Page 681 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Buttigieg cancels Florida events due to cold

But has he been tested for the coronavirus?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Just look at his polling in upcoming states. He has no minority support.
    Still not a reason to drop out ahead of all the others who've yet to win a state. He has a lot of support, and is doing very, very well for A MAYOR! Who no-one knew of before this; who isn't a millionaire unlike everyone else running/billionaire.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No he has the correct assumption. Pete poured all his money and ground game into Iowa and NH. His strategy was to have a strong showing their and use it as a springboard. Unfortunately he basically tied IA in a convoluted mess and he narrowly lost NH while the eye turning win was in Nevada
    He didn't "basically tied"... he won. He won. You invalidate so much trust or confidence anyone might have in your thoughts on any political matter about this election by using such statements. Don't you realise that? Fight for people to trust you. He won. Data is in. He won. If you can't admit that, then, I'm sorry, but anything else you say comes with a giant grain of salt to not be trusted.

And it still makes no sense that many, many candidates who haven't even "basically tied" in any state, let alone come second, are still in the running, but the guy who won a 1/3 of the states so far is the one who should drop out next???
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-28-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    He didn't "basically tied"... he won. He won. You invalidate so much trust or confidence anyone might have in your thoughts on any political matter about this election by using such statements. Don't you realise that? Fight for people to trust you. He won. Data is in. He won. If you can't admit that, then, I'm sorry, but anything else you say comes with a giant grain of salt to not be trusted.

And it still makes no sense that many, many candidates who haven't even "basically tied" in any state, let alone come second, are still in the running, but the guy who won a 1/3 of the states so far is the one who should drop out next???
    It's just reading the tea leaves. Buttigieg's only real avenue was to surge hard at the start and then see it translate to black and brown voters shifting from Biden to him. That didn't happen. Those voters either didn't budge or found others like Steyer or Bernie to shift to. As a result, as far as I can see, he's dead in the water.

The person who seems to be benefiting is Biden. His polling seems to be trending up as some of the moderates trend down. May be too late, but Biden's only hope going forward at least seems to have some legs.

They are handing these Operation Chaos flyers out at the North Charleston Trump rally.
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Still not a reason to drop out ahead of all the others who've yet to win a state. He has a lot of support, and is doing very, very well for A MAYOR! Who no-one knew of before this; who isn't a millionaire unlike everyone else running/billionaire.

Honestly, the "Why?..." comes down to some really simple "Basics 101" stuff.

Think about everyone except him.

Their respective places in the bigger picture(who they will be once things have played themselves out...) are set. Senators will stay Senators. Rich folks will still be rich folks. You get the picture.

Mayor Pete?

The guy is still young enough that he may eventually have a political career past where he is after he, most likely, doesn't even really place in the nomination process.

If he stays in until he is a clear "Loser" candidate just for some sort of vanity that revolves around not leaving the race before others that haven't placed?

It had better be something that he gets a lot out of, personally. Certainly something worth the potential damage that it will do whatever his political future could be.

My thought for the day

Do you vote for whom you want to vote for?

Or do you vote for the candidate that others have told you to vote for?

Are you thinking fro yourself? Or just following the pack?

Justice Dept. Establishes Office to Denaturalize Immigrants

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department said Wednesday that it had created an official section in its immigration office to strip citizenship rights from naturalized immigrants, a move that gives more heft to the Trump administration’s broad efforts to remove from the country immigrants who have committed crimes.

The Denaturalization Section “underscores the department’s commitment to bring justice to terrorists, war criminals, sex offenders and other fraudsters who illegally obtained naturalization,” Joseph H. Hunt, the head of the Justice Department’s civil division, said in a statement.

“The Denaturalization Section will further the department’s efforts to pursue those who unlawfully obtained citizenship status and ensure that they are held accountable for their fraudulent conduct,” Mr. Hunt said.

The move promises to further expand a practice that was once used infrequently, but that the Trump administration has increasingly turned to as part of its immigration crackdown. It has raised alarms among some department lawyers who fear denaturalization lawsuits could be used against immigrants who have not committed serious crimes.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, the "Why?..." comes down to some really simple "Basics 101" stuff.

Think about everyone except him.

Their respective places in the bigger picture(who they will be once things have played themselves out...) are set. Senators will stay Senators. Rich folks will still be rich folks. You get the picture.

