Page 952 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 45285290294294894995095195295395495595696210021052 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 17573
  1. #14266
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sanders can do great things without running for president, he's running a campaign not a charity. The only reason the race is still going, despite the contravirus being a thing, is because he's to egoistical to lose gracefully. Any other candidate, aside from Tulsi, would have thrown in towel long ago in his position. Sanders lost.
    All I'm hearing is...

    "How Dare This Guy Have The Audacity To Actually Do The Right Thing And Make A Difference While Running For President?..."

    Yeah...

    The nerve of that guy.

  2. #14267
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Anyone check to see if Rand Paul's boots had straps?


    Last edited by Tazirai; 03-23-2020 at 08:59 PM.

  3. #14268
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sanders can do great things without running for president, he's running a campaign not a charity. The only reason the race is still going, despite the contravirus being a thing, is because he's to egoistical to lose gracefully. Any other candidate, aside from Tulsi, would have thrown in towel long ago in his position. Sanders lost.
    I guess Sanders is the only person to ever run who had an ego? Lol.
    I mean Hillary Clinton immediately dropped out for Obama right?

  4. #14269
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    It's almost like Americans who don't fall for the propaganda when not in the states, and listen to party elites, and "Liberal" Media.
    That's a pretty large win. It's also amazing that people who experience Bernies Policies, like Bernie.


    Sanders wins Democrats abroad primary

    Doesn't change much, but still good to see when Propaganda isn't a factor.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/polit...oad/index.html

    Democrats Abroad is the official arm of the Democratic Party for Americans living overseas, and voters in 180 countries cast their ballots in the primary. Sanders won 57.9% of the vote and 9 delegates, and former Vice President Joe Biden won 22.7% of the vote and 4 delegates.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 03-23-2020 at 09:04 PM.

  5. #14270
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    This is not good... That site is gonna give me bad vibes for NC...


  6. #14271
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Golly, it's like Trump is a leader of a cult.

  7. #14272
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It's almost like Americans who don't fall for the propaganda when not in the states, and listen to party elites, and "Liberal" Media.
    That's a pretty large win. It's also amazing that people who experience Bernies Policies, like Bernie.


    Sanders wins Democrats abroad primary

    Doesn't change much, but still good to see when Propaganda isn't a factor.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/polit...oad/index.html
    America is a liberal republic. It's conservative by European and South American standards, liberal by the standards of just about anywhere else and still kinda dumb by Singaporean standards.

    As you say, big surprise that people living in a more liberal area who've implemented Bernie-like policies vote for Bernie. That's a chicken and egg situation to an extent.

  8. #14273
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    America is a liberal republic. It's conservative by European and South American standards, liberal by the standards of just about anywhere else and still kinda dumb by Singaporean standards.

    As you say, big surprise that people living in a more liberal area who've implemented Bernie-like policies vote for Bernie. That's a chicken and egg situation to an extent.
    That doesn't make any sense. Americans have lived in this insane Frankenstein of a socioeconomic system for decades and pretty much everyone hates it, you put any of Bernie's policies up for a national referendum and they would pass easily.

  9. #14274
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Many were theorizing that the reason Trump originally excluded Great Britain and Ireland from the travel ban was because he of his golf clubs/resorts that are located there.

  10. #14275

  11. #14276
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    All I'm hearing is...

    "How Dare This Guy Have The Audacity To Actually Do The Right Thing And Make A Difference While Running For President?..."

    Yeah...

    The nerve of that guy.
    Maybe you should get your ears checked. You may need a hearing aid. Many of us like Bernie Sanders and agree with his proposed policies. Why do you interpret our realism as hatred of Bernie?
    Watching television is not an activity.

  12. #14277
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Maybe you should get your ears checked. You may need a hearing aid. Many of us like Bernie Sanders and agree with his proposed policies. Why do you interpret our realism as hatred of Bernie?
    If you are saying stuff like...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sanders can do great things without running for president, he's running a campaign not a charity. The only reason the race is still going, despite the contravirus being a thing, is because he's to egoistical to lose gracefully. Any other candidate, aside from Tulsi, would have thrown in towel long ago in his position. Sanders lost.
    I don't have much of a reason to create some scenario where that's just being "Realistic..."

    If you're going out of you way to take a swipe at a guy who just raised a bunch of money?

    After a certain point, I'm just going to go with how it looks.

    Namely...

    "How Dare This Guy Have The Audacity To Actually Do The Right Thing And Make A Difference While Running For President?..."

  13. #14278
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I don't have much of a reason to create some scenario where that's just being "Realistic..."

    If you're going out of you way to take a swipe at a guy who just raised a bunch of money?

    After a certain point, I'm just going to go with how it looks.

    Namely...

    "How Dare This Guy Have The Audacity To Actually Do The Right Thing And Make A Difference While Running For President?..."
    Ignoring context, we both know he's lost. Since he has lost clearly he should spend the majority of his time running that charity rather than distracting himself and putting voters lives at risk over nothing. Doing the right thing is quitting his campaign, endorsing Biden and creating a charity to do this full time.

  14. #14279
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Americans have lived in this insane Frankenstein of a socioeconomic system for decades and pretty much everyone hates it, you put any of Bernie's policies up for a national referendum and they would pass easily.
    Dissatisfaction with a system is not "hatred" of it.

    I notice Sanders supporters tend to use the term "hate" a lot as if everything fits into their black and white paradigm of how things should be.

    Just because someone doesn't always agree with something or someone does not mean they "hate" what they disagree with.

    Your bias isn't reality -- if Sanders political ideology was that popular then people would vote for it.

  15. #14280

    Default

    On this date in 2015, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Marg Baker, a former candidate for the Florida House of Representatives in 2012 who would give her stump speech and use words like “earmarks” and “pork” without understanding what those terms actually mean. She also demonized ACORN, thinking that it was a sinister plot to commit massive voter fraud based on the bogus investigative report released by Breitbart journalist James O’Keefe that demonized the organization, and she never did wise up to the fact that it was all a hoax. Baker’s campaign website also only would release statements that were directly from her, without the benefit of having any proof-reading done, either by editing software or by a human being and thus, filled with a variety of glaring spelling errors. And one of those garbled screeds on immigration featured Baker’s idea to round up all the undocumented workers and put them in internment camps. When asked about this stance, Baker seemed to think it was a practice used against immigrants in the 1940s and 1950s, and there is still some uncertainty if she can’t tell a free immigrant from a captive one, or if she remembers Japanese internment camps as having been filled with Mexicans. Baker obviously flopped in the primary for her seat, and is no longer being propped up by Glenn Beck’s 9/12 movement as a Tea Party candidate, fading from view entirely.


    In 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” published profiles of Matt Schaefer, who has served in the Texas House of Representatives now since 2012, and seems to be brain-damaged in a way that makes him focus on certain issues more than Texas Republicans usually do. On firearms, he co-sponsored HB 910, to authorize the concealed carry of handguns, voted for SB 11, to authorize concealed handguns on college campuses, and co-sponsored HB 928, a bill to cut funding to any state law enforcement agency that attempts to enforce federal firearms laws. Schaefer also has voted to drug test welfare recipients (always a failed conservative policy), voted against equal pay for women, and voted for Texas' HB 2, one of the most restrictive anti-abortion laws ever passed in the United States. That still didn't sate his appetite for anti-abortion fanaticism, as he proposed an amendment to Texas HB 2510 that would force pregnant women to carry even non-viable fetuses to term after 20 weeks of pregnancy, even if the fetus had a "severe or irreversible abnormality" or it meant the fact that carrying a stillborn child to term could risk them dying of sepsis or other unnecessary suffering. He defended the move by citing scripture, saying that suffering is "part of the human condition, since sin entered the world." Oh, and in August of 2014, Schaefer provided a unique solution to our nation's immigration dilemma... he called for "covert" and "overt" military operations to be carried out in Mexico against crime cartels. Yes, that's correct... he called for American forces to invade one of our allies. In the past session of the Texas state legislature, Schaefer was working to pass transphobic bathroom legislation to keep people at the state capitol from using the bathroom of their biological gender.

    And, wouldn't you know it, Matt Schaefer was elected to a fourth term in 2018 on the benefit of running unopposed by a Democrat, and only having Rabbi Neal Katz run against him as an Independent candidate in the general election. Schaefer completely stepped in s*** after a series of mass shootings in Midland and Odessas, Texas in September of 2019, even before Odessa even had an official body count… Schaefer decided to go online on Facebook to provide his thoughts on gun control, and how the real solution was… PRAYING:

    Look, we know Texas is moving to the left as 2020 approaches, but will it have moved enough to avoid seeing Matt Schaefer re-elected to a fifth term in offce?

    Lord, we hope so.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •