Page 262 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    It can be pretty rough, keeping voters away from the polls is a political strategy in some places. Around me, all of the rural towns used to have their own polling place, but the county cut down and rolled them into one. Now I would have to drive 20 miles to a town I've never even been just to vote.
    I'm lucky, in NJ every community has at least one of not more voting places. I can actually walk from my house to where I vote in less than 10 minutes. Though most people in my community probably drive there since the town is pretty spread out. Still, even driving from the farthest reaches of my town takes about 10 minutes tops.

It's probably somewhat harder in the larger cities, but even they usually have at least one voting place per district or ward. One of the benefits of living in a mostly Blue State.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Living in Philadelphia which has been heavily Democratic for decades now, being able to vote has never been no problem for me (knock on wood), hell, my polling place is literally a ten minute walk from my front door. Still, I don't take anything for granted, given how Republicans have made it their holy war to kill the Civil Rights Act and make voting hard, if not impossible for minorities.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well, there's a fella for the queue.

I actually was working on some research in to white nationalist anti-Muslim activist Laura Loomer, who's running for FL-21, and discovered in an article there's a fella from Charlottesville named Enrique Tarrio running for Congress in Florida, and another dude named Matthew Lusk who's a Qanon conspiracy theorist running for House as well.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/c...-2020-11317073

Including Matt Gaetz, that's at least 4 Republican white nationalists running for Congress in that state alone.

And yes, Neo-Nazi Art Jones is running in Illinois again.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I actually was working on some research in to white nationalist anti-Muslim activist Laura Loomer, who's running for FL-21, and discovered in an article there's a fella from Charlottesville named Enrique Tarrio running for Congress in Florida, and another dude named Matthew Lusk who's a Qanon conspiracy theorist running for House as well.

Including Matt Gaetz, that's at least 4 Republican white nationalists running for Congress in that state alone.

What is it about Florida that attracts all the nutbag white supremacists? The sun? The sand? The warmth? The snowbirds? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What is it about Florida that attracts all the nutbag white supremacists? The sun? The sand? The warmth? The snowbirds? I just don't get it.
    The old, white people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

See, this is what I'm talking about when anyone tells us that we just have to wait for all the old white men to die. There are young white guys, too, just like these pieces of work, running for office and there are going to be more of them to follow, and if we just "wait for the old white men to die," some of these guys are going to get voted into office.

It's been awhile ...

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Marianne Williamson Drops Out of 2020 Race

Marianne Williamson, the self-help author and spiritual adviser whose long-shot presidential campaign called for reparations and a Department of Peace, announced on Friday that she would drop out of the race.

“I stayed in the race to take advantage of every possible opportunity to share our message,” Ms. Williamson said in a message to supporters. “With caucuses and primaries now about to begin, however, we will not be able to garner enough votes in the election to elevate our conversation any more than it is now.”

She added that, in a race as tight as this one, she did not want to “get in the way of a progressive candidate winning” any caucus or primary.

Ms. Williamson, 67, built her campaign around an eclectic mix of progressive policies and lofty pronouncements. President Trump’s election was a symptom of a spiritually diseased society, she said, and only love, not plans, could defeat him.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Sanders hires protester Biden told to 'vote for Trump'

Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I-Vt.) presidential campaign has hired an activist who former Vice President Joe Biden told to “vote for Trump” after he confronted Biden about deportations under the Obama administration, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Carlos E. Rojas, a former leader of the immigrant advocacy group Movimiento Cosecha, announced on Facebook that he will serve as Latinx Constituency Organizer for the Sanders campaign in Iowa ahead of the February Iowa Caucuses.

“As someone who is part of the immigrants rights movement, I believe Sanders has the most progressive platform when it comes to immigration, foreign policy and the best approach when it comes to basic needs like healthcare and education,” Rojas wrote.

“For me, working for Bernie Sanders, is beyond Bernie Sanders - it is about redefining the path we, as a nation, started walking in 2016 under 45. It is about rejecting white supremacy and the scapegoating of vulnerable communities and embracing popular ideals that resonate with a majority of americans like #HealthCareForAll #FreeCollegeEducation #FightFor15 #AbolishICE #CloseTheCamps #CancelCollegeDebt #EndWarsNow etc,” he added.

“Policies are crucial but creating narratives that reframe the us vs them is just as important and I believe the Bernie campaign is best position to intervene with both policy and narrative,” he wrote.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    And the campaign lost its most ineffectual candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's been awhile ...

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:
    Nothing else needs to be said here.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    And the campaign lost its most ineffectual candidate.
    Tim Ryan was a thing, to be fair.

At least Williamson gave us some fun memes.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Tim Ryan was a thing, to be fair.

At least Williamson gave us some fun memes.
    She was our decade's Dennis Kucinich.

So, who's next to go? I'm guessing it'll be Tulsi the Russian Asset. Andrew Yang can use his own money to stay in the race until poll numbers tell him he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, who's next to go? I'm guessing it'll be Tulsi the Russian Asset. Andrew Yang can use his own money to stay in the race until poll numbers tell him he's done.
    Poll numbers already say he is. He's at like 1 or 2%, and now he's being outspent by Steyer & Bloomberg.