Page 111 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 11611011071081091101111121131141151211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I just don't see how this can possibly play well with the American public at large. Even trump supporters know he lies all the time. Is it worth it attacking a decorated active duty officer to make trump smile at the tv? I mean really?
    There were a lot of Republicans who bemoaned during the 2016 RNC that backing Cadet Bone Spurs and watching him attack a Gold Star Family while never thanking the troops was effectively ceding patriotism and supporting the troops to Democrats.

Today just furthered the trend.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The true cult members won't care much.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm referring to wearing the uniform. It's a requirement for him. The rank thing is just the GOP being assholes.
    Of course. As a veteran, it pisses me off royally that Republicans are shitting on a decorated serviceman like Lt. Col. Vindman solely because he's making life miserable for Spongedon Whinepants. If Vindman offered testimony that favored Trump or cleared him of any culpability in the Ukraine mess, those same fuckwads would be praising him to high heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I just don't see how this can possibly play well with the American public at large. Even trump supporters know he lies all the time. Is it worth it attacking a decorated active duty officer to make trump smile at the tv? I mean really?
    To keep Trump fat, dumb and happy? HELL YEAH!!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This smells of Trump doing an old school Mafia shakedown with the goal being to piss off South Korea to the point of relations going down the proverbial toilet. If that were to happen, it would make Rocketman happier than a pig in slop, and maybe, just maybe, restart those dormant denuclearization talks that Trump hopes would earn him that Nobel Prize he craves.

Babbling endlessly like a brook before adoringly brainless rubes like he does at his inane rallies? Sure. Facing a hostile phalanx of Democrats determined to wring the truth out him about the Ukraine mess while treating him like Republicans treated Hillary? Don't see that happening. Trump doesn't have the temperament to put up with that sort of grilling, he'll either **** up and reveal something that'll crucify him, or he'll blow like a volcano, make a colossal ass out of himself and show the country he's unfit for office. Oh, yes, the GOP would just LOVE to see THAT shitshow in prime time!
    I want to be clear that I think it's possible for Trump to be interested in it, and maybe even talked into it, not that I think he would do well in those circumstances.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don’t know if anyone had heard about this development:

Chief Justice Gives Trump Temporary Reprieve in Financial Records Case

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. on Monday temporarily blocked an appeals court ruling that required President Trump to turn over financial records to a House committee. The brief order gave no reasons and served to maintain the status quo while the justices decided how to proceed.

In a letter to the court earlier on Monday, lawyers for the committee said they did not oppose a brief interim stay. In entering one, the chief justice ordered the committee’s lawyers to file papers on whether to grant a longer stay by Thursday. If the justices grant a longer stay, they will next consider whether to hear Mr. Trump’s appeal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don’t know if anyone had heard about this development:

Chief Justice Gives Trump Temporary Reprieve in Financial Records Case
    It means they're getting ready to rule.

And they want to do it without RBG on the sidelines.

Roberts would oversee an impeachment trial.

The SCOTUS will begin ruling on evidence and if it can be used in a trial.

Depending on how/what is entered into evidence, I think you'll see the GOP change their tune.

The whistle blower would be a material witness, which is why they have not shown up ... yet. I would hazard a guess the financial records of Trump are for motive. And that's not counting the "little" things.

The hearings are to show the gravity of the situation.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-19-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ambassador Volker strikes me, at times, as being rather clueless.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ambassador Volker strikes me, at times, as being rather clueless.
    OR kept out of the loop ... something that shouldn't have happened.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Nunes likes the Magic Minutes.

I think that is going to bite him in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    OR kept out of the loop ... something that shouldn't have happened.
    Which considering how he speaks of meeting with Giuliani and even Parnas is weird?? Like how did he not know something weird was happening?

Also. This is still going!!!

Nunes's closing statement has me rolling my eyes so hard, I think I gave myself a migraine.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I feel anxious and less in control of my life the longer this presidency endures. Getting to 20:20 feels like a GD mudcrawl.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Nunes's closing statement has me rolling my eyes so hard, I think I gave myself a migraine.
    OMG.....like, every time he speaks!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Just more and more stupidity.

“Let me go off the record for just a second,” Mark Meadows tells a scrum of reporters, apparently not realizing he’s being broadcast live on C-SPAN3. https://t.co/AJ2nMLEcMJ