Page 88 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192981381885881088 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Trump's siding with you, not me.

But whatever, I'm logging off before I get too heated.

Americans are fucking useless at holding their government accountable, and liberals will side with the right-wing rather than leftists.
    Trump also sides with me that bathing is a part of personal hygiene but I still take showers.

You are defending anti democratic practices in favor of your side. That's some BS. Then you top it with unsubstantiated tinfoil crap. No serious minded person could thus take you seriously.

I look at it thus.

It could be the CIA. Or it could be just a military leader with his eyes on a bigger prize. Maybe a bit from column a and a bit from column b ?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

How Trump of you Gabbard.

The Gabbard campaign’s demand for an apology from Hillary Clinton includes the text they want her to deliver, including "I support and admire the work that Congresswoman Gabbard has done and will continue to do." https://t.co/RldwBFp5cj

Trump's siding with you, not me.

But whatever, I'm logging off before I get too heated.

Americans are fucking useless at holding their government accountable, and liberals will side with the right-wing rather than leftists.
    How do we hold the government accountable if we're not sure the government is responsible?

Given the history of the CIA, it is more likely they are involved than not.

This is what they do.

Is there a chance they aren't involved? Sure, but there's no reason to assume they aren't.

Pinochet was an ambitious general, and he came into power in a CIA backed coup.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is considering a late entry into the Democratic presidential primary.

According to the New York Times....

Former Gov. Deval Patrick of Massachusetts has told Joseph R. Biden Jr. and other Democratic officials that he is considering making a last-minute entry into the presidential race, the latest evidence of how unsettled the party’s primary is less than three months before the Iowa caucuses.

Mr. Patrick told Mr. Biden in a phone conversation last week that he was weighing a bid, according to a Democrat directly familiar with the call, but did not indicate that he had fully decided to run. Mr. Patrick’s conversations with other party officials was confirmed by two other Democrats with knowledge of those talks.

Mr. Patrick has told party leaders that he doesn’t think any of the candidates running have established political momentum and that he thinks there is an opening for somebody who can unite both liberals and moderate Democrats, according to Democrats who have spoken to him.
    An African-American who governed next to New Hampshire does have some advantages in a Democratic primary.

However, he couldn't get a majority of the vote when running for reelection in Massachusetts and came close to resigning as Governor due to the stress his wife was under as first lady.

http://archive.boston.com/news/local...red_resigning/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of the U.S. House Representative from Texas’ 14th Congressional District, Randy Weber, which is also the former Congressional seat held by Ron Paul, whom Weber replaced. Weber has become a particularly surly member of the Texas Congressional delegation and House Freedom Caucus who reacted to the Supreme Court overturning the Defense of Marriage Act by claiming they were “colluding” with the White House, and then tried to write a series of bill phrased to try and circumvent or nullify that decision that all stalled. H also called President Obama the “Kommandant-in-Chief”, compared President Obama's visit to Paris to the one Hitler made in World War II, talked about impeaching him for reasons he couldn’t put into words, and claimed that he couldn’t be trusted to fight ISIS or an Ebola outbreak because people died in Benghazi. But epidemics are something which Rep. Weber seems to have a fascination with, as he’s falsely attributed the spread of tuberculosis and H1N1 to having been spread by illegal immigrants crossing our Southern border. He’s quite the charmer, you see.

Since winning re-election in 2016, boy howdy, has Rep. Weber not kept his mouth shut in Congress. Right at the last session was beginning back in January of 2017, Donald Trump was still president-elect, and had one of those kinds of press conferences where he attacks journalists, responding to CNN’s Jim Acosta’s questions by declaring him “Fake News”. While most reasonable observers would have stepped up and criticized the president for trying to attack the fourth estate and act like the sort of fascist dictators that Randy Weber spent the Obama administration comparing Barack Obama to, and wetting himself in terror. Instead, Rep. Weber chose to get on Twitter to say that Acosta was “disruptive” and “should be fired”:
    It would only take about another three months for Randy Weber to shoot his mouth off again, this time it was in a speech at the sixth annual “Washington- A Man of Prayer” event where he literally broke into tears, sobbing as he begged the forgiveness of God because abortion and same sex marriage are legal. These are the sorts of crocodile tears you only see from televangelists while they’re decrying sin, not a member of Congress with the cameras rolling… but then again, his district is the one that kept electing Ron Paul for years and years.

Weber’s voting record remains as partisan as you’ll find in Congress:

Texas' 14th District has a +12 Republican lean in the Cook Partisan Voting Index, and Randy Weber managed to be re-elected in 2018 with 59% of the vote. This even in spite of the fact that Rep. Weber was believed to have met with Russian oligarch Alexander Torshin, no less with Russian spy Maria Butina in attendance back in 2015, which you’d think would have tainted him as a candidate far more than it did in 2018.

The current discussion seems to be in the “Republican Texodus” as 2020 approaches, and multiple GOP Congressman from the Texas caucus are all opting to retire, rather than run for re-election. As of the writing of this article… we have not seen confirmation that Randy Weber will run again in 2020. But as Texas starts trending blue, and Weber continues to align himself with Donald Trump, the “King of the Lemmings”, and prepares to follow him off a cliff, it’s possible that whether he runs or not, he could be out of office by the time 2021 rolls around.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The current CIA tried to stage a coup in Venezuela. The US was even calling Guaidó the rightful president of Venezuela.

And think of what you're saying. That Trump's incompetence is actually good for Latin America, because it prevents regime change.

Incompetence doesn't mean for a lack of trying. The hardcore right-wing Trump administration is far more likely to do regime change, just look at how they've been ramping up things with Iran.
    We're not saying you're wrong, Rosa. We would just like to see some tangible evidence. Not circumstantial evidence, something concrete.

By the by, longtime Islamophobe and CSGOPOTD, New York Congressman Peter King announced he would be retiring at the end of the current term of Congress.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/longti...k-re-election/

There are still rumors he wants his daughter to run for his seat, instead.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    By the by, longtime Islamophobe and CSGOPOTD, New York Congressman Peter King announced he would be retiring at the end of the current term of Congress.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/longti...k-re-election/

There are still rumors he wants his daughter to run for his seat, instead.
    Way ahead of you on that buddy!

Must be nice to not have to deal with him anymore.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 11-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Gotta say, I find it really telling of how "patriotic" Trump supporters are that all the photo ops I saw of them out to see Trump on Veterans day, they're wearing MAGA gear and holding Trump 2020 signs...

But having nothing on them to support the veterans themselves. Hell, I didn't even see a photo of a MAGA Twit holding a flag on a news site today.

They're going to follow King Lemming off a cliff.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Fucking infuriating!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    This from the same party who wasted two years of our time impeaching Bill Clinton.
    Not to mention Whitewater, Travelgate, Filegate and Vince Fosters death. Republicans wasted tens of millions of dollars and hounded the Clintons mercilessly.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump is not that well liked in NYC despite his long time residency. He lost both the state of New York and NYC to Hillary by pretty wide margins as I recall.