A Twitter thread from an account that is suspect.

At best.

I'm not saying that the entire thing won't wind up coming apart in the end.

I'm just not going to take one bit of the stuff you are mentioning as anything like "On The Level..." based on who we are talking about.

It's going to need to be someone else looking into it, from the ground up.
    There we can agree, which I why I’m not presuming that this happened.

But, again, I wasn’t relying entirely on that Twitter thread. Again, I will give you the article that the accuser wrote herself:

And I do think it is inconsistent with typical behavior to go around pleading with networks to run your new story, a year after your old allegations surfaced (which were much milder and more in line with everyone else’s). I also find it lacking credibility that the only people willing to put their neck out there for this are other biased people, who are either Trump or Sanders supporters, who definitely have a vested interest in letting this thing pick up steam without any vetting and without a comment from Biden’s team to defend himself. At that point, it is just a coordinated smear effort. Someone needs to take a hard look at all of this and determine if the account is authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    People should take this seriously and nOT protect Biden.
    They're all about #metoo except when it's their guy...

They can't say she's a Russian plant or a Bernie Bros, since she supported Warren.

What they will do is Ignore her, and hope it goes away.

Joe Biden Said He Believes All Women. Does He Believe Tara Reade?
    A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
    In this regard, Biden definately should not be protected.

Hopefully someone does a thorough enough investigation. Democrats obviously don't want this hovering over their shoulder come November.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Hopefully someone does a thorough enough investigation. Democrats obviously don't want this hovering over their shoulder come November.
    Certainly. We need a thorough investigation of these claims. It seems to be getting more mainstream attention given Yahoo News ran a story about it. Let’s see Biden’s reaction. It might tell us all we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump, his November opponent, has a score of women accusing him of sexual assault or attempted rape, and even boasted about it with cameras on. To say nothing about how he loved to party with Jeffrey Epstein.

That doesn't excuse Biden, but in perspective, we're still easily talking about the lesser of the two remaining evils.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump, his November opponent, has a score of women accusing him of sexual assault or attempted rape, and even boasted about it with cameras on. To say nothing about how he loved to party with Jeffrey Epstein.

That doesn't excuse Biden, but in perspective, we're still easily talking about the lesser of the two remaining evils.
    We can’t ask people to choose between two rapists. If these allegations are true, then Biden needs to drop out and pledge his delegates to someone else or let Sanders take it.