Page 946 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369429439449459469479489499509569961046 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    During the Senate GOP lunch today, Moran told colleagues that Rand was at the gym this morning, per two sources briefed on the lunch, and that he was swimming in the pool. Rand got his COVID-19 results back this morning.
    Twitter Link

So Rand Paul is either trying to infect his fellow members or is too stupid to know he’s doing it.

Way to go, Kentucky.
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Mitt Romney just quarantined himself also, since he and Rand had lunch on Friday.

Mighty Member

Don't care much for his politics (Privatizing social security/Medicaid) but I hope he is okay, and wish him a healthy recovery, as I do with all, whatever side of the political aisle they may sit on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's standard operating procedures for what the Democrats are doing right now. Be more specific about how you want them to change tactics.

They're not miracle workers, and doing a "better job" is super vague that could mean absolutely anything. You don't seem to get that the GOP have inherent advantages which are difficult to overcome. Trump is not the left with the Democrats about anything. What's your opinion on Jimmy Dore?

Of course, they're Republicans.
    So for posterity the top portion of this wasn’t true. The relief package the Republicans were taking the lead on failed in the Senate, the Democrats are saying they will put forth their own Bill, and Mitch McConnell is blaming the Democrats for blocking it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    So for posterity the top portion of this wasn’t true. The relief package the Republicans were taking the lead on failed in the Senate, the Democrats are saying they will put forth their own Bill, and Mitch McConnell is blaming the Democrats for blocking it.
    Democrats have been passing loads of bills from the House, the problem is the Senate - which acts like a bottleneck since it's controlled by the GOP.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977...emocrats-trump

You have yet to explain what measures the Dems need to take which would satisfy you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Democrats have been passing loads of bills from the House, the problem is the Senate - which acts like a bottleneck since it's controlled by the GOP.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977...emocrats-trump

You have yet to explain what measures the Dems need to take which would satisfy you.
    Literally what I said they should do, that you claimed they did, that they actually in reality didn’t do and now are getting attacked for because they didn’t go first. You have yet to explain why something you claimed happened didn’t in fact happen

And this is why we make those karma jokes about Rand Paul. He cares only for himself and makes all sorts of nonsensical libertarian arguments for why it's okay. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish death on him or even severe physical suffering. But I do hope the people of Kentucky keep these actions of Paul's in mind the next time he's up for reelection.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And this is why we make those karma jokes about Rand Paul. He cares only for himself and makes all sorts of nonsensical libertarian arguments for why it's okay. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish death on him or even severe physical suffering. But I do hope the people of Kentucky keep these actions of Paul's in mind the next time he's up for reelection.
    Rand Paul is a shithead who cares more about his libertarian posturing than actually helping people. Always has and it’s fundamentally the issue with Libertarians. We aren’t in the 1700’s.

The problem with libertarians is that their mythical "free market" can only work the way they say it will if everyone selling goods and services is honest about those goods and services. However, the history of advertising tells us that that rarely happens.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

I think it's more a case of how the wealthy and powerful think they are completely detached from the consequences of their actions (or reality for that matter). Never mind the sheer assholery of not self-quarantining.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.

It failed in the Senate because Democrats all voted against it. It needs 60 votes to go forward.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ongress-141360
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It failed in the Senate because Democrats all voted against it. It needs 60 votes to go forward.

Which isn’t my point.

When this exchange started..... I said Dems should agree on a superior bill first. Pass it in the house. Then force Republicans to vote against it and make them sell killing that for a worse bill. Steel said they were doing that and I should be more specific.

That absolutely is not what happened here and now the Dems are coming from behind to craft an alternative bill while Republicans hit them for killing the current bill that exists

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Because Americans are stupid and entitled we have a spineless government. We are heading towards a complete shutdown because people can’t control themselves and people will die because of it
    Not just here either. People in Italy, before the lock down were still hosting parties. Germany is having issues with people too. People are selfish, yes, but a lot are not, and are obeying the rules.

I'm hearing of teens that are pissed off at other teens and college students that are not taking this seriously. So I guess it's a question of how you're raised in this case.

Ps. Glad to see your safe knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Not just here either. People in Italy, before the lock down were still hosting parties. Germany is having issues with people too. People are selfish, yes, but a lot are not, and are obeying the rules.

I'm hearing of teens that are pissed off at other teens and college students that are not taking this seriously. So I guess it's a question of how you're raised in this case.

Ps. Glad to see your safe knight.
    Thanks. With my family in Boston. Debating when I should fly back to my place in Denver. But at least I’m state side and safe. Someone I meant down there is still stuck there and she probably will have to call the consulate to get off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Sounds like the GOP just want to screw the average Joe while the dems want to help him.

According to a senior Democratic aide, the party's concerns with the GOP proposal center on $500 billion for corporations; stock buyback language that can be waived by the Treasury Secretary; only a two-year time frame on executive compensation limits; and no provisions to protect individuals from eviction.

Democrats also object to what they say is an insufficient amount of money for state and local governments and providing only three months of unemployment insurance. Democrats initially asked for $750 billion in state aid, and Republicans have countered with far less.