Page 1120 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 12062010201070111011161117111811191120112111221123112411301170 ... LastLast
Results 16,786 to 16,800 of 17573

It was on this date in both 2018, as well as 2019, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” published its first profile of Mary Franson, who was first elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in, yup, you guessed it, in the 2010 Tea Party Wave. Had we to sum her up in but a few words, we would sum it up with “off-brand Michele Bachmann”. Her voting record represents that, what with votes across the board for any anti-choice legislation, a vote for a transphobic bathroom ban, votes against same sex marriage, and votes against raising the minimum wage during the greatest period of income inequality in our nation in at least a century. It isn’t just a matter of Franson being homophobic like Bachmann, either, she’s fine with outright hating all sorts of people who disagree with her… Democrats, mass shooting survivors, the poor… in fact, the only quote we can find about her sticking up for another person is Roy Moore, who she sees as a victim and not a racist old pedophile (more on that in a moment). So brace yourselves, and get ready for the deranged roller coaster that is Mary Franson…

And yet, in spite of all that, Republicans felt no need to have anyone run against Mary in the primary for her seat in the state legislature, and because of the conservative make-up of that district, she still coasted to victory with 62% of the vote. The only bit of good news we have is that on Election Day, Franson released a video on Facebook Live where a gust of wind blew the campaign sign she was holding around so it spun and smacked her in the face. We’re crossing our fingers and hoping the voters of her district give her the electoral equivalent of that in 2020, though.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Wow Trump just suggested getting rid of coronavirus by bringing "light inside the body" ... "either through the skin or in some other way" or using disinfectant: "is there a way you can do something like that by injection or some other way."
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Biden leads Trump in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida according to recent polling.

Biden also is beating Trump in key states like Arizona and Ohio. Now, again, a lot can change between now and November. But Trump being weaker when Biden has had virtually no coverage and we are still in the thick of a public health crisis where he has had highest approval ratings since taking office is certainly not a good sign.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 04-23-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Breed albino leeches or somethin'. Douse them in holy water too.

Ultimate Member

Chick Fila reopened here and the line was down the street-MULTIPLE streets.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...r-at-home.html

The governor’s plan for other businesses fell short on details during his press briefing. However, Abbott said he will announce next steps to reopen the economy Monday, April 27.
    Some leaders in Dallas County don’t want to wait.
    Commissioner John Wiley Price said, “Don’t leave out barbershops. Barber and beauty shops.”
    There was a heated discussion as commissioners debated and interrogated health experts on their rationale in delaying the opening of certain businesses.
    "I’m talking about people and survival,” Price told the group.
    Commissioner Price wants to open more non-essential businesses, like salons, that offer personal services.
    Price explained, “You don’t want to talk about things that are very fundamental, in terms of trying to open communities that are the most hardest hit. Most severely economically impacted in terms of this community.”
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavi...rders/2356298/

Owner Shelley Luther says her business is essential and enough is enough.
    “We have the constitutional right to be able to work to provide for our families, to pay our mortgages and I don’t feel it’s right to close us down for this long period of time,” said Luther.

Despite Dallas County and state orders, Luther is opting to open her salon of three years to the 19 tenants who rent space from her, if they would like to come in and work, and to willing clients.

“We have some ladies that have been getting their hair done by these hairstylists for over 30 years. It’s a big deal for them to look nice and look presentable,” she said. “It’s got to be very, very depressing for them to not be able to get out of the house at all when they’re feeling ok, they’re not sick. They just want to look nice.”

Luther stresses she’s come up with her own COVID-19 rules for everyone’s safety, including:

Stations have been set up six feet apart. Clients have to stay in their cars until their appointments. Everyone must wear a mask before entering the salon.

“No one is forcing my tenants, no one is forcing any clients to come in if they don’t want to. It is their personal choice as an American to come into the salon if they want to and they have that right.”

Dallas County ordered hair salons, nail salons and barbershops to close on March 22.
    Luther followed the order and shuttered her business.

Under the governor’s executive order last week, salons and barbershops are ordered to remain closed until further notice.
    Luther says she’s out of options. She has three jobs, but has been without work for weeks.

She says she’s applied for SBA loans and unemployment to no avail.
    While she says she has not been charging her tenants rental fees since March, she is still on the hook for rent.
    Luther says she even had to borrow money from a friend to make a rent payment.

Ultimate Member

https://www.keranews.org/post/were-b...rices-district

Dallas County's longest-sitting commissioner and its only African American, John Wiley Price, didn't take well to recent county-wide closures of pawn shops, check-cashing businesses and barber shops due to COVID-19.

Price, whose district includes southern Dallas and some of the county's poorest neighborhoods, talked with us about the economic and health issues felt keenly by his constituents.

Reporter Bill Zeeble: Commissioner Price, I'm glad you agreed to talk to us. You were quoted the other day saying it was easier for a dog to get a haircut than your constituents [in District 3]. I'm wondering how things might have changed.

John Wiley Price: Well, unfortunately not much. Animals can get groomed. But there are thousands of cosmetologists and barbers ... who basically make it day-to-day and can't seem to catch a break right now. ... I have also been monitoring pawn shops. I've driven around, and there is a [long] line for people who are unbanked.

Zeeble: I mean, I'm an education reporter, and I'm thinking the untold story is how many students are out there with zero internet. What you're telling me is that there's any number of constituents in your district who are in the same boat, whether they're student age or whether they're elderly, that they just don't have the money.

Price: And the Infrastructure's not there.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, Dr. Dumbass should know all about light after staring up at the solar eclipse a couple of years ago.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Dr. Dumbass should know all about light after staring up at the solar eclipse a couple of years ago.
    He doesn't know anything about light, cause he's a Dim Wit. A dangerous one at that.

Medical experts denounce Trump's latest 'dangerous' suggestion to treat Covid-19

BTW If anyone here is on Twitter and is looking for someone to follow/be a follower, PM me. I'll share my Twitter ID.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A special messaghe from the treasurer of the Wisconsin GOP.

https://twitter.com/BossRobinVos/sta...87217218797568

Remember the date, April 23, 2020, the president of the United States inquires about injecting people with disinfectant as a means to fighting a virus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/stat...813173760?s=19

After the chloroquine situation, I really hope his lemmings don’t try this.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-23-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

He suggested that gargling bleach for about 5 minutes will do the job.

That... that really made me really angry. Bleach is what some people go to when it comes to ending it all (I know I shouldn't divulge personal information, but I was at a very low point in my life after being effectively fired from what I thought was my dream job and contemplated suicide by consumption of bleach to where I was holding the bottle, and then thought about my brother and the people who did care about me and stopped before going to my therapist for an emergency appointment and spilling my guts out), and he looks at it like it's Granny's secret remedy or something! Misinformation like this is what got hundreds of people killed in Iran weeks ago, and Trump's followers, as much as we mock them to hell and back, believe him that much that they'll do this. After all, they've practically denied lupus patients of their lifesaving medicine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Twitter pointed out that NY gives the USA 116 Billion in taxes etc, meanwhile Kentucky TAKES 164 billion.
    All the welfare states are red

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    All the welfare states are red
    Welfare kings? Red kings?

Sounds villainous. What red king makes me think of is the Crimson King from Stephen King's novels, and he's outspoken against the GOP in his state and in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Remember the date, April 23, 2020, the president of the United States inquires about injecting people with disinfectant as a means to fighting a virus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/stat...813173760?s=19

After the chloroquine situation, I really hope his lemmings don’t try this.
    All my social media feeds blew up with this, and what a f***ing moron Trump is. I've never seen one thing he's done get this kind of reaction. Like, "covfefe" people noticed, but there was some bemusement.

This has made people furious.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    All my social media feeds blew up with this, and what a f***ing moron Trump is. I've never seen one thing he's done get this kind of reaction. Like, "covfefe" people noticed, but there was some bemusement.

This has made people furious.
    As Hillary said, 'Don't take medical advice from the man who looked directly into an eclipse."