Mayor Pete?

The guy is still young enough that he may eventually have a political career past where he is after he, most likely, doesn't even really place in the nomination process.

If he stays in until he is a clear "Loser" candidate just for some sort of vanity that revolves around not leaving the race before others that haven't placed?

It had better be something that he gets a lot out of, personally. Certainly something worth the potential damage that it will do whatever his political future could be.
    With Pete he should take this opportunity now hes not going to win the nomination his support with minorities is just not there and hes not going to get it this time.

He is young though. He could have a career and go farther be is Senator/Gov later so learn from this. Reach out to minority democratic programs and communities as he bowsd out and in the interim while he works on his next steps.

He can come back a much stronger moderate candidate in the future that has shown he gives a **** about the democratic base at large later.

I think you are right staying in so long you cant wash off the loser label will only make things harder later. After super Tuesday if he doesn't win anything a single state he should bow out. So should Klobuchar and probably Bloomberg too but Bloom has so much money he can keep being stupid wasting it on ads instead of supporting other candidates

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    With Pete he should take this opportunity now hes not going to win the nomination his support with minorities is just not there and hes not going to get it this time.

He is young though. He could have a career and go farther be is Senator/Gov later so learn from this. Reach out to minority democratic programs and communities as he bowsd out and in the interim while he works on his next steps.

He can come back a much stronger moderate candidate in the future that has shown he gives a **** about the democratic base at large later.

I think you are right staying in so long you cant wash off the loser label will only make things harder later. After super Tuesday if he doesn't win anything a single state he should bow out.
    So should Klobuchar and probably Bloomberg too but Bloom has so much money he can keep being stupid wasting it on ads instead of supporting other candidates
    While there is that, this particular nomination process has a pretty particular hitch.

Your "Mainstream"/"Business As Usual" Democratic base? I don't really think they will be above holding a grudge if Mayor Pete stays in with no real path to a win while making it more difficult for a more viable "Business As Usual" Democrat to compete with Sanders.

There's just a lot of downside for what seems like it would be a move where the only real upside would be the guy(and his supporters) own political vanity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I can't wait to hear about how The Wall would have stopped the coronavirus.
    They are already trying to convince their viewers and right wingers, the Democrats want them dead, and are hanging with Conspiracy theorists like Limbaugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, my friends who takes South Carolina?

I'm conflicted. I must say. I think there is a 55% chance Sanders beats Biden due to his momentum and youth vote, but barely, and a 45% chance Biden's "Southern Fire Wall" holds. I'm the least certain of this outcome than of any state yet.
    Biden is going to win SC, and It surprises me not. But it doesn't matter the super Tuesday polls are showing Bernie blowing out everybody else. SC and my family is mostly from there. I've lived there, served at Charleston AFB, got 2 of my 3 degrees there. SC is super divided between age groups among blacks. I think Biden wins, but Bernie is gonna slay among the youth, and make the difference between him and Biden, a lot lower.

So the media is gonna say Sanders hit his ceiling but fail to mention that Blacks live everywhere, not just South Carolina.
    But the truth is, a lot of folks in the south still have backward ways of thinking when it comes to the world. Not saying it's bad, but when it comes to moving the country forward, they're not dependable to help with that.

This is why I moved to NC, and boy oh boy, lol. There are days I'm like, Why? Lol.

But overall NC is a HELLUVA lot more Progressive than SC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Florida looks like a longshot for Bernie. Especially after he went and said nice things about Fidel Castro for no discernible reason.
    Because sane people can differentiate what he said, versus what they think he said, which Obama also said. But since it's Bernie, it's BAAAAAADD! lol.

Anyway. Chuck Rocha, in a video I posted here, has said that they are considering Florida a lost cause, and moving to other states, but still going to try to win in Florida.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, I think we know what the reason might be. Fidel and Sanders are (or were in Fidel's case) fellow travelers as the saying goes. Often those who believe in the same radical ideology don't want to criticize each other openly.

Edit- I agree it was a stupid move especially in this case.
    He literally said what Obama said... But hey Identity politics trump facts I guess.

INTERNATIONAL
    Obama Praises And Challenges Cubans In Speech In Havana
    March 22, 20169:03 PM ET