Page 534 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 344344845245305315325335345355365375385445846341034 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't get the hate for unions. I was raised in CA and my parents always worked minimum wage jobs in the service industry. When they moved to Las Vegas, they both stayed in the service industry but with unions. They then made a livable wage plus benefits they didn't see working outside unions. Now retired, both earn a pension from their unions to supplement their Medicare income.
    Every time I've been at a job with a Union, it felt like I was being forced to pay for something that never benefited me. One of those jobs was UPS, and that was definitely the case as the Union seemed to exist solely for protecting the workers who had been there for 20+ years, and the new hires all got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Every time I've been at a job with a Union, it felt like I was being forced to pay for something that never benefited me. One of those jobs was UPS, and that was definitely the case as the Union seemed to exist solely for protecting the workers who had been there for 20+ years, and the new hires all got screwed.
    Whilst I understand the frustration at the same time thats how public healthcare works. Just because you've not had a problem yourself doesnt mean its irrelevant. Now if they FORCE you to join then thats an issue.

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    This season of the White House sucks, especially now that we are bringing back some old regulars for cheap rating boosts. Ugh. I hope we get a new showrunner this year.
    I'm hoping the writers kill off a major character this season.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whilst I understand the frustration at the same time thats how public healthcare works. Just because you've not had a problem yourself doesnt mean its irrelevant. Now if they FORCE you to join then thats an issue.
    That was the thing- you were REQUIRED to join the union when you were hired. You never had a choice. If I did have a choice back then, I wouldn't have done it.

I need to be clear- lots of unions do good things for their members. I'm sure I benefited from the union at Schnucks supermarket. But UPS really soured me on Unions, because they did everything they could to increase retirement benefits and healthcare for older employees, at the expense of the younger employees.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm hoping the writers kill off a major character this season.
    Actually, they also brought back the guy who got fired because he could get a security clearance to oversee the hiring of new federal employees.

BANNED

As a black man. I refuse to vote for Bloomberg. I'm just not. If Bernie isn't a Democrat, then what the hell is Mike?
    Never liked or trusted him. Dudes a Republican and the Blue no matter who crowd is starting to love the guy buying the election.
    I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As a black man. I refuse to vote for Bloomberg. I'm just not. If Bernie isn't a Democrat, then what the hell is Mike?
    Never liked or trusted him. Dudes a Republican and the Blue no matter who crowd is starting to love the guy buying the election.
    I'm good.
    I mean their both opportunists tbf. If the Republican party could give Bernie what he wanted I'd have little doubt he'd try his hand there.

I mean their both opportunists tbf. If the Republican party could give Bernie what he wanted I'd have little doubt he'd try his hand there.
    Wouldn't everyone?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Wouldn't everyone?
    So by that Merit why should we **** on Bloomberg for him running as a Democrat. Yeah he's done shitty things which we SHOULD criticise him about but not just because he felt running as a Democrat was better

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Wouldn't everyone?
    I am not surprised you think that.

Extraordinary Member

I think that's ridiculus. He caucases with the Democrats and votes with the Democrats the majority of the time. He's basically an independent for street cred. Bloomberg was a Democrat for less time than Donald Trump was. False equivalency there. Bernie does Dems a favor not running as an independent.

Exclamation

In Canada Via Rail cancels most trains nationwide, CN closes Eastern Canadian network as Indigenous protests over western pipeline expansion continue -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cn-...down-1.5463266

Glad I'm at my home in the US right now.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think that's ridiculus. He caucuses with the Democrats and votes with the Democrats the majority of the time. He's basically an independent for street cred. Bloomberg was a Democrat for less time than Donald Trump was. False equivalency there. Bernie does Dems a favor not running as an independent.
    That is actually one of the problems I have with him.
    He's wearing an ill fitting shirt for street cred, too.
    He is a millionaire who pretends not to be able to afford a comb.
    He had plastic surgery to look younger.
    He started hiring very visible black staffers when people pointed out that he had only ever hired one before he ran for president.

Bernard is, in his way, as authentic as Willard Romney.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Biden's lead remains almost exactly the same in Georgia, but if you look at the details, everything else has changed.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!