Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
I think the rule change in Pennsylvania was good - the goal is to create competitive districts without much partisan lean, and as many as possible across the state while trying to keep the districts relatively compact. That forces either party to appeal to the people.

Aaaaaand on a different note, here's something that I can hit my parents with when they start talking about how a Democratic president would hurt the economy. The last recession to start under a Democratic president was under Jimmy Carter, meanwhile the last Republican president to NOT have a recession was spoilers:
Abraham Lincoln.
end of spoilers

spoilers:
Although the 1926-1927 recession that started and ended under Calvin Coolidge was rather mild, and driven almost entirely by Ford shuttering business completely for 6 full months in order to retool from the Model T to the Model A. But then, if you subscribe to the theory that it takes 6-12 months for new economic policy to truly have an impact, then you might consider what happened within that timeframe after Silent Cal left office in 1929.
end of spoilers
Wasnt Carters recession completely out of his hands though ? Dude had control over the oil crisis