Page 693 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 17573
  1. #10381
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    ...

    I'm confused... so are you saying the online attacks by Sanders supporters ARE actually Trump supporters, because (as I deduced) that seems to the only person who gains from festering such negativity in his camps?

    Politely, I'd question your deductive abilities there.

    To answer a question with a question...

    Is that honestly the only two groups you can see winding up with a potential benefit from what you described?

  2. #10382
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm happy that Biden is doing so well, unfortunately Sanders is at 18% so far. That gives him delegates and makes it hard to catch up with him.
    If anything, Biden needs a little more credit than he has been given.

    It's the guys first caucus/primary win ever.

  3. #10383
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    You are so lost..
    Ah yes, the person who couldn't back up their claim they were being "hacked". I lose track of what obtuse things Berniacs say, so you'll have to forgive me. Perhaps if there was less of a sea of asinine remarks, it'd be easy to stay focused. But here is what was actually said first: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4845789

    At which point you tried to equivocate "harassment" with claims of sexism, abuse, and death threats. Here are but a few examples.

    Equivocating: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4846286
    Equivocating: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4846286

    It was equivocation from the very start. You just got so far down the rabbit hole you forgot how you shifted the goal posts in the first place. You used "harassment" as an equivalent to the three terms above. It isn't. End of story.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 02-29-2020 at 08:29 PM.

  4. #10384
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Biden is going to win by 30 points. A very impressive victory that could change his fortunes on Super Tuesday.

    I don't want him to win but I'll be happy if this makes his supporters that left him for Bloomberg go back to him.
    I think it's actually a bit too late for Biden to get a lot of Momentum. Some states Early voting has just ended and STRONG showings in turnout higher than 2016 is a big thing.

    I know here in NC, we've had higher than normal turnout even though the polling stations showed little activity. We have a LOT of stations to vote at, and that's a good thing. Hell in just the 1 square mile around me and NC state we've got about 6 polling locations, and two on campus.

    So Biden gets his singular win, and we get Super Tuesday, I think the results of Super Tuesday were pretty much sewn up by today.

  5. #10385
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Good job winning a state that has 0 chance of going blue on Election Day.
    Basically this.
    I also find it funny how the MSM thinks Biden is doing so amazing with Blacks and Bernie is still "struggling" by not reaching older blacks in ONE state. A state most young blacks tend to flee. I was one of them.
    Super Tuesday is going to be AWESOME.

  6. #10386
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Good job winning a state that has 0 chance of going blue on Election Day.
    That's not the relevance here. South Carolina is the first time any notable portion of black voters have been able to state their case. It was stated emphatically tonight. That's relevant because black voters have been the lynchpin to all recent Democrat victories.

    Sanders supporters have only two real choices here: Sanders had this problem in 2016. He had very poor support among black voters and it largely cost him the nomination. So, either he has tried to rectify that problem and (thus far) failed. Or he's in the same boat because he never really tried. I'm in the camp of the former, I think he tried. But what he tried clearly didn't work, he has to go back to the drawing board now. A nominee who does not get black voters out for him is all but doomed.

  7. #10387
    Incredible Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Ah yes, the person who couldn't back up their claim they were being "hacked". I lose track of what obtuse things Berniacs say, so you'll have to forgive me. Perhaps if there was less of a sea of asinine remarks, it'd be easy to stay focused. But here is what was actually said first: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4845789

    At which point you tried to equivocate "harassment" with claims of sexism, abuse, and death threats. Here are but a few examples.

    Equivocating: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4846286
    Equivocating: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4846286

    It was equivocation from the very start. You just got so far down the rabbit hole you forgot how you shifted the goal posts in the first place.
    No it wasn't but why should I expect you to get it right after you spent the whole day going after me for a conversation we never had.

    We never posted anything about the story related to the staffer.

    You didn't know what was said, who said it or when it was said, so you being wrong about this equivocation thing makes total sense now. You are just wrong.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  8. #10388
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    No it wasn't but why should I expect you to get it right after you spent the whole day going after me for a conversation we never had.

    We never posted anything about the story related to the staffer.

    You didn't know what was said, who said it or when it was said, so you being wrong about this equivocation thing makes total sense now. You are just wrong.
    No, I misremembered. You equivocated and it's right there in black and white. Your insistence denying your fallacious behavior forced me to go back. Now it's all there. You tried to equate "harassment" with another level of vile behavior as a way of showing "everybody only talks about Bernie supporters but everybody does it". (In a nutshell)

    They do that because it's worse and more prolific. Next time, rather than tripling down on your fallacy, just call out bad behavior without caveats. You'll put yourself in less silly holes.

  9. #10389
    Incredible Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Sanders supporters have only two real choices here: Sanders had this problem in 2016. He had very poor support among black voters and it largely cost him the nomination. So, either he has tried to rectify that problem and (thus far) failed. Or he's in the same boat because he never really tried. I'm in the camp of the former, I think he tried. But what he tried clearly didn't work, he has to go back to the drawing board now. A nominee who does not get black voters out for him is all but doomed.
    Bernie leads with black voters nationally.

    South Carolina is not representative of all black people.

    Biden won almost every group in South Carolina. Very liberal voters went to him by 14 points and that's a group that goes to Bernie in every other state.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  10. #10390
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    No, I misremembered. You equivocated and it's right there in black and white. Your insistence denying your fallacious behavior forced me to go back. Now it's all there. You tried to equate "harassment" with another level of vile behavior as a way of showing "everybody only talks about Bernie supporters but everybody does it". (In a nutshell)

    They do that because it's worse and more prolific. Next time, rather than tripling down on your fallacy, just call out bad behavior without caveats. You'll put yourself in less silly holes.
    She won't. I've had that conversation with her before, she's not going to condemn the Bernie Bros.

  11. #10391
    Incredible Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    They do that because it's worse and more prolific. Next time, rather than tripling down on your fallacy, just call out bad behavior without caveats. You'll put yourself in less silly holes.
    Next time, remember what you're talking about so you don't waste my time about a conversation that never happened.

    All this came up again because you thought I had said something about the staffer story when neither of us made a post about it.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  12. #10392
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    Looks like I agree with Warren on 75% of issues, with Bernie on only 60%, and shockingly with Steyer on 50%. Though admittedly I was just guessing on some of those.
    Steyer is starting to seem like a pretty average candidate. Everyone seems to agree with him about half the time.

  13. #10393
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Bernie leads with black voters nationally.
    Most polls do not show this. They show Biden ahead, though Bernie has gained ground over time.

  14. #10394
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    She won't. I've had that conversation with her before, she's not going to condemn the Bernie Bros.
    She did at one point when I pressed her. It doesn't change her fallacious behavior in equivocating, but it is to her credit that she called the behavior out specifically. As you know,that is not something you'll get from a segment of Bernie's supporters.

  15. #10395
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    She did at one point when I pressed her. It doesn't change her fallacious behavior in equivocating, but it is to her credit that she called the behavior out specifically. As you know,that is not something you'll get from a segment of Bernie's supporters.
    She's among the better ones here, but that's not a hard thing to do and she burnt through any credit she gets with enthusiasm. When it comes down to it she's on the Bernie Bros side, not ours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •