Page 675 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725775 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I remember when Justin Amash was the DAHLINK! of the Democrats in their shitty attempt to impeach Trump.
    But look at how he votes...
    Can we PLEASE stop believing the GOP has good intentions when it comes to helping people?
    Rep. Amash among 4 lawmakers to vote against anti-lynching bill
    Pretty sure I held in the belief that Amash was still libertarian garbage, and that him hating Trump was just a broken clock being right twice a day.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Still not wrong. Even after that article Bernie was talking about the states he won.
    Yes, you are wrong. There are actual quotes from your lord and savior.

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...etType=PAYWALL

Don't be Trumpian. It's disgusting. Bernie flip-flop, and that's what it is, is politically motivated. Strategically it's smart for him to claim it just like Hillary did because he's the front runner.

Where things go afield is when you and other Bernie worshippers here lie or contort to change facts into falsehoods so your exalted one isn't besmirched. Jesus christ dude....be better.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 02-27-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yes, you are wrong. There are actual quotes from your lord and savior.

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...etType=PAYWALL

Don't be Trumpian. It's disgusting.
    Well, if it gets bad enough, instead of saying Trumpian, how about saying 'Sandernista'?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I've already told you I don't care if people here don't vote for Sanders. We "ATTACK" on policy, yes. My memory is very good, so yes, I expect Democrats I don't support to not support me. I'm okay with that. That's why I'll work to get rid of them. /shrug.
    I don't know how much clearer I need to make it to you guys. I'm NOT a fan of the modern Democratic Party. They are literally having talks about superdelegates taking the election away from the person who is winning in the polls and actually winning.
    These morons today, said that they are here to protect the Republic, not Democracy...
    Makes more sense to me to wait and see what actually happens instead of getting worked up over something I read on the internet that may or may not happen.

Sanders is not owed the nomination and he's going to have to prove by more than just a little that he's the best candidate for the general election.

And it's not about supporting you -- it's about discussing how Sanders is better at legislating change than the Democrats you keep complaining about.

Your vision of Sanders is not the reality that others live with regards to his actual record.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-27-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Makes more sense to me to wait and see what actually happens instead of getting worked up over something I read on the internet that may or may not happen.

Sanders is not owed the nomination and he's going to have to prove by more than just a little that he's the best candidate for the general election.

And it's not about supporting you -- it's about discussing how Sanders is better at legislating change than the Democrats you keep complaining about.

Your vision of Sanders is not the reality that others live with regards to his actual record.
    For all this talk about policy they sure don't value governing as a high priority. They're going to be in for a shock when they get President Sanders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Some of it might be ignorance too. I had a conversation with my roommate(black, early thirties, female, says she doesn't vote) a month ago about the trade war. She is convinced that China is screwing us...and I'm like, but that doesn't mean we fight back in stupid ways. She could not give me a justification for how the trade war was effecting our farmers. Of why if were were gonna raise tariffs why we couldn't plan **** out a little bit more first. Of why we can't find another way of balancing trade with out having to sink millions of tax dollars into shoring up farms that were loosing money. Or why some of these farms were gonna do with their crops if this dragged on so long that China stopped buying soy or nuts. She could only shrug and turn away. It made me hope that she really doesn't vote.
    I think that's the case with regular people. But some of these folks who pop up in the media, YouTube , etc are straight up phonies who don't belief half of what they say ( Cadance Owens, Anthony Brian Logan, etc). Or they're a little conservative but crank up the pandering for clicks. It just cracks me up when I see comments defending someone like SomeBlackGuy as some sort of "free thinker" when he clearly isn't all that informed on the issues and is just giving hot takes that he knows his audience wants to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Unlikely. Trump survived the Mueller Report and the impeachment hearings, chances are disturbingly good he’ll get past this crisis too. At the risk of sounding like a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut, what if the plan is to let coronavirus purposely get so badly out of hand, Trump uses it as an excuse to declare a national emergency and suspend the election? For god’s sake, he put Mike Pence who doesn’t know jack **** about science in charge of the administration’s response team on the virus, what does that tell you except that the goal is to turn this thing into one mother of a clusterfuck.
    Never mind that there is a scenario where the rest of the world sorts it, and potentially leaves Trump with an upswing to run on in the fall.

While there's no telling where it will go, there's an "Upside..." scenario for Trump.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    For all this talk about policy they sure don't value governing as a high priority. They're going to be in for a shock when they get President Sanders.
    Or an unhinged Trump that selects the most non-progressive judges and Supreme Court justices possible.

I found the payment plan on my own but it's still fair to ask how he's going to make it happen.

I'll never say it can't happen, just that the voter should know how he plans to make it happen.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-27-2020 at 08:20 PM.

While I didn't really look into if what I came across was "On The Level...", Steven Seagal might have been charged by the SEC with failing to disclose a payment from a "Bitcoin"-sorta outfit for hustling their product.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Or an unhinged Trump that selects the most non-progressive judges and Supreme Court justices possible.

I found the payment plan on my own but it's still fair to ask how he's going to make it happen.

I'll never say it can't happen, just that the voter should know how he plans to make it happen.
    I’m all for transparency. At least Sanders put something out there, I’ll give him that. Whether or not he can put his vision into practice is another story.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Michelle Obama petitioned to run as vice-president to stop Bernie Sanders, report says

Anxious party officials float late-entry candidates anticipating brokered convention

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9363856.html

"Fearing the selection of Bernie Sanders as the Democrats’ 2020 presidential nominee, a growing number of establishment party officials are reportedly considering Sherrod Brown as a late-entry “white knight” with Michelle Obama as a running mate.

Other potential candidates floated by the party include Kamala Harris, who dropped out of the race in December, as well as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the New York Times’ interview with 93 party officials, all of whom are superdelegates who could determine the party’s nominee should a candidate emerge without a clear majority of delegate votes.

Anxiously waiting for results from Super Tuesday primaries across the US next week, those Democrats are “willing to risk intraparty damage” to stop the progressive candidate’s nomination at the party’s national convention in July, when the party will select the Democratic nominee to face Donald Trump in the general election on 3 November."

WTF, do the Democrats want to lose?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Michelle Obama petitioned to run as vice-president to stop Bernie Sanders, report says

Anxious party officials float late-entry candidates anticipating brokered convention

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9363856.html

"Fearing the selection of Bernie Sanders as the Democrats’ 2020 presidential nominee, a growing number of establishment party officials are reportedly considering Sherrod Brown as a late-entry “white knight” with Michelle Obama as a running mate.

Other potential candidates floated by the party include Kamala Harris, who dropped out of the race in December, as well as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the New York Times’ interview with 93 party officials, all of whom are superdelegates who could determine the party’s nominee should a candidate emerge without a clear majority of delegate votes.

Anxiously waiting for results from Super Tuesday primaries across the US next week, those Democrats are “willing to risk intraparty damage” to stop the progressive candidate’s nomination at the party’s national convention in July, when the party will select the Democratic nominee to face Donald Trump in the general election on 3 November."

I'd really stop listening to rumors about how 'desperate' the Democrats are to 'stop Bernie' with plans that won't actually happen.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-27-2020 at 09:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Yes.

The Democrats would rather lose an election than lose the party to leftist insurgents.

Their number one priority is maintaining power.
    Last edited by Rosa Luxemburg; 02-27-2020 at 09:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'd really stop listening to unsourced rumors about how 'desperate' the Democrats are to 'stop Bernie' with plans that won't actually happen.
    Superbat links to The Independent, but the original story came from The New York Times.

This isn't an rumor. This is what reporters working for the New York Times were told by party officials

Dozens of interviews with Democratic establishment leaders this week show that they are not just worried about Mr. Sanders’s candidacy, but are also willing to risk intraparty damage to stop his nomination at the national convention in July if they get the chance. Since Mr. Sanders’s victory in Nevada’s caucuses on Saturday, The Times has interviewed 93 party officials — all of them superdelegates, who could have a say on the nominee at the convention — and found overwhelming opposition to handing the Vermont senator the nomination if he arrived with the most delegates but fell short of a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Superbat links to The Independent, but the original story came from The New York Times.

This isn't an rumor. This is what reporters working for the New York Times were told by party officials
    Yeah, I corrected my post already to omit 'unsoruced', though I woiuld point out that there are something like 400+ superdelgates in the party, and that these sort of reports are generally inflammatorily designed. The NYT's track record isn't great here. My eyes rolled too preemptively.

It's gossip and speculation, nothing more.

I will point out, however, that if Bernie arrives at the convention with, say, 40% of the delegates, and 60% are out between varied candidates, they're gonna have a big problem on their hands. I honestly do not think it that likely but not imposible.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-27-2020 at 09:07 PM.