Page 617 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 15279
  1. #9241
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Of course, nobody deserves that abuse. Strangely, when it comes from Sanders supporters you do the exact opposite.

    I am, you ignore it and dismiss attacks on women and minorities. I agreed with you on the videos you showed, you continue to act like I didn't.

    The only hypocrisy I'm seeing is what you're posting.






    I've shown evidence of death threats, hit lists and harassment by Bernie Bros against Black women and you still cling to the Bros? What would they have to do for you not to defend them? You're not defending CoPays in this post, you're defending harassment against women and minorities simply because they don't like Sanders.

    Lol. Bernie has the most diverse coalition, but sure, they don't like Sanders.
    Where is your evidence of these bernie Bros death threats, and did you vet them as being true supporters, or people faking the funk?

  2. #9242
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Congratulations, you're the first Sanders supporter to condemn the Bros tactics in this thread.
    Now, this is hilarious. It's another reason why it's hard to have honest conversations with some people in this thread.

  3. #9243
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I found it hilarious that he cited two very old movies instead of, you know, any of the other movies that were nominated THIS YEAR.
    IMO, he's just pandering to his supporters who are, for whatever reason, are very anti-Hollywood.

  4. #9244
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is the flaw you have. You have links. Other people have supplied links and examples with other candidates past and present. You claim that it's more prevalent with Bernie supporters but then when pressed to provide some actual quantification of that you pivot and say people are being dismissive. And quite frankly when the people who continually bring this up are the most negative people in this thread in regards to Sanders and would rather gaslight and attack rather than actually back there hypothesis up with some numbers it's going to make people skeptical.

    They've been condemned by Sanders and nobody here has said they agree or embraced them. The natural pivot you and others have made is that it's not enough. Quite frankly most of us don't believe you guys actually have a stance that would be enough and it's just some red meat. And I'll say you can say that other people are being dismissive but you and others have screamed false equivalency and goal post moving when thirty and others brought examples from other campaigns. So what's it say about you and others that you've all deflected rather than condemn it. I haven't heard any of those candidates condemn that and I haven't seen you and others on this board or the internet in general condemn it.

    And yeah sorry the opinion of women and minorities on Sanders is kind of in and he's strong in both issues. So yeah when it's a bunch of white guys who never liked him, that refuse to quantify there assessment, that refuse to take the same ownership of their support base, that continual just say "he's not doing enough", yeah it just comes off as reaching for another argument and dismissing the feelings of the people you claim are at risk because you think you know better. Like no offense it's hypocritical of Buttigieg and his supporters who actually have shitty racial records that garner no minority support and are comprimised of predominately upper middle class and upper class white people to take it upon themselves to be the guardians here.

    It just comes off as 'when all else fails I'll just externally blame his supporters.

    Like I would challenge you right here, name a single candidate that has done more to address and take precautions on sexual harrassment in their campaign more? Name a single candidate who has openly spoke out about bad online behavior more? Name a single candidate who is being embraced more by the people you are claiming he's putting in danger? There isn't one.

  5. #9245
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Hopefully, the Super Delegate system will work better than the Electoral College at preventing a candidate picked by a foreign power from moving forward.

  6. #9246
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    To his credit, Bernie addressed it directly and unequivocally. Now we wait to see if any of his supporters want to step into the potential "stupid" that abounds with this.

  7. #9247
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    To his credit, Bernie addressed it directly and unequivocally. Now we wait to see if any of his supporters want to step into the potential "stupid" that abounds with this.
    Sanders' reply wasn't completely free from Trumpian elements:

    Sanders tells reporters he learned about Russian interference in his campaign about a month ago.

    But asked why it came out now, Sanders points to the fact that the NV caucuses are a day away. And adds sarcastically, "Washington Post? Good friends."
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  8. #9248
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,235

    Talking

    C'mon comrades embrace the Red,, er feel the Bern.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #9249
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Lol. Bernie has the most diverse coalition, but sure, they don't like Sanders.
    Where is your evidence of these bernie Bros death threats, and did you vet them as being true supporters, or people faking the funk?
    I posted those pages ago and they admitted they were supporters, don't gaslight me. Since when did having a diverse coalition excuse abuse?

    Edit: Here's the Rolling Stone article about Bros who threatened Roberta Lange, where they interview them.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-chair-170919/
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-21-2020 at 03:42 PM.

  10. #9250
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    It appears she got him to heel instead:



    https://twitter.com/MikeBloomberg/st...59194825797632
    Wow. Three whole women. How extraordinary.

  11. #9251
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Since we're on the subject of harassment and how shit some humans can be.
    Here's a story of how some humans can be pretty fucking amazing.

    Bullied for dwarfism, his tearful message went viral. Now, strangers are sending him to Disneyland.



  12. #9252
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I posted those pages ago and they admitted they were supporters, don't gaslight me. Since when did having a diverse coalition excuse abuse?

    Edit: Here's the Rolling Stone article about Bros who threatened Roberta Lange, where they interview them.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-chair-170919/

    Those guys did a bad thing and apologized. /shrug.
    There I said it.
    But where's your post attacking people who lie about Sanders supporters?

    From that same year, this happened in Nevada, along with corruption.

    Did Sanders Supporters Throw Chairs at Nevada Democratic Convention?
    A Las Vegas reporter's second-hand claim Bernie Sanders supporters threw chairs at a Nevada convention was widely reproduced by other news outlets.
    KIM LACAPRIA
    PUBLISHED 19 MAY 2016




    See, the problem we have with many of you guys isn't that we think Sanders is perfect, or his supporters are.
    We have a problem with you people thinking it's ONLY Sanders supporters and Sanders that are the problem.

    You NEVER post an article of another candidate doing this, do you?

    I'm more inclined to believe you're not being disingenuous when you post articles about campaigns supporters, harassing Sanders Supporters.
    When are you going to do that? If you do, will you be consistent in pointing this out? Because otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

  13. #9253
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    There's a reason why I ignore the posts of a few people here. the stuff they post is amazingly bad and one sided.

  14. #9254
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Her conclusions makes her sound like a loon. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but that was how I interpreted her rant.
    Sounded like pretty standard GOP talking points to me. One of the real crazies would have brought up Q-Anon or Hillary Clinton's political assassinations.
    The fact that we can all look at the same thing and still sound like we're from different planets just shows how far to hell everything has gone.

  15. #9255
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Hey Pete, Neo-liberals, Conservadems, and Moderate Centrists, I thought attacking Democrats on a personal level was forbidden?
    Wasn't it you guys that said attacking the Democrat gives the GOP ammunition?

    Critics Attack Buttigieg for Using 'Fox News Propaganda' By Referring to Grassroots Groups Backing Sanders as Dark Money Organizations
    "Disgraceful that Buttigieg continues to smear groups like ours, led by immigrants and people of color—all to boost his own fundraising."



    Former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg came under fire from progressives after claiming in a series of tweets Thursday evening that his rival for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination Sen. Bernie Sanders is being backed by "nine dark money groups" and likening the Vermont senator to billionaire Michael Bloomberg.

    "Say our name, Pete Buttigieg," tweeted the Sunrise Movement. "We dare you."

    The former mayor's comments were aimed at bolstering donations ahead of the Super Tuesday contests on March 3, when 14 states will vote in the Democratic primary.

    "With Michael Bloomberg in the race, and with nine dark money groups supporting Bernie Sanders, the goal posts have changed," Buttigieg said of his campaign's need to raise more money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